Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Hello goons

I'm disabled, work part time in retail because that's all I can find, and am living paycheck to paycheck in a way that's terrifyingly borderline when it comes to becoming homeless again. As of right now, my credit score is 511, I have debts out the wazoo and I sell plasma every month to make rent, my car insurance and my internet bill, which I need for work. I don't know what to do to get the gently caress out of this situation- I'm on food stamps, I've applied for disability as my poo poo rear end body is disintegrating, and I've cut everything I can to try to save even a little bit of money.

How do I get myself out of this situation? Do I apply for bankruptcy? Do I sell a kidney? How the gently caress do I get out of this mess?

Current finances:

Income: ~$900/month (Includes plasma. Without plasma it's closer to $750)
Rent: $615/month
Insurance: $77/month
Internet: $57/month
Gas: ~$80/month
Medicine: $70/month

Luckily, I get food stamps and so don't have to worry about that. Please, help me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
Bankruptcy may be an option. What debts do you have? Interest rates?

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Also in the long run, you have an income problem, not an expense problem. What skills do you have? Does your disability preclude you from working most jobs? When you say you're disintegrating, is this a terminal disease or something that you will be living with for decades/forever? Just trying to figure out what kind of solutions are even possible here.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

moana posted:

Bankruptcy may be an option. What debts do you have? Interest rates?

Most of my debts are bills that I don't have the ability to pay. Right now the bulk of them are expenses I incurred while I was making a necessary move to where I am now, and I have no way of paying them. My disability is precluding me from working most jobs- I have several chronic illnesses that I'll be living with for the rest of my life, to the point where I have trouble getting out of bed most days. I'm working a physical retail job at the moment as a means of survival but as a result my health is declining further and it's likely that I won't be able to work at all very soon.

I have skills, but have been having trouble finding a job outside of retail. I mostly have experience in administrative assistant jobs, data entry, that sort of thing. I'm still looking for new jobs, but I haven't had much luck.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Remote work is certainly possible with those skills. Post up a resume, let us look at it. If it were me, I'd probably try to learn about digital marketing since it's in my wheelhouse and the job market seems pretty good. What would you ideally specialize in?

Forget paying bills, looks like you're heading toward bankruptcy and that's not a bad thing necessarily. Look up how bankruptcy works in your state.

Do you have family you can lean on? I'm guessing no?

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Have you tried any temp agencies?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Have you exhausted all social safetynets? 12000 a year is well below poverty level, does your area have housing and utilities assistance for those below poverty? You mentioned food stamps but what else is available? Does your doctor think you should be considered 'disabled' for the purposes of getting a on social security disability?.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 15:42 on May 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
Where do you live? If US, which state?