Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Inept posted:

also she was 26 and he was 52 when they got married lol

Half your age x 0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Torquemada posted:

Half your age x 1

Cerebral Mayhem
Jul 18, 2000

Very useful on the planet Delphon, where they communicate with their eyebrows
I knew this guy at work, Tim. He was young, in his early thirties. He was also a "big boy" with a beer gut and he loved his southern fried food and sweet tea. One year right after Thanksgiving, he became suddenly and severely ill and had to go to the hospital by ambulance. Once there, his stage IV pancreatic cancer was discovered. He was never stable enough to leave the hospital after that and was dead by Christmas :(

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Happy holidays!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Torquemada posted:

Half your age x 0

:chloe:

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

Col. William 'Hawk' Hawkins posted:

What is a pancreas, anyhow? I mean, I don't know what the drat thing does for you, besides give you cancer.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Fuckstick posted:

What is a pancreas, anyhow? I mean, I don't know what the drat thing does for you, besides give you cancer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqDBB0no6dQ

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

why do I know what this is from

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Well, he's back at work, just like he said he'd be.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Your Taint posted:

Similar to the thread title I was going to post.

He sounds optimistic, but pancreatic cancer is especially a motherfucker. If it's stage 4 that means it's spread to other organs. Unfortunately it's not a matter if "if", but "when."
When you're trapped in a cage with a bear, you have to believe the bear can be reasoned with.

He's likely well aware of the reality and is probably doing this to make viewers feel better. I hope he spends the rest of his time doing things he wants to do.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
ken jennings has fielded the "host jeopardy!?" question a shitload of times in years past and has shown absolutely no interest in it. somewhat with respectful deference to trebek still being the host, but also with seemingly genuine disinterest.

you never know, but i doubt he would do it. he has a pretty decent career as an author/podcaster/twittererer/quiz writer and assorted poo poo that does not require him to relocate his entire family to los angeles when he can just work from home in comfort instead.

honestly, jeopardy! will probably die soon after trebek. i dont think the majority of viewers (olds) will handle well to a new person telling them the answers. a shame, I love jeopardy!, but, that's just what i honestly think is going to happen.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
they should give it to a failed female comic like they did with drew carey and price is right. Like Tina Fey or someone.

Cerebral Mayhem
Jul 18, 2000

Very useful on the planet Delphon, where they communicate with their eyebrows
They should give it to Watson.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Penn JIllette as host.
When they have answers/catagories where it's "Now here's so and so with the clue", it can be Teller pointing at something over his shoulder with his thumb and making a 'wtf is that thing' expression.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

I vote for Channing Tatum

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Damo posted:

ken jennings has fielded the "host jeopardy!?" question a shitload of times in years past and has shown absolutely no interest in it. somewhat with respectful deference to trebek still being the host, but also with seemingly genuine disinterest.

you never know, but i doubt he would do it. he has a pretty decent career as an author/podcaster/twittererer/quiz writer and assorted poo poo that does not require him to relocate his entire family to los angeles when he can just work from home in comfort instead.

Good news kids, I was offered tens of millions of dollars, that you would eventually inherit, to do the easiest job in the world and for us to move to Hollywood and live in a mansion next door to The Rock and Beyonce, but I turned it down because we're all just so comfortable in this 1 bathroom house in Tacoma!

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
What is prostate cancer?

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

Schweinhund posted:

Good news kids, I was offered tens of millions of dollars, that you would eventually inherit, to do the easiest job in the world and for us to move to Hollywood and live in a mansion next door to The Rock and Beyonce, but I turned it down because we're all just so comfortable in this 1 bathroom house in Tacoma!

yeah sure cause they are gonna pay trebek "i am the face of this show and have hosted it for 35 years" money right off the bat to ken fuckin jennings

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Cerebral Mayhem posted:

They should give it to Watson.

This would be incredible

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Damo posted:

yeah sure cause they are gonna pay trebek "i am the face of this show and have hosted it for 35 years" money right off the bat to ken fuckin jennings

Yeah he might only make $20,000 per episode instead of $45,000 or whatever Trebek makes!

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I don't think they'd hire Jennings or anyone else instantly recognizable. Trebek's whole thing was never being the "star" of the show. Expect some anonymous newsreader with some other TV experience like Trebek was when he got the job.

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.
Art Fleming, the host of the first run of Jeopardy (1964-75), also died of pancreatic cancer, but that was like in the late 90s.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Something in the podiums.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

DamnCanadian posted:

Art Fleming, the host of the first run of Jeopardy (1964-75), also died of pancreatic cancer, but that was like in the late 90s.

Trebek making it a true daily double

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

zakharov posted:

I don't think they'd hire Jennings or anyone else instantly recognizable. Trebek's whole thing was never being the "star" of the show. Expect some anonymous newsreader with some other TV experience like Trebek was when he got the job.

Trebek was asked about potential replacements last summer and he indicated that his choice would be some sportscaster in LA. Alex Fraust, I think?

Probably just wanted to keep the Alex branding though

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
this is the first RIP thread where I actually know the person. holy poo poo.

I used to binge-watch Jeopardy while on the bus to california/nevada for debate tournaments.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Now we move on to Final Jeopardy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

unpleasantly turgid posted:

this is the first RIP thread where I actually know the person. holy poo poo.

I used to binge-watch Jeopardy while on the bus to california/nevada for debate tournaments.

Did you do that thing where you gasp for air line an idiot to save speaking time?