Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

surivdaoreht
Jan 22, 2009

2008 cobalt 2.2 ecotec 342k km

So I'm losing coolant, but I have no signs of any leakage.

The car has never been overheated, no milkshake, no white smoke, no fouled plugs or misfires

Secondly,

I have a mechanical oil pressure gauge in the car that has been acting very strange throughout this coolant issue..

Leading up to this point I would normally start the car and have 60-70 psi oil pressure cold, 20ish hot. And the gauge is plumbed into the head that has a restrictor (so we're not talking crank oil psi). Now when I start the car I get anywhere from 20-40 with a strange metallic noise coming from I believe to be the crank snout driven oil pump. Within a minute or so this symptom simply disappears and the gauge either goes back to complete normalcy (60-70 psi down to 20 psi hot) or the pressure goes completely bananas where it's doing a full sweep from 30 - 100+ (normally when it's hot I'm getting 20-40 sweep.

does anyone have experience with a car that has a blown head gasket and the oil pressure acting very strange at the same time? I'm having a really hard time trying to nail down what is actually going on. I'd love to be able to figure it out so I can either say gently caress it, or plan some way of fixing it relatively cheap.

helppp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3699520