Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I got Requiem for a Dream, Love Liza, The Lobster

what movies make you uncomfortable?

Eraserhead? Blue Velvet?

TV shows are also allowed. I was real torn up about the last season of Orange is the New Black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Season 6 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It has the best and some of the worst parts of that show.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

doverhog posted:

Season 6 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It has the best and some of the worst parts of that show.

I watched Angel, a lot and not a lot of Buffy.

The Irish bloke who was Angel's secretary died out of some kind of addiction.

IRL

And I can't help but hear his brogue in the vampire dude from Preacher.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker
Atomic Train.

I watched it because many years ago I googled Rob Lowe while watching Park and Rec and decided to check it out because trains are cool.

It's the worst movie. Yes, the first scene is literally a train of orphans.. Also, literally everything that can go wrong goes wrong in the worst way it can. (I'm not misusing "literally" here). The movie somehow goes on much longer past when it should have just rolled credits and ends up absurdly maximizing the amount of :psyduck:.

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless
Mortal Kombat: Annihilation.

There's probably nothing I could tell you about myself that would be more embarrassing than "I paid real cash moneys to go see Mortal Kombat: Annihilation at the cinema".
In my defense I'd enjoyed the first one (recognizing it as stupid but fun) and was a dumb teenager.

It's an awful film in every way, but I've probably got more fun mileage out of ranting about how awful it is to other people than I get out of just watching most movies.

Seriously:
- Opening credits are completely identical to the first movie except with 'Annihilation' in the worlds worst 3D font added at the end! Surely this bodes well!
- One of the three main characters from first movie killed off so unceremoniously and anticlimatically in the first couple of minutes that you're sure he'll be back but nope, he's really dead!
- Ton of characters that show up for all of 10 seconds to add nothing to the plot!
- Hilarious scene of some mook getting chucked into a flaming pit!
- A villain who looks and sounds like something out of "The Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers"!
- All fighting replaced with camera cuts and people flying through the air like in "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys"!...
- ...or with terrible CGI (also like "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys")!
- Dialogue so bad it makes the original seem like a literary masterpiece!
- Characters split up over a childish argument, so that the woman can have a girl-on-girl mud wrestle with another woman, only to be almost completely clean (save a smudge on her cheek) in the very next scene where she rejoins her mentally challenged buddy!
- Random lab in the middle of the desert containing nobody but Jaxx, the robot arm black dude, who is hooked up to IV drips on an operating table (implying he went through surgery to get his robot arms? Ah, but see below!) Why is there nobody else there and where did they go? This movie does not care and you're already thinking too much! Instead, there are now ninjas raining from the sky!
- Selfsame Jaxx learning an important lesson about trusting in yourself, not your robot arms, who then proceeds to TAKE OFF HIS ROBOT ARMS AS IF THEY WERE SLEEVES, revealing normal arms beneath. He is naturally much stronger this way! Wait, if he can just take them off like that why was he on an operating table? I don't know!
- Baraka armed with wobbly rubber blades! And wobbly rubber mask!
- Sheeva, the four-armed dragon lady being constantly built up as one of this movie's big tough evil guys! We're constantly teased with the possibility that she's now going to go fight the heroes, but no! Then she and Liu Kang (the designated protagonist) finally end up in the same scene together and... he drops a heavy metal cage on her. She dead!
- Villain gets turned into a cube!
- A movie so bad that even Christopher Lambert thought it was too rubbish to be in!

See, this was so much fun to write, despite being torturous to sit through.

Soul Reaver has a new favorite as of 09:38 on Feb 25, 2019

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless

This guy is a centaur thing but he's usually shot like this, probably because they had already used up most of their horse rear end quota to staff the production.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
You're ignoring the best thing about Mortal Kombat Annihiliation: somersaults!

Seanbaby posted:

There's yet to have been a cinematic historical society willing to do a proper study on this type of thing, so it's unofficial when I declare this to be the most front flipping movie of all time. Any mode of travel that ISN'T a front flip, such as walking, seems strictly forbidden in Mortal Kombat ettiquette. This reaches the peak of ridiculousness when Shao Kahn has to break the news to his father that Raiden is still alive by, as remorsefully as possible, somersaulting down the stairs at incredible speeds.

The Matrix sequels. poo poo, too long and boring. You know the Superman problem of how do you create a credible threat for a hero who's basically invulnerable? The Wachowskis didn't even try to solve it. Instead, we get a scene of Neo beating up endless Agent Smiths until he gets bored and leaves. Insert "I wish I'd done the same" joke here.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

pseudorandom posted:

Atomic Train.

I watched it because many years ago I googled Rob Lowe while watching Park and Rec and decided to check it out because trains are cool.

It's the worst movie. Yes, the first scene is literally a train of orphans.. Also, literally everything that can go wrong goes wrong in the worst way it can. (I'm not misusing "literally" here). The movie somehow goes on much longer past when it should have just rolled credits and ends up absurdly maximizing the amount of :psyduck:.

based on the plot synopsis and when it was made, I'm guessing whoever pitched this idea had an N64 and a copy of Blast Corps

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
You guyes seen A Serbian Film?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groly
Nov 4, 2009
Signs. Of course aliens would wander around rear end-naked on a planet where a solvent that dissolves them is abundant in nature. And hunting with a gas that you expel from your wrist is entirely practical.