Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

What are some activities that you find oddly enjoyable, relaxing, or fulfilling?

When I'm feeling stressed, I sometimes carve out a bit of time to clean and oil my cutting boards. It's satisfying to rub the mineral oil into the wood and watch it turn back to a rich, uniform color, and it makes me feel like a grownup who takes care of his tools. It got me thinking about other simple, perhaps unlikely pleasures that I might be missing out on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005
Jerking myself into a coma; organizing small electronic parts like capacitors, resistors, etc. and soldering/desoldering things. Meditation. Annoying my partner until she says "what's wrong with you?"

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

i fall asleep to the soothing sound of corey taylor of slipknot screaming in my ears

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly I've found the most relaxing thing to do after a long day at work is put on a David Sedaris audiobook or some Hardcore History and play Doom(2016) on Nightmare difficulty until my eyes bleed.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Dr. Video Games 0081 posted:

Jerking myself into a coma; organizing small electronic parts like capacitors, resistors, etc. and soldering/desoldering things.

Ah, so methamphetamine.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I like to poo poo post in alot of threads on these forums, except I'm not really poo poo posting, I'm just really unfunny and bad at posting :smith: Also, drinking coffee.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
ill smoke crack to unwind

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I like to poo poo post in alot of threads on these forums, except I'm not really poo poo posting, I'm just really unfunny and bad at posting :smith: Also, drinking coffee.

I don't see how anybody could relax by drinking coffee. It has caffeine in it.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Its called an addiction. I gets me the shakes if daddy doesnt get his medicine.

Sponge Baathist posted:

ill smoke crack to unwind

Too healthy for my blood

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Changing the lyrics of horrible songs to be about fart jokes or various sex acts from Urban Dictionary.

This is especially helpful during Christmas and when Rush songs play on the radio.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Hopefully at least you’re good at drinking coffee

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Reorganizing my cupboards/shelves/etc, and doing mental math. Or other mental exercises such as thinking up puns, anagrams, and the like.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
sometimes i go to abandoned buildings and rip the copper out of the walls

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Honestly, as much as it shouldn't really be relaxing, listening to heavy metal is a quick way to get me to wind down.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
listening to deathkey

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I call what I do 'shitposting' sometimes but the truth is that I am just a bad SA poster. My posts commonly kill threads where nobody wants to reply anymore and it dies or I'm completely ignored because it's not funny enough. All in all a pretty good existence.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I like to get drunk and watch rug cleaning videos on YouTube. It started with power-washing, but that only lasted until I watched a really dirty rug get soaked, soaped and scraped out.

The soapier and wetter, the better IMO. The rug scraping is the best part, but I find pure scraping videos to be boring, I like the soaking and soaping part to build a little tension before they scrape out the dirty water.

It sounds like I'm a serial killer, now that I typed it out.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
I have weighted blankets that I place on my legs whilst listening to folk rock.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I do colored sand mandalas and they are very zen and meditative. To enhance the experience I slide a glass stirring rod into my erect penis, and hit it with a hammer whenever I make an error.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
There's a particular kind of very difficult levels for Doom 2 called slaughtermaps where the player faces down hundreds of enemies at a time and uses monster manipulation skills to kill them all. I enjoy falling asleep to them. Here's a very good player playing through one of the very first slaughtermaps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCGeNNvG0Z4

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Car crash videos on youtube.

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006
Spooky videos of ghost & cryptid footage and junk is like a safe vent for anxiety. It's like pressing the 'empty trash' button.

Alternatively, my work tension can be flushed by a heavy dose of v a p o r w a v e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I put Hbomberguy or Shaun or Brain Slime videos on autoplay and listen to them tell me just how our society is rotting to nothing with jokes and pop culture references while I drink myself into a coma. I found that unsweetened fruit-flavored soda water is a great mixer for vodka and the cheap wine I buy, and it all goes together pretty smoothly.