Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
They're definitely the ones blowing things up in venezuela

https://twitter.com/Megankstack/status/1105823536424280064

quote:

At least two of the 10 assailants who broke into the embassy and interrogated diplomatic staff have been identified and have connections to the US intelligence agency. The CIA has denied any involvement but government sources say their response was “unconvincing.”

If it is proven that the CIA was behind the attack, it could lead to a diplomatic spat between Madrid and Washington. Government sources say that it would be “unacceptable” for an ally to take such action. Not only would it mean that the US agency had operated on Spanish soil without asking for authorization or informing the authorities, it would also be a violation of the international conventions that protect diplomatic delegations.

What’s more, unlike other intelligence activities – such as cyberattacks, which are characterized by their discretion, the attack on the North Korean embassy was especially violent. On February 22 at 3pm, 10 masked men carrying alleged imitation weapons broke into the embassy, located north of the capital in the residential area of Aravaca. They tied up the eight people inside and put bags on their heads. The victims were beaten and interrogated. A woman managed to escape from a window on the second floor and her screams for help were heard by a neighbor, who contacted the police.

Officers arrived at the scene but when they tried to enter the embassy a man opened the door to them and told them that there was nothing going on. Minutes later, two luxury vehicles sped out of the embassy. The cars used for the getaway belonged to the diplomatic mission and were later abandoned in a nearby street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
*ahem*

"lmao"

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.ab6f2e69b549

The washington post says the cia would not have been involved in a raid of a North Korean embassy ahead of the nuclear summit. Also they note incidentally that the US has worked with the shadowy group responsible for this before, and the embassy in Spain is where the guy running point in the negotiations for the Koreans was stationed before and that the treasure trove of information collected could be worth a lot to intelligence agencies 🤔

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Fast Luck posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.ab6f2e69b549

The washington post says the cia would not have been involved in a raid of a North Korean embassy ahead of the nuclear summit. Also they note incidentally that the US has worked with the shadowy group responsible for this before, and the embassy in Spain is where the guy running point in the negotiations for the Koreans was stationed before and that the treasure trove of information collected could be worth a lot to intelligence agencies 🤔

oh well if the washington post says it

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Collecting dirt on the negotiator a few days before the negotiations? It just doesn't check out. Even though the Spanish police are straight up saying there are CIA links here, the premise is so illogical as to preclude the US from involvement altogether.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Fast Luck posted:

Collecting dirt on the negotiator a few days before the negotiations? It just doesn't check out. Even though the Spanish police are straight up saying there are CIA links here, the premise is so illogical as to preclude the US from involvement altogether.

oh yeah big brained geniuses runnin america these days for sure

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Why would you bother collecting Intel when Trump won't read any of it and will talk endlessly to KJU about how Not Mad he is about Cohen

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 14 days!)

byob historian posted:

oh yeah big brained geniuses runnin america these days for sure

iran contra happened under Reagan who was suffering from Alzheimers during his entire reign

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

Why would you bother collecting Intel when Trump won't read any of it and will talk endlessly to KJU about how Not Mad he is about Cohen

preparing for the increasingly slim probability that we'll have another president, one day

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
spain woulda done something by now if they were going to

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
the Russians have been pulling birdbrained poo poo like that these last few years, my personal favorite was the time FSB phoned in some security guards to beat the poo poo out of a CIA dude before he could enter an embassy. When nothing matters it works alright. :shrug:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
you really need to impress on the #resistance folks that the CIA are not james bond heroes but low-life rent-a-thugs, alcoholics, and boring civil servants playing "cowboys and indians"

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
maybe i'm especially grouchy because i was over at mom's and she had me watch some bill maher, who she likes, and his procession of spook guests and also 99-percent-certain spooks like that former ambassador to russia who is a darling of twitter weirdos

and maher at one point said "well two years ago you guys were the devil and now you're here to save america? what happened hruhhh?" played totally straight. so cynical and bad.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://twitter.com/jeff_kaye/status/1121128463253917696 :thunk:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Rly weird how us propaganda isn't talking about an embarassing and poorly thought kuy break in orchestrated by it's most disliked 3 letter agency

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1121142380412002304

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

how is the cia this bad at breaking and entering? esp when it could lead to international conflict if they're discovered

not making me feel very safe rn, what do we even pay them for?

abolish cia

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
this has the same level of competency as everything else they try

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

i want a feel-good comedy about all the zany ways they tried to kill or incapacitate fidel castro and failed

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's good that the CIA is brave enough to start alienating our allies again. Lets see if we can get NATO to collapse

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Larry Parrish posted:

It's good that the CIA is brave enough to start alienating our allies again. Lets see if we can get NATO to collapse

"but then putin wins!"

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Feranon posted:

i want a feel-good comedy about all the zany ways they tried to kill or incapacitate fidel castro and failed

My favorite was the honeypot assassin who fell for Fidel and went rogue.

Hopefully he's getting the same treatment Bill Buckley(No the other one) got when he got captured.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

yeah they wanted me to do this and i said no 1) not enough money 2) gently caress the cia 3) too many powerful experts in madrid

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

you really need to impress on the #resistance folks that the CIA are not james bond heroes but low-life rent-a-thugs, alcoholics, and boring civil servants playing "cowboys and indians"

The best sell Ive found on this concept is a wonderful little film called Confessions of a Dangerous Mind.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0270288/

Feranon posted:

good news this is an episode of king of the hill

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0620339/

The Saucer Hovers has issued a correction as of 21:02 on Apr 26, 2019

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Feranon posted:

how is the cia this bad at breaking and entering? esp when it could lead to international conflict if they're discovered

not making me feel very safe rn, what do we even pay them for?

abolish cia

Cold war's been over for almost three decades. All of the agents trained for this poo poo are likely retired or too old for fieldwork.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
I'm too old for this TradeCraft.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Xelkelvos posted:

Cold war's been over for almost three decades. All of the agents trained for this poo poo are likely retired or too old for fieldwork.

and they werent good at it anyway

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chokes McGee posted:

oh well if the washington post says it

Yeah the wapo who is owned by Bezos who has a billion dollar deal with the CIA would never lie.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Feranon posted:

isn't this called the men who stare at goats

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

and they werent good at it anyway

Spy Vs Spy is probably the most accurate depiction of coldwar spycraft available. A little bowdlerized tho.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/09/721827706/u-s-takes-control-of-north-korean-sanctions-busting-ship

quote:

"Today's civil action is the first-ever seizure of a North Korean cargo vessel for violating international sanctions," Geoffrey Berman, the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, said in a statement. "We are willing and able to deploy the full array of law enforcement tools to detect, deter, and prosecute North Korea's deceptive attempts to evade sanctions."

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i want to issue my congratulations to the DPRK's recent missile tests

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

should've armed that cargo ship with the missiles

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
https://youtu.be/J6VjPM5CeWs

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

I thought the NK embassies were just money laundering fronts, rather than any actual high level intelligence stations

i.e. CIA didnt think this through properly

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the cia are always up for some hot tips on how they could launder more money

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Jel Shaker posted:

I thought the NK embassies were just money laundering fronts, rather than any actual high level intelligence stations

i.e. CIA didnt think this through properly

We Didn’t Think This Through Properly: A History of the CIA

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
great news!

https://twitter.com/business/status/1127126469828841472

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Inshallah

Adbot