Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
America doesn't really have a grasp on what is going on in the world which is why they think they are the best at everything. It's like China believing they're the greatest country ever

Hell even your roidfueled meatmonster sport of American Football is way less entertaining and cool than classic rugby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

its always weird to me when euros get really upset at americans liking the premier league or whatever, you never see americans get upset at dudes wearing Yankees hats

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

americans: "wait you guys play baseball too :swoon: awesome"
euros: "listen retards only whites can play soccer so gently caress off back to argentinastan or wherever"

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Zzulu posted:

America doesn't really have a grasp on what is going on in the world which is why they think they are the best at everything. It's like China believing they're the greatest country ever

Hell even your roidfueled meatmonster sport of American Football is way less entertaining and cool than classic rugby

Modern rugby is a roidfueled meatmonster sport as well. It's just grinding yards and kicking these days. Average weight is up like 20kg on ten/twenty years ago when the game was fun and exciting.

At least American football has some big hits to liven it up.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
American Football has nothing. I tried watching it and it was just insanely boring. Long stretches of nothing followed by some guy running 5 meters followed by nothing

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Honestly most American Athletes probably couldn't even compete in Soccer. drat near every American sport is filled with breaks and stoppages and time where players can sit on the bench and relax. Soccer, they gotta be on the field for 45 minutes and only a couple players can even get substituted during the game.

I guess some basketball players could probably deal with it, but even then they spend most of their games on the sidelines.

I do believe that American fans could totally get to the violence level that some soccer fans internationally are able to achieve though. So there is hope.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
AJ Foyt, noted fat man and race car driver, went to Le Mans once, and won the race. He said it wasn't too bad, for a country road. He never went back.

America rules get hosed rest of the world

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

VikingSkull posted:

AJ Foyt, noted fat man and race car driver, went to Le Mans once, and won the race. He said it wasn't too bad, for a country road. He never went back.

America rules get hosed rest of the world

Jeff Gordon was half a second off Montoya's pace his first time in an F1 car

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

WatermelonGun posted:

i think golf is really the only sport that truly sucks on a conceptual level, most others have something going for them

people like to dump on things like synchronized swimming and ballroom dancing in the olympics but I genuinely believe golf being reintroduced is a sign of the forthcoming apocalypse

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I like the American high school/college sports system as you lot put a lot of time and money into improving performances and at least pretend to care about the kids, which beats the Euro sweatshop system of drafting in thousands of kids to battle it out for professional contracts from the time they're 8.

Even the biggest, most-storied academies let the kids figure basic things like nutrition themselves (the coaches being mostly ex-pros from the 70s and 80s to thick too work with adults). They live out of vending machines, and most are drunk and drugged up by 16. It's a bizarre survival of the fittest ritual.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Ah yes the "euro system" in the country of Europe

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

Europe only counts as a country if you're talking about gold medals

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Zzulu posted:

There's very little difference between the academy systems of English, Spanish, French and Italian clubs (which are the ones I'm familiar with from my side job).

We're still Europe for a little while yet.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Nerses IV posted:

Jeff Gordon was half a second off Montoya's pace his first time in an F1 car

it would be awesome if Ford and Boeing just said gently caress it and made an F1 team

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
I would absolutely watch F1 if they raced at Talladega

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Peanut President posted:

its always weird to me when euros get really upset at americans liking the premier league or whatever, you never see americans get upset at dudes wearing Yankees hats

americans: "wait you guys play baseball too :swoon: awesome"
euros: "listen retards only whites can play soccer so gently caress off back to argentinastan or wherever"

have you actually encountered this?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Wizard Master

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The only good car motor sport is rally

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
People mock the poo poo out of American premier league plastics, including on these very forums. They’re extremely mockable tbf. Look at the weekend web thread in TRP.

I mean basically it all stems from how the club game in England has utterly sold out over the last thirty years and gone from being a local community driven thing for piss drunk poor as gently caress Englishmen to publicly kill each other over on a weekend, to being worldwide megabucks marketing juggernaut for .00001% gazillionaires from wherever to sell shirts to the Americans/third worlders and prawn sandwiches to the handful of unfeeling bouge who can still afford tickets. You can’t mock the gazillionaires because they don’t give a gently caress what you think, but you can sure mock the Americans/third worlders.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
is this guy trying to do an english accent?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv4SpjMinlQ

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
goddamn i love kicking!!!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

VikingSkull posted:

it would be awesome if Ford and Boeing just said gently caress it and made an F1 team

I too like to see car crashes.

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Honestly most American Athletes probably couldn't even compete in Soccer. drat near every American sport is filled with breaks and stoppages and time where players can sit on the bench and relax. Soccer, they gotta be on the field for 45 minutes and only a couple players can even get substituted during the game.

I guess some basketball players could probably deal with it, but even then they spend most of their games on the sidelines.

This right here is the main reason why soccer is so dumb and bad, they are all lightly jogging around to conserve their energy. Why would you not want the athletes to sub in and out so that everyone on the field/pitch/ice is going 100% all the time? How is it supposed to be a positive thing about your sport that you can play a whole game without even needing to rest?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Magnitogorsk. posted:

This right here is the main reason why soccer is so dumb and bad, they are all lightly jogging around to conserve their energy. Why would you not want the athletes to sub in and out so that everyone on the field/pitch/ice is going 100% all the time? How is it supposed to be a positive thing about your sport that you can play a whole game without even needing to rest?

Let's make the goal 3x the size and the pitches smaller as well to make things easier for the poor players. Wouldn't want something like athleticism to play a part in sport now, would we.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

sassassin posted:

Let's make the goal 3x the size and the pitches smaller as well to make things easier for the poor players. Wouldn't want something like athleticism to play a part in sport now, would we.

That's futsal.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
let's make it much much smaller and have all the players run through with metal poles so fans on the sides of the stadium can move and twirl them around to block and kick the ball

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Oscar Wild posted:

That's futsal.

drat that actually looks awesome.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Oscar Wild posted:

That's futsal.

Futsal is a training game for children and old, fat, retired professionals.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

poo poo sorry I’m late guys. Is there still time for me to defend my favorite sport full of millionaires and poo poo on another sport full of millionaires? I would’ve been here sooner but I was busy defending/attacking (you pick) other corporate interests that only see me as potential revenue

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

sassassin posted:

Futsal is a training game for children and old, fat, retired professionals.

Yeah, isn't that what you said in your post I quoted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
oy m8 up for eh match of the 'ol footy eh?