Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I cried when everyone thought Riker was going to die at the end of season 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I cried when they replaced Beverly Crusher with lovely rear end Katherine Pulaski. I wonder if she’s on twitter I should tweet at her too.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Okay Dr Crusher wasn't poo poo but she was better than Polaski that's true.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Applewhite posted:

The one where Luxwana is messed up because her other daughter drowned as a toddler gets both me and my wife bawling.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Ultra Carp
Is Pulaski objectively awful or is she just hated because like the first 5 times we see her she picks a fight with data? Like, no contest she's worse by far than Crusher. But if you skip the first 3 episodes of season 2, she doesn't seem like a bad character. Plus she sort of has a character arc w/r/t data, she warms up to him after she catches the aging disease and he gets quarantined with her on the planet of weirdo genetic engineers. The episode where it turned out she used to be in a relationship with Riker's dad was a head-scratcher, because I thought she was gay the whole time up until then.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Evil Agita posted:

I cry during the space Irish episode and the one where Beverly's dynastic Scottish ghost lover fucks her brains out. Hey can we talk about why people act like she's hot? She ain't poo poo

still thinking about this stupid rear end in a top hat

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Vim Fuego posted:

Is Pulaski objectively awful or is she just hated because like the first 5 times we see her she picks a fight with data? Like, no contest she's worse by far than Crusher. But if you skip the first 3 episodes of season 2, she doesn't seem like a bad character. Plus she sort of has a character arc w/r/t data, she warms up to him after she catches the aging disease and he gets quarantined with her on the planet of weirdo genetic engineers. The episode where it turned out she used to be in a relationship with Riker's dad was a head-scratcher, because I thought she was gay the whole time up until then.

I'll admit to not liking her the first time around. During recent rewatches, I just pretend she's a female version of McCoy (attitude wise, anyway), and it works much better.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

If I was Data I woulda murdered that old skank

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Shaddak posted:

I'll admit to not liking her the first time around. During recent rewatches, I just pretend she's a female version of McCoy (attitude wise, anyway), and it works much better.

That's what the writers were going for, supposedly. The writers wanted to establish an semi-antagonistic relationship between her and data like Spock and McCoy had in TOS. So they had her be a complete jerk to Data. Since this was season two, both the writing and the execution of this were awful and it fell apart. You can tell they realized it wasn't working and pulled back.

I absolutely hated the character as a kid. When I re watched the series a few years back, with that bit of knowledge, I ignored the anti-data stuff and it turns out the character was much more tolerable.

Teik
Mar 2, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Piggy Smalls posted:

The one with the Picard flute was the best episode of the whole series along with the how many lights episode

Yesterday’s Enterprise tho

Teik
Mar 2, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
Also the Lwaxana episode where she falls in love with the alien guy whose race commits suicide at 60 is really good and not lovely considering it’s a Lwaxana episode

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Teik posted:

Also the Lwaxana episode where she falls in love with the alien guy whose race commits suicide at 60 is really good and not lovely considering it’s a Lwaxana episode

ds9 lwaxana is pretty good actually. also in this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Teik posted:

I love all the Luxwana episodes and they are always on my list for rewatches. :colbert:

Except Dark Page because it's too sad.