Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

They say the fog that covers the city is the breath of the dragon’s, but is it dead, or dreaming?

Underneath London lies the body of Albion, the Dragon that drowned digging his way to the Reverse Side of the World. On his back was born an organisation and around that organisation was built a city. The Clocktower in London. The academy is the foremost magecraft organization in the world. Countless departments vie for positions and the Lords of Lady’s of the oldest families have turned the academy into their own political playground. While around the city the Church, Dead Apostles and the spirits of Gaia work toward their own ends. Let’s see what happens in this melting pot of magic, power and ambition.

---

This an interest check for people who enjoy Urban Shadows or Type Moon franchises such as Tsukihime or Fate/X. I don’t claim to be an expert in either but I enjoy both so I thought why not mash them together and see what comes out.

Here’s a Discord for people who have questions:
https://discord.gg/BeR9q5T

Urban Shadows Playbooks and stuff for people who want to know more about the system (It’s PbtA so rules lite, fiction oriented, roll 2d6 at important junctures and 7+ is for varying degrees of success)

https://www.magpiegames.com/our-games/urban-shadows/urban-shadows-downloads/

This is the Type Moon Wiki. There is too much information here for any sane person to digest.

https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/TYPE-MOON_Wiki

For character creation there’s a lot of background for mages and vampires but most other playbooks will probably take a bit of creativity to fit into the setting. But I believe in you guys!

[edit]This will be a primarily play by post game with Discord for questions and clarifications or when it makes sense to do something by chat.

Let me know what you think!

City moves are ways we give the city character.

City Moves

There's something in the fog...
Bloody tourists, always getting in your way

Then we have situational moves for locations, special equipment

Special Moves

Explore Spirit Grave Albion
???

Apocron fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Mar 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Rabi Baird, the False Wolf

Who are you?
Rabi Baird. Scottish. Indian. Bouncer. Werewolf. A' that.

How long have you been in the city?
A few years. I was a bouncer in Glasgow for a while, then a monster in a cage for a wee bit, and now a lapdog for a mage, watchin' her back green like I'm a fuckin' security guard. I try not to be too bitter as it's technically a mutually beneficial relationship, but as I've already made abundantly clear, if she calls me her guard dog one more time I'll burn her fancy house down.

What is the best part of the change?
The change hurts. A lot. I don't know if it does for real werewolves, or just me. It doesn't matter.

The change - I didn't learn to like the pain exactly, but I did learn to appreciate it as an affirmation. Like going home. Like decorating the exterior match the insides. I can't pretend to be Jekyll and Hyde, because I'm honestly no more violent and aggressive as a giant wolf than I am as a man.

Which is very.

Who is the most important person in your territory?
I am, if you ask me. I probably still am if you ask a bystander. But if you ask a mage, its my prick 'associate'. She lives in a little house up a hill, away from the 'civilians', atop a criss-crossing of some fuckin'.. leylines? She says its magically important. I say its spooky as gently caress. Haunted house. Christ help her though, she does seems to thrive in it.

She's technically the one that keeps me hidden. In exchange I keep the scum out. Lowest crime rate in the city, except for the people who I sometimes make go missing.

What do you desperately need?

Literally, or philosophically? Philosophically I need an understanding of why bad things happen, and the sense of drive and purpose that keeps everyone else on their feet.

Literally though, I'd gladly settle for the chance to rip the head off the person who made me. Then I can find something else to focus the brunt of my attention on. Or maybe just die in peace.

quote:

Name: Rabi Baird
Look: Male, South Asian, Dirty Clothing
Demeanor: Violent

Stats:
Blood +2
Heart -1
Mind 0
Spirit +1

Factions:
Mortality 0
Night +1
Power 0
Wild +1

The Transformation:
By default, you change into your wolf form when the full moon rises; you gain natural weaponry (2-harm) and 1-armor; you can resist the change, but it’s not easy; and you can only change back at sunrise.
Choose 2:
❑ You gain +1 armor while transformed
❑ When battling groups, you fight like a small group

Choose 2:
❑ You can’t resist the change when it comes
❑ The transformation takes a while and causes you a lot of pain

Your Territory:
You’ve claimed an area of the city as your own. By default, your territory covers a city block or two and has the trouble: +crime
Choose 2:
❑ People here work hard to keep the streets safe (remove +crime)
❑ You are widely accepted as this place’s protector (add blessing: +supported)

Choose 2:
❑ Your territory owes fealty to someone more powerful than you (add trouble: +obligations)
❑ Your territory is plagued by a mystical or supernatural presence (add trouble: +haunted)

Wolf Moves:
❑ Comes with the Territory: If you are actively patrolling your territory at the start of the session, roll with Blood. On a 10+, your territory is secure and trouble is at a minimum; take +1 ongoing to Hitting the Streets in your territory. On a 7-9, one of your troubles surfaces (your choice), but things are mostly stable. On a miss, or if you aren’t attending to your territory, things go south and your troubles are fast and furious.
❑ Bloodhound: When you hunt someone, roll with Blood. On a hit, you know exactly where to find them and can follow their scent until you do. On a 10+, take +1 forward against them. On a miss, someone unpleasant finds you first.
And choose one more:
❑ Reckless: If you jump right into danger without hedging your bets, you get armor+1. If you’re leading a group, it gets armor+1 also.

Drama Moves:
Wolf Corruption Move - When you begin a hunt for someone, mark corruption.

Intimacy Move
When you share a moment of intimacy—physical or emotional—with another person, you create a primal bond with them; you always know where to find them and when they’re in trouble. This bond lasts until the end of the next session.

End Move
When you die or retire your character, anyone in the scene you wish to protect escapes and reaches safety, no matter the odds.

Gear:
» A duffel bag with your personal belongings, a lovely cell phone
» 2 practical weapons
❑ 9mm Beretta (2-harm hand concealable)
Baseball Cricket bat (2-harm hand)

Debts:
» JWS is hiding you from someone, or something, powerful. You owe them a Debt.
» Mnemosyne hired you for a job and you hosed it up. You owe them 2 Debts.
» Sigurd lives in your territory, benefiting from your protection. They owe you a Debt.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Mar 7, 2019

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Sigurd Westgaarde, the Hunter

» Who are you?

Sigurd of Thjod, though I've taken the name Westgaarde as the ages turn.

» How long have you been in the city?

Of late? Months, no more. I come chasing the hint of a wyrm for the slaying.

» How did you become a hunter?

The tale is overlong for the telling, but you would not be incorrect to look to the Edda for some measure of truth. I was raised at the court of King Hjálprek, received the sword Gram from the smith Regin, and slew the dragon Fafnir on Gnita-Heath. Much that follows is more exaggeration than reality. My life was rather unhappy, yes, but I cannot say I was slain by an angry valkyrie.

» What do you hunt, primarily?

That most terrible and avaricious of the creatures that inhabit this realm: dragons. I started with Fafnir, yes, but that is not where I've stopped. The people of the Church, in times past, even knew me by a different name: that of Saint George, Dragonslayer. I care not that they lay claim to my exploits, only that the foul beasts are consigned to the mists of time.

» What are their strengths and weaknesses?

Ah, is that not the trick of it? Their strengths manifold, their weaknesses carefully hidden. I've developed some tacts that work on the average wyrm, but the slaying of a great dragon is never a simple matter. My blade, Gram, is anathema to dragonkind, but a beast of great wisdom often makes the delivery of blade to heart something of a difficult matter.

» What terrible thing have you done to yourself to help even the playing field?

That much of the legend is true. When my blade plunged deep into Fafnir, spelling its doom, I was bathed in heartblood that spilled out. It transformed me, then, from a mortal man into something both more and less. I possess puissance and longevity beyond any man. The tongue of animals is known to me, yes, and my skin is as powerful a barrier as any dragon's scales.

The changes slowed after the heartblood no longer flowed, but I've felt them progress with the years. It's a creeping thing, to be sure, but one day I will be Fafnir reborn. A great and powerful dragon, free to pillage a world where magic and steel can no longer bring forth the majesty and power of ages past.

» How are you like them?

Outside the creeping doom that awaits? I suppose you might consider me a hoarder of lives. Gram has drank the blood of many dragons as of yet, the promise of more all that sates it. I listen not when the dragons offer this speech. It enraged me the first time they named me brother and, I must say, it has grown no less offensive to my ears.

quote:

Name: Sigurd Westgaarde
Look: Male, Scandinavian, Old-fashioned Clothing
Demeanor: Detached

Character Stats:
Blood 2
Heart 0
Mind 1
Spirit -1

Factions:
Mortality 1
Night -1
Power 0
Wild 2

Moves:
Slayer: When you Keep Your Cool while on a hunt, roll with Blood instead of Spirit.
Deadly: When you inflict harm, increase the harm by 1. (Already factored into the custom weapons below.)
Prepared for Anything: You have a well-stocked armory, full of modern and ancient weapons. Take another custom weapon or add another add-on to each of your custom weapons.

Drama Moves:
Hunter Corruption Move: When you injure a mortal while pursuing the supernatural, mark corruption.
Intimacy Move: When you share a moment of intimacy—physical or emotional—with another person, ask them a question; they must answer it honestly. They will ask you a question in return; answer it honestly or mark corruption.
End Move: When you die or retire your character, choose a character belonging to another player and give them one of your chosen Hunter moves. It’s theirs for keeps.

Gear:
» A lovely apartment, a muscle car, a cell phone
» 3 custom weapons
  • Gram: Dawn of Ruin (3-harm Hand Anchored Reputation) [Haft, Bladed, Famed, Enchanted]
  • Bölverk Gram: Heaven's Wheel of Destruction (5-harm Close/Far Area Loud) [SMG, Big, High-Powered, Scoped]
  • Arrows of Mistletoe: Bane of the Invulnerable (3-harm Close/Far Reload Holy Silver Cold Iron) [Bow, Blessed, Silver, Cold Iron]
Debts:
» Someone has enlisted you to protect them from something very dangerous. They owe you a Debt. — Mnem
» Someone keeps you equipped and supplied. You owe them 2 Debts. — David
» You consider someone a friend even though the friendship keeps bringing you trouble. They owe you a Debt. — Regin, Smith of a Bygone Era

Tricky fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Mar 10, 2019

Emy
Apr 21, 2009
/
Nephthys Hieronymus, the Tainted

» Who are you?
Nephthys Hieronymus, briefly a student of alchemy at Atlas. My only accomplishment there was managing to turn my hair white before I made a bad deal and was forced to abandon my studies. Agreeing to help Dust of Osiris was a mistake, and now I'm basically just her proxy.

» How long have you been in the city?
About a week. I only moved here for a job, but it looks like it might be long-term, so I arranged for a residence.

» Who would you die for?
Good question, with an easy and unsatisfying answer. I would die for Dust of Osiris. I have died for her. I will die for her again. Not for any grand ideal, so don't get any ideas about that; it's because she's the one pulling my strings.

» What is your daily release?
Music. I go to my new apartment, put on some gigantic headphones, and for a brief while, I don't have to do anything or be anyone.

» What do you desperately need?
To find a sense of control.

quote:

Name: Nephthys Hieronymus
Playbook: The Tainted, a member of night.
Look: Female, Middle Eastern, Formal Clothing
Demonic look: a faceless helmet, clawed hands, dark metallic plated skin.
Demeanor: Corporate

Stats:
Blood 3
Heart 1
Mind -1
Spirit 0

Factions:
☐ Mortality 1
☑ Night 1
☐ Power 0
☐ Wild -1

Demon Form
Since your patron claimed your soul, you have a new look: a demon form.

Demonic Jobs
Your dark patron keeps you busy on earth for a reason. Choose two jobs from the list below:
Collecting souls, tracking down rogue demons, delivering threats and messages, guarding someone or something, assassinating your patron’s enemies, brokering demonic contracts, hiding demonic contraband.

When you complete a job for your patron, mark Night. Your patron owes you a Debt for every job completed.
You can cash in a Debt with your Patron in order to have them:
» Answer a question (honestly) about their Faction
» Introduce you to a powerful member of their Faction
» Give you a worthy and useful gift without cost
» Erase a Debt they hold on someone
» Give you a Debt they have on someone else
» Give you +3 to Persuade them (choose before rolling)
Your patron may offer you the chance to buy your freedom, but Debts alone won’t be enough.

Moves
The Devil Inside: When you assume your demon form, roll with Blood. On a 10+, choose 2. On a 7-9, choose 1. On a miss, choose 1 and you owe your patron a Debt.
» Gain armor+1
» Heal 2-harm
» Inflict +1 harm
» +demonic weapon (3-harm hand or 2-harm close)
» +demonic movement (flight, flaming motorcycle, etc.)
If you’re working a job for your patron, choose 1 more. If you mark corruption, choose 1 more.

Cold as Ice: Take +1 Blood (max +3)

Drama Moves
Tainted Corruption Move: When you persuade someone on your patron’s behalf, mark corruption.

Intimacy Move: When you share a moment of intimacy—physical or emotional—with another person, they give you a Debt they hold on someone else.

End Move: When you die, cash in all the Debts your patron owes you to come back. If you have none, your patron will ask someone else to pay the Debt for you. If they refuse, time’s up. It’s been a good run.

Gear:
» A house or apartment, a car, a smart phone
» 1 weapon of choice: Sword (3-harm hand messy)

Debts:
» You’re protecting someone from a dark power. They owe you 2 Debts. - Sion Eltnam Atlasia
» Someone is trying to save you and keeps suffering for it. You owe them 2 Debts. - David Lawson
» You have a demon patron who holds the contract for your soul. You owe them 3 Debts. - Dust of Osiris

Emy fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Mar 27, 2019

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
This will be a primarily play by post game with Discord for questions and clarifications or when it makes sense to do something by chat. Will update the OP.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

David Lawson, Veteran

Who are you?

David Lawson, member of the Burial Agency, retired from active duty. I stick around London, assisting others in the Church and 'friendlies' with training, information and tools to do their job, mostly involving dead apostles.

I'm a London boy, born and bred. I started a job with the Met, but I was still fresh when I encountered a Vampire being fought by a member of the Burial Agency, Simon Malmstein. I I wasn't very effective, shooting some rounds at it, but I impressed the Agency members enough that they offered me to assist them. Took a bit of hesitation, being raised a good Anglican, but they only look Catholic. I still worked the force, but I gathered intel for Simon. I was good at it.

What was your greatest accomplishment in the city?

In the late nineties Simon's luck ran out. There was a set of Dead Apostles working together. Five of them. Not a very common thing, and pretty dangerous. They were killing a lot of folk, and Simon went after them. He died.

You might think I went after them right away. But I didn't. I carefully hid all the relics I knew Simon had. And then, I bided my time. For months I observed, watched, took notes of the five. Their habits, their powers, their personalities. When I wasn't studying them, I was asking the Church for information about past encounters. My caution had a cost. A lot of people died while I prepared. But when I struck, it was quick. The Five Burial Night they call it. Five powerful Dead Apostles. One died to a car bomb filled with blessed silver shrapnel, one dissolved into Holy Water, one pierced by three dozen holy stakes, one was stabbed in the back by a sacred blade, one shot in the back of the head point black by a blessed bullet. It went quickly. Each of them could have taken me in combat in three seconds. I did not give them one. They died before they knew they were under attack. Before they could warn each other.

I was promoted to the eighth place in the Burial Agency. The spare member. I left the force, and became an ordained full time vampire hunter. An executor.

Why did you stop?

I could of course not repeat the complete element of surprise of the Five Burial Night. The Dead Apostles were a lot more wary. But I used that. If your enemy is paranoid enough to see signs of you everywhere, you can hide your actual movements. Launching fake attacks that always ended up like ghosts, just to force the dead apostles to get to distrust and ignore their first reactions, and then I struck. I developed contacts with every other supernatural, got chummier with the mages than the Church liked, just so they'd give me info. They called me the Panopticon. And over the years, as others fell, I rose in the ranks.

And then, ten years ago, there was a Dead Apostle with the name of Bloody Mary. I pursued her. Studied her. I often think back on it. Wondering if I made a mistake. But I hadn't gotten cocky. I took due diligence. When I struck, I was sure I had her. A trap set up to cut her into several pieces with blessed blades at the time I knew she always walked through it.

Except that day, the one who walked through it wasn't her. It wasn't some bystander either. It was my brother.

She'd beaten me at my own game. Knew who I was, killed my own brother. She probably could have killed me. Instead, she just destroyed me.

I resigned from active duty the next day.

I want revenge, but right now, I don't think I have what it takes to beat her. I'm not as good as I used to be, don't have as many contacts as I once did. And I'm getting old, slowing down.

quote:

Name: David Lawson
Look: Male, White, Formal clothing
Demeanour: Reserved

Stats:
Blood -1
Heart 1
Mind 2
Spirit 0

Factions:
Mortality 1
Night 0
Power 1
Wild 0

Workspace:
You have a workspace that includes a large space for your tools and/or supplies. When you go into your workspace to work on something, the MC tells you what it will take to complete.
Contains:
a scattering of ancient relics
an advanced surveillance system
Machining Tools
Items created in your workspace are safe from the MC. They can’t be destroyed or taken without your permission, even if you sell or give them away to another character.

Moves

Old Friends, Old Favors:
When you first encounter an NPC—rather than putting a face to a name—you may declare them an old friend and roll with Mind. On a hit, they offer you comfort and aid, even if it exposes them to danger or retribution. On a 7-9, tell the MC why you owe them a Debt. On a miss, tell the MC why they want you dead.

The Best Laid Plans:When you work out a plan with someone, roll with Mind. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 2. You can spend your hold 1-for-1, regardless of distance, while the plan is being carried out to:
Add +1 to someone’s roll (choose after rolling)
Dismiss all harm someone suffers from a single attack
Ensure your people have the exact gear they need on hand
On a miss, hold 1, but your plan falls apart at the worst possible moment.

Gun to a Knife Fight:
When you unleash an attack on someone by seriously escalating the conflict, roll with Mind instead of Blood.

Drama moves

Corruption Move When you knowingly head straight into danger, mark corruption.

Intimacy Move When you share a moment of intimacy—physical or emotional—with another person, tell them a story about the past and the lessons you learned. Choose 1:
You both take +1 forward
You take +1 forward and they take -1 forward
Hold 1. Spend the hold to lend a hand to that character from any distance

End Move When you die or retire your character, choose a character to inherit your workspace and True Artist.

Gear
An Apartment
A Nice Car
A smartphone
A workspace
A 9mm beretta

Debts
Someone relies on you for training or knowledge. They owe you 2 Debts. Sister Sylvia A young member of the church, aspiring to be an executor. She is quick, stealthy and dangerous, but impatient.
You’re working on something big for someone, and it’s nearly ready. The one called Westgarde. I am making a grappling gun for him. The hook is to be blessed, able to pierce any hide, no matter how hard, the rope to be unbreakable. They owe you a Debt.
Someone keeps pulling your rear end out of the fire. I sometimes get Dead Apostles coming after me. I suppose they figure taking out an old has been is worth some credit among their kind. Rabi Baird has saved me several times. Apparently it happened while I was in his territory. You owe them 2 Debts.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Mar 7, 2019

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
David
What grand scheme lead 5 dead apostles to work together?

Rabi
How much do you know about your master? Why did she choose you and why was she doing this experiment?

Zomg
Aug 29, 2006

Ey girl, you ever been with a haunted tent?

Mnemosyne Doxiadis, the Magus

Who are you?
Mnemosyne Doxiadis, Heir to the Doxiadis Family, Magus in possession of the dual affinities Wind & Void, Clock Tower student specializing in Spiritual Evocation.

For some time now, ever since I joined the Clock Tower. My homeland is Crete. I do miss it at times, though I’ve grown fond of the city life that London provides. I imagine it’ll be hard to go back to the island…

What keeps you up at night?
My older brother’s sudden disappearance. He was to be the true heir to the family crest. But one night he just vanished. The only thing he left behind was a note that said he had to learn “the truth”. No one in my family knows what he meant by that. It’s a great enigma that I’ve been drawn to unraveling, and perhaps when I do I’ll be able to find him.

What have you sacrificed for your power?
Oh that’s easy – a social life. I don’t spend much time conversing with other magi within the Clock Tower. Or anyone outside of it. I’m not entirely embarrassed about it. The strides I’ve made as a Magus have been significant, and people speak highly of me. What more could I want?

Well, you see, there’s this book. A grimoire to be exact. In it is the true names of several celestial beings. With these true names, one can get in contact with them. There’s one in particular I’m interested in – one that can give me what I need to possibly find my brother. It’s locked up tight within the confines of the Spirtual Evocation department’s triple restricted section. While I’m highly regarded, I’m not quite marked for such clearance. I have to find a way to get my hands on that book, though...

quote:

Name: Mnemosyne Doxiadis
Look: Female, Greek, Dark Clothing
Demeanor: Ominous

Stats:
Blood -1
Heart 0
Mind 1
Spirit 2

Factions:
Mortality 1
Night -1
Power 2
Wild 0

Spells:
Choose 3.
Tracking: Spend 1 hold to learn the location of someone. You must have a personal object that belongs to the target or recent leavings of their body (a lock of hair, fngernail clippings, their blood, etc.).

Elementalism: You conjure the elements to strike out at your enemies. Spend 1 hold to use Unleash with your magic as a weapon (3-harm close or 2-harm close area).

Shielding: Spend 1 hold to provide armor+1 to yourself or someone nearby, or spend 2 holds to provide armor+1 to everyone in a small area, possibly including yourself. This armor lasts until the end of the scene. You can stack multiple uses of Shielding at once.

Sanctum:
Choose and underline 4 features of your Sanctum:
A testing ground, A library of old tomes, Magical wards, A focus circle

Choose and underline 2 downsides of your Sanctum:
It attracts otherworldly attention, It contains many volatile substances

Focus:
You have a mystical focus item that helps you channel your magics. Without it, take -1 to Channelling.
Wand
❑ Gain 1 additional hold when using Channeling

Wizard Moves:
☑ Channelling: When you channel and collect your magics, roll with Spirit. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 3 and choose 1 from the list below. On a miss, hold 1, but you cannot Channel again this scene.
» Take -1 ongoing until you rest
» Suffer 1-harm (ap)
» Mark corruption
Your hold lasts until you spend it. You can spend it to cast any spell you have as per the spell’s details.

☑ Sanctum Sanctorum: When you go to your Sanctum for a spell ingredient, relic, or tome, roll with Spirit. On a 10+, you’ve got pretty much just the thing. On a 7-9, you’ve got something close, but it’s flawed or lacking in some significant way. On a miss, you don’t have what you’re looking for, but you know someone who probably has it in stock.

Drama Moves:
Wizard Corruption Move
When you strike a deal with someone dark and powerful, mark corruption.

Intimacy Move
When you share a moment of intimacy—physical or emotional—with another person, decide whether you care about them or not. If you don’t, they go about their business as normal. If you do, they take -1 ongoing to Escape until they get some intimacy somewhere else.

End Move
When you die, you may place a devastating curse on someone nearby. Specify the effects of the curse and how they may end it.

Gear:
» A nice apartment, a crappy car, a decent cellphone
» A mystical Focus and Sanctum
» 1 practical weapon
❑ Snubnosed revolver (2-harm close loud reload concealable)

Debts:
» Nephthys is helping you keep your demons at bay. You owe them a Debt.
» Rabi is your go-to when you get into trouble. You owe them 2 Debts.
» You are helping David keep a dangerous secret. They owe you a Debt.

Zomg fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Mar 11, 2019

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

quote:

What grand scheme lead 5 dead apostles to work together?

You may be familiar with the Princes in the Tower. Edward V, king of England and Richard Shrewsburry, Duke of York. They were kept in the Tower of London in the late 15th century, but vanished It is assumed they were murdered. Their uncle Richard is the main suspect. In the 17th century remains were found, and buried as them.

I have learned that none of this is the complete truth. Whatever royal politics involved was a smokescreen, and whatever was buried, it was not... all of them. Some experiments went on there, involving the young king and his brother, something that the Dead Apostles were involved in, or knew of. The five had learned about it, and were trying to find what remains. I am not sure whether it was to take it, to enslave it, or to swear fealty to it. But they were convinced that finding them would change... everything.

After I killed them, I did my very best to find every scrap of information they had and destroy it. Without reading it. It is already terribly dangerous I know what I do right now. Still, I keep an extra close eye on the Tower of London.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Apocron posted:

How much do you know about your master? Why did she choose you and why was she doing this experiment?

Firstly, pal, that's two different people. Secondly, she's not a master. Not of me, not of magic. Her name is Joanna Wessex-Smith*. Yes that is three names, and yes she will correct you if you skip one. Her family is a very big deal at the 'Clocktower', she insists. Our deal is she keeps me hidden, while I keep her safe. As for what else I know about her.. Bratty. Annoying. Smart-arse. Smug. Does magical projects that I can't even pretend to care about.

As for the experiment, that was done by a Dead Apostle with an Egyptian name. A real problem solver who had a solution for the endangered werewolves, dying out for a lack of alphas - make a new one. She took me because I was nobody to no-one. My family were all dead and I was too belligerent to keep friends. She plucked me right out of work and I'm willing to bet even they didn't remember me by the next night.

I don't know if she thought she was doing the wolves a service or if she was expecting something in return, but I don't think they're happy about me. They certainly didn't exactly invite me to their lovely little village.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Mar 7, 2019