Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The invasion/annexation of this country brought Britain and France into WW2
China
Poland
Austria
Czechoslovakia
View Results

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

:siren: MULTI THEFT AUTO :siren:
im going to regret making this turd of a thread but at least one of you play something like this right?

For the uninitiated, a multiplayer mod for GTA San Andreas: https://www.multitheftauto.com RPS even wrote an article about it a few years ago: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/09/15/why-a-million-people-still-play-multiplayer-grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-every-month/

Gallery or something:

I loaded this up. It looks cool, but all I can find are Russian and Brazilian servers? The competitor mod, SA MP, has more of the same. This all reminds me of when I played modded source games on CS:S and way back when I was farting around with Garrys Mod. If anyone has pointers to some US servers or something in a similar vein of player made garbage, im all ears.

poll answer: poland

poll long answer: Poland was the straw that broke the back. Germany's aggression started with the annexation of Austria. Next, Czechoslovakia got partitioned once Hitler saw France and Great Britain were intent on avoiding war and any cost. At long last, the armed invasion of Poland prompted the Allies to declare war. China was the first participant in WW2 when it was invaded by Japan, although it didn't prompt European powers to join in their defense.

buglord fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Mar 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

wow some of those game modes must be intense if the third screenshots any indication

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
i should re-read my OPs before posting. Idk if I should remove it at this point though.

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014

buglord posted:

i should re-read my OPs before posting. Idk if I should remove it at this point though.

never remove it, I laughed pretty hard

e: oh you were ethiopia, answers a lot of questions

incoherent light fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Mar 20, 2019

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
About 10 years ago I used to run the mafia on the goon-run SA:MP roleplay server called SZR. Good times.

Even back then the SA:MP and MTA mods were popular among third world countries due to the minimal specs needed to run the game so it doesn't surprise me that that's still the case.

Don't think I'd bother ever installing it again when GTAO is around (even if it means putting up with the clunk of the modern GTA engine). Good to see those mods are still around though.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Man. Shame I missed out on that then. I put dozens of hours in GTAO and while its fun (I did all the heists in one sitting with goons), I miss the flexibility of rules on each server and even the cops and robbers role-play component. GTAO is a mechanically better game but the modded trash heaps always seem to be more memorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

buglord posted:

Man. Shame I missed out on that then. I put dozens of hours in GTAO and while its fun (I did all the heists in one sitting with goons), I miss the flexibility of rules on each server and even the cops and robbers role-play component. GTAO is a mechanically better game but the modded trash heaps always seem to be more memorable.

Yeah it started as a goon rush back in 2005 or 2006 of an SA:MP roleplay server called WTFman, where we made a hugely disruptive gang called the Grenades. Then when we inevitably got banned we started our own server which ended up being bigger and better.

But a few years later goon interest (myself included) dwindled so it ended up in pubbie hands and died soon after. All that's left is some old youtube videos. :rip: