Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

...The Departed has aged poorly enough to be considered just decent. What gives, Martin? Is Leo just that much fun to be around or what?

wtf The Departed is real good

Marky Mark did nothing wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

The Protagonist posted:

wtf The Departed is real good

Not really.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

yeah i loved the departed too, i dont think it aged poorly at all

i think leo is great and works well as a main but his personality is very different than de niro he has been cast as characters that are more charming and convincing than they are bossy and cunning

if that makes any sense

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

I'd like to know what Scorsese's attraction is to Leonardo DiCaprio as a leading man. He obviously has a history of forming partnerships with actors and that worked out phenomenally with Robert De Niro, but his work with DiCaprio lead to mostly forgettable work like Gangs of New York, The Aviator, and Shutter Island. The Wolf of Wall Street is the only really great product from that pairing, and The Departed has aged poorly enough to be considered just decent. What gives, Martin? Is Leo just that much fun to be around or what?

The funny thing is he apparently couldn't get Leo to do Boardwalk Empire so he cast a Leo lookalike.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Salty Josh posted:

I really wanted to see the Great Gatsby.

I heard it was really depressing though. Also, the Revenant because lol at getting raped by a bear.

great gatsby was pretty good except for the fact that most people who watch seem to call everyone "old sport" for a while which retroactively makes the movie very annoying.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Eat poo poo and die, old sport!

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

I'd like to know what Scorsese's attraction is to Leonardo DiCaprio as a leading man. He obviously has a history of forming partnerships with actors and that worked out phenomenally with Robert De Niro, but his work with DiCaprio lead to mostly forgettable work like Gangs of New York, The Aviator, and Shutter Island. The Wolf of Wall Street is the only really great product from that pairing, and The Departed has aged poorly enough to be considered just decent. What gives, Martin? Is Leo just that much fun to be around or what?

Leo is pretty good when acting in Scorcese films. Agreed that he doesn't match Scorcese era De Niro though. Maybe Scorsese has some sort of superstition or disabling compulsion to only employ leading men with last names that begin with a "De" sounding prefix. It's the name of the future. The name of the future. The name of the future. The name of the future.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Gaunab posted:

Not really.

ya rly

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I liked Leo the most in "What's Eating Gilbert Grape".

Also, does anyone remember the 90's teen flick "Romeo and Juliet"?

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
Scorsese owns. Leo owns. So many dorks itt.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
according to letterboxd there are about 420,000 films I haven't seen, and The Aviator is one of them

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
my favorite part in 'the aviator' was when ol' leo says 'well folks here we go - up into the sky itself, on this fantastical flying machine!'

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
My favorite was when he queried on the about the amount of snakes in the aeroplane machine.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

gey muckle mowser posted:

according to letterboxd there are about 420,000 films I haven't seen, and The Aviator is one of them

other movies I haven't seen:

Smokey and the Bandit
Transformers: The Last Knight
Frozen

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

WatermelonGun posted:

i have seen both of those films and several other Hughes’ productions.

DePalma is a loving hack his movies range from “fine” to “appalling”

Phantom of the Paradise is a great film, though. Probably his best.

Smokey and the Bandit
Frozen

At least watch Smokey because it’s awesome.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Given what we now know about Howard Hughes, some aspects of his plane designs have probably taken pissjar storage into account.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

King of Bees posted:

My favorite was when he queried on the about the amount of snakes in the aeroplane machine.

then it cuts to the snake acting as the belt in the turbine and it turns to the camera and says '''it'ssss a living"

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Smokey and the Bandit
Frozen

Smokey and The Bandit is good and young Sally Field is absolutely gorgeous.

Egbert Souse posted:

Phantom of the Paradise is a great film, though. Probably his best.

I’ll check it out, but I’m not expecting much. I watched his last movie for some reason and wrote the dude off entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Rad-daddio posted:

Given what we now know about Howard Hughes, some aspects of his plane designs have probably taken pissjar storage into account.

Now it makes sense, that's why the Hercules was so big.