Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Caros posted:

Okay, I missed this bit of goon lore, but I am legit curious. So... the gently caress?

There was a GBS superstar who used to have annual threads about him hunting wild boars in a state where they are an invasive pest. He used cameras mounted on drones to track them down and then popped them with high powered rifles if I recall correctly.

Edit: putting this on a new page:

Malachi Constant posted:

edit: I really really really don't understand why these fascists are like this. I'm sure I could learn the rules of why they act like that, but I just do not understand it.

As it so happens, I do have a conceptual framework that quite handily explains the bizarre behavior we are witnessing on display here. I don't link it in the thread very often and I don't advertise it very much on the forums anymore, but I'll risk dropping a link to my blog.

That'll provide a pretty thorough and well-thought-out / internally consistent description of the bizarre behaviors we see on display in the right-wing these days. (What I call the "Narrativist Framework") Pleasd approach it with an open mind and be prepared to kind of discard all your underlying assumptions about human behavior, those assumptions do not apply to these extremists, and you will never understand these extremists if you try to understand them from a position of reason or logic.

Tax: https://twitter.com/KeighleyCatCare/status/988888435611045889?s=19

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jun 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Caros posted:

Okay, I missed this bit of goon lore, but I am legit curious. So... the gently caress?

Prester Jane posted:

There was a GBS superstar who used to have annual threads about him hunting wild boars in a state where they ate an invite pest. He used cameras mounted on drones to track them down and then popped them with high powered rifles if I recall correctly.

i swear he also speared one at some point but maybe the mythology has evolved in what passes for my brain

but yeah, there are a SHITLOAD of feral hogs in some states and they're a SERIOUS agricultural problem (and cause a nonzero number of ded humans, between their aggression and the problems they present if struck by a car at speed)

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jun 26, 2019

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009
I personally voted for Caban. Praise me, betches

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

GreyjoyBastard posted:

i swear he also speared one at some point but maybe the mythology has evolved in what passes for my brain

There was one in which he hunted pigs through a rice paddy in Texas with nothing but a spear. He drowned one by pushing its head underwater with his boot and speared a couple. Now, feral boars will kill a man by goring them to death, so this was a legitimately insane thing to do. Yet he did it anyway.

The pigs in Texas are extreme nuisances. They destroy basically everything and breed out of control because they have no natural predators. Shooting them as they run from the back of a pickup truck with a shotgun or high powered rifle is one of the real joys of being in Texas.

Edit: FERAL, four legged pigs please.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jun 26, 2019

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/MaryAnnAhernNBC/status/1143712473897406464

https://twitter.com/MaryAnnAhernNBC/status/1143720628111007745

Majority of the replies are asking for the spitter's venmo/gofundme to pay for bail.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Prester Jane posted:

There was a GBS superstar who used to have annual threads about him hunting wild boars in a state where they are an invasive pest. He used cameras mounted on drones to track them down and then popped them with high powered rifles if I recall correctly.

He initially before the drones would go out there with nothing but a head lamp and a spear and stab the extremely dangerous feral hogs that were destroying his rice fields and emulate the sounds they made so he could sneak close enough to impale them and drown them. He killed so many in one outing that he spelled "oink" with their corpses before donating them to a butcher who turned them into like 800 pounds of sausage

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jun 26, 2019

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Anthony Bourdain would be proud.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I would also like to help this hero bail himself or herself out.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Ice Phisherman posted:

The pigs in Texas are extreme nuisances. They destroy basically everything and breed out of control because they have no natural predators. Shooting them as they run from the back of a pickup truck with a shotgun or high powered rifle is one of the real joys of being in Texas.

Could be misunderstood... :getin:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Trump should pardon him for toughing the boy up

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

screamin and creamin posted:

Could be misunderstood... :getin:

lol you bastard.

Feral pigs please. The animal kind with four hooves.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Skippy McPants posted:

Good thread, but I disagree with this tweet in particular,

https://twitter.com/drvox/status/1143621565025640448

Decency may not win out—I'd argue it's already lost once violence begins—but accepting the idea that reactionaries are fated to prevail in any violent conflict feels too much like buying into their delusions of machismo. They might have more guns, but don't need more, you only need enough. As for scruples, I think a lot of people severely underestimate how dirty leftists are willing to get if it comes down to it.

If you have supermajority, can't you just change the quorum rules?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i hope there's leak audio of him being the whinest high pitched beta bitching to his baby sitters who dragged their feet because they hate him.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Charlz Guybon posted:

If you have supermajority, can't you just change the quorum rules?

They don't have a super-majority, though, and if they did they'd have a quorum. The cut-off for a quorum is 40 members (out of the 60 member house) and Democrats have 38.

E: Nope, I'm wrong. "Super-majority" is defined as 36 (60%) for for the Oregon House, but seems like a pretty lovely definition if it doesn't get you a quorum.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jun 26, 2019

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Jay-V posted:

You did good, Jay-V!

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

Prester Jane posted:

As it so happens, I do have a conceptual framework that quite handily explains the bizarre behavior we are witnessing on display here. I don't link it in the thread very often and I don't advertise it very much on the forums anymore, [url=http://prestersperspective.blogspot.com/p/narrativist-framework-preface.html?m=1]but I'll risk dropping a link to my blog.

That'll provide a pretty thorough and well-thought-out / internally consistent description of the bizarre behaviors we see on display in the right-wing these days. (What I call the "Narratividt Framework") Pleasd approach it with an open mind and be prepared to kind of discard all your underlying assumptions about human behavior, those assumptions do not apply to these extremists, and you will never understand these extremists if you try to understand them from a position of reason or logic.

I've seen you post this and all the people telling you you're a crazy person or whatever. I have a teaching conference tomorrow, but I'll give it an honest read and think.

Jay-V posted:

:worship:

Malachi Constant fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jun 26, 2019

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Pages late, but it's sure nice to see the bodies of a desperate drowned father and daughter.

I'd trade the lives of every American Republican to bring them back. gently caress them and their disinterested ethnic-cleansing horseshit. loving scum.

This cancerous racist poo poo can only be solved with conservative throats under our heels. Jesus christ.

Hero.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

I like to imagine he wakes up in the middle of the night covered in sweat, gasping for air and screaming this.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

LeeMajors posted:

I'd trade the lives of every American Republican to bring them back.
I mean, I’d trade the lives of every Republican for literally nothing, your version is like when a kid is too young to understand bargaining and says they’ll let you buy them a toy if they can have ice cream for dinner.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

Razor Jacksuit posted:

This is seriously an important thing - for anyone who can - to do. We even have a thread for it in Ask/Tell: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3785900&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1
Of course fostering is a huge responsibility and a lot of work, and emotionally draining, and etc., but the system absolutely needs more loving homes.

Having said all that, I don't know how foster placement works for refugee children or whether there is any crossover with "standard" public and private foster care agencies.
This seems like it might be a good place to start:
https://www.acf.hhs.gov/orr/programs/urm/about

For anyone angry about all the recent news and looking for a tangible, very real way to make a significant difference in society - become a foster parent. If you have been flailing around these past few days (weeks, months...) wondering just what you can do to make the world a little better, there are so many things regular everyday people can do to help kids in foster care. There are kids rights activists who help kids who have to appear in court, Big Brother/Big Sister volunteers, foster families, respite families, adoptive placement families, whatever commitment level you are at in your life, there is a kid out there in need of help. Only have weekends? Maybe a random Saturday or something? Volunteer at a local group home to play games with the kids that live there. Take a group of kids to the movies.

There is a very real need for foster families. For people who care to actually step up and provide a support structure for kids in freefall. It's easy to contact a local foster care agency and get the ball rolling. There is such an urgent need for homes all over the country, people just don't want to foster anymore and there is simply nowhere to place kids already in the system. Don't want to deal with toddlers/babies? There are tons of teenage kids in the system just looking for a place to call home.

Sorry to hijack the thread. It seems a lot of people are reaching out for a way to actually make a difference. Exploring a place in the world of foster care might be a good place to start.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Captain Invictus posted:

He initially before the drones would go out there with nothing but a head lamp and a spear and stab the extremely dangerous feral hogs that were destroying his rice fields and emulate the sounds they made so he could sneak close enough to impale them and drown them. He killed so many in one outing that he spelled "oink" with their corpses before donating them to a butcher who turned them into like 800 pounds of sausage

I think the last thread he did was where it came out that he drowned one for fun because people rightly pointed out that hunting invasive hogs is perfectly fine and ecologically sound but you are kinda psychopath if you take as much joy as he did in it. I think he recorded it to.

And I think he actually did it for work rather than it being his own fields.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jun 26, 2019

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/25/us/duncan-hunter-affair-wife.html?action=click&module=Latest&pgtype=Homepage

In more "Duncan Hunter is loving awful" news, he was literally in bed with lobbyists

quote:

In the filing, prosecutors noted the “potentially sensitive evidence” being introduced, and said Mr. Hunter was offered a deal in which he would stipulate to the affairs in exchange for the details being excluded from public view, but he refused. Prosecutors said that detailing the affairs was necessary to establish the personal nature of the expenses, given that he also had professional relationships with the women.

“Without this evidence, the jury might be left to believe — wrongly — that Hunter’s ‘meetings’ with these women, and the associated expenditures, were work-related; after all, Hunter had professional connections to each of them,” prosecutors wrote. “The intimate nature of these relationships is, in short, direct proof an essential element of the crimes charged in the indictment, and as such it must be admitted to show Hunter’s knowing illegal expenditures of campaign funds.”

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Doesn't he make this tweet every week or so?

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Radicalized criminal agencies is exactly what they are.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Ice Phisherman posted:

lol you bastard.

Feral pigs please. The animal kind with four hooves.

Pigs don't have hooves btw

And yeah they're a huge problem in some areas when feral

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i'm gonna ignore the slight disappointment that that particular bar would let a Trump anywhere near the doors in the first place and say "good job, Aviary Employee". You're doing gods work, and i'll happily put a $20 towards his bail whenever something gets arranged.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

That man is a goddamned hero

And yeah you want to use high powered rifles for boar, they will literally shrug off small arms fire like a tank with tusks.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/25/business/wayfair-walkout-detention-camps-trnd/index.html

CNN posted:

Wayfair has not yet responded to CNN's request for comment.

FRONT PAGE OF CNN BOYS AND GIRLS.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wait did that originate here? I remember it being discussed I think before it blew up, but woe, that's a fast loving turnaround. What, 12 hours or do?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

And yeah you want to use high powered rifles for boar, they will literally shrug off small arms fire like a tank with tusks.

I thought the issue with boars was that if you mortally wound them then instead of running off to die they will decide that their sole remaining responsibility on this earth is to make sure they don't die alone.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Captain Invictus posted:

Wait did that originate here? I remember it being discussed I think before it blew up, but woe, that's a fast loving turnaround. What, 12 hours or do?

Forum poster FizFashizzle started the ball rolling with this tweet that took off and got the walkout publicity.

https://twitter.com/FizFashizzle/status/1143530739541139457

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

I bought some Wayfair poo poo for my new house a month ago and was planning to get a few more things. Instead, when their customer support line opens up I'm going to do my part tying up the line. The walkout is a great idea, gently caress their CEO he should burn.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

logger posted:

Forum poster FizFashizzle started the ball rolling with this tweet that took off and got the walkout publicity.

https://twitter.com/FizFashizzle/status/1143530739541139457
oh that was the origin point? I saw that, good show!

also, lol at the reply saying "wayfair went incredibly downhill after they went public"

yeah of course they did, every single company that goes public deteriorates that way in the name of sociopathic pure profit capitalism

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

Grapplejack posted:

Nah I've seen a feral hog taken out with a .45ACP from about 25yds out. It was a medium sized sow, but yea they aren't bulletproof or anything.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

We should, and can, do more of this. Give us stories of selfish pricks benefiting off the cruelty of this administration and we will signal boost it all the way to CNN and presidential candidates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
New thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3892697