Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

A Sometimes Food posted:

Sorry about blanking out. I'm gonna take a break from playing for a bit.

It happens to the best of us, no hard feelings. I hope we see you again in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
gg

Hey somber what is that creepy endgame gif from?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Jon Joe posted:

gg

Hey somber what is that creepy endgame gif from?

I am not at all sure! I just found it searching 'ghost gif.'

I want to give one last plug for George Kansas' game, come play with me! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3886385&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
loving. Hell.

I was good this game all things considered.

GG scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Great game Somber, excellent flavor as always

Good job merk and I guess the other scums

Everyone join Merks movie night WIFOA!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ha, that one has been taking sign ups for six months.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

Ha, that one has been taking sign ups for six months.

Link?

Hal Incandenza posted:

:3: Thank you Hal.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

loving. Hell.

I was good this game all things considered.

GG scum.

You got the one flipped scum this game, good show! If you had just got one with the watch or stopped the kill it would have been a different game for sure

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Grumble grumble *generic tantrum*

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
thanks for running somb! flavor-effort games are always fun to read/play :)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yes, thank you for the game Somber

I'm not usually one for flavour-text, but I appreciated the extra effort you put in for my night action resolutions

quote:

As George Kansas opens the door to the room he has claimed, as though he owned the place, you're waiting for him with a smile. He starts, but you put a finger to your lips and motion for him to close the door. As he does and turns to face you, you step forward and puncture his throat with your index finger. The flesh gives way like butter, and you keep going, drool flooding down the front of you as you imagine how good he'll taste later. George jerks and attempts to run, but you catch him by the scruff of the neck and squeeze, once. He stops. You easily twist him horizontally and wring the rest of the blood out, then toss him to the side as you lap up the pool off the floor.

The armoire in the room has a back panel only you know about. You press the exsanguinated form of George Kansas flat and shove him back there for later. You'll eat well tonight.

You successfully kill George Kansas night one!

quote:

You smell Dennis down in the basement, alone. He smells incredible, almost like his flesh is more alive somehow. You silently glide down the creaking stairs, his back is turned to you as he rifles through Sarah’s pockets. With one unhurried motion, you chop your hand down into his neck.

Blood erupts in a torrent and your hand sizzles and crackles. You let out an otherworldly shriek of pain that sounds like a dozen tea kettles boiling away in unison. Dennis slumps sideways, still bleeding. He crawls away a few feet, disoriented, and collapses. You circle around him on all fours like a cat. You lean in close to the body and sniff, then hiss and shrink away as the smell burns your nostrils. Your treasures! He has your treasures! Stinking thief, how did he find them? You long for them, but you cannot touch them while your life-force is this weak. You need more blood before you can claim what is yours.

You successfully kill Amoeba night two!

THE RING and THE BROOCH are forever lost to you! You have lost the following powers:

The Ring - Immunity to Poison Kills
The Brooch - Anonymous vote for each dead Mafia

quote:

You float behind her, just out of view. You smell something very curious on her, like her soul has as much in common with you as it does the rest of the animals here. You’ve been jealously watching the house feed it as the night passed, and now it is your time to take what she has stolen.

She shuts the bathroom door behind her, but all rooms in this place belong to you. You glide through it neatly, still keeping yourself hidden from view. Standing behind her, you watch as she considers herself in the mirror. Her eyes are different now, angrier. You watch them flash with recognition and you know that somehow she has seen you. You scream in anger and grab her by the back of the neck, throwing her across the room into the shower. She struggles up, but you begin poking holes in her torso as she tries to swipe at you. Your essence flickers, but she cannot touch you. When at last she falls back, defeated, you quickly envelop her head with your mouth and bite down. You can feel her soul howl. You swallow and give a loud burp. Very curious indeed, just who was this person?

You successfully murder Solus night three!

(Get help)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Those are great flavor pieces. This was a fun game to follow along with!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Infinitum posted:

Yes, thank you for the game Somber

I'm not usually one for flavour-text, but I appreciated the extra effort you put in for my night action resolutions

(Get help)

IllegallySober posted:

Those are great flavor pieces. This was a fun game to follow along with!

:love:

I totally forgot about 90% of this during the game because there was a lot happening and ya'll kept me on my toes the entire time, but to talk about Inf's role design a little bit, it's kind of a smorgasbord of several ideas.

Originally, Inf was just a ghost. Then I stumbled over some Scandinavian folklore, and I wanted to incorporate that into my writing. Nøkken are your typical creepy lake monster, but there's some amazing artwork of them. Plus, this game takes place at a lake! Originally I came up with the name 'Oswald Pond,' but then in trying to build a website for this game(lol) i found there was already a creepy lake hotel that existed irl, so I just used that so I could get some cool pictures for flavor. In the end I decided that Inf was actually a woman who sold her family to a Nøkken during a famine in exchange for immortality, and in doing so became a kind of half-monster half-ghost thing. Seriously, look at this thing though.

I love writing night action flavor but I've gotten into trouble before when people read into it or I inadvertently leave clues, so now I pretty much just do it for deaths.

god there was something else i wanted to talk about but i can't remember now.

Okay I'll shut up, game over, everyone out!

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 11, 2019

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So a Bunyip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtrYO-Mog60

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Well that's going in Cloaks II.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination