Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
I saw them in Belgrade and Zagreb on this latest tour. They expanded the live show from 2 to 3 hours in the second half of the Euro tour. It seemed louder than the 2010-2017 version of Swans, which is saying something. Tremendous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

WaryWarren posted:

I saw them in Belgrade and Zagreb on this latest tour. They expanded the live show from 2 to 3 hours in the second half of the Euro tour. It seemed louder than the 2010-2017 version of Swans, which is saying something. Tremendous.

My thing is trying to see all the worlds loudest bands and I crossed Sunn and Earth off the list and Swans is my white whale. So jealous!

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i fuckin love that martial snare drum beat in Yum-Yab Killers, off Soundtracks for the Blind. i want to sample the gently caress out of it

Helluva
Feb 7, 2011

They did a leg of their 2014 tour in Istanbul and I, on accidental purpose took a tab before seeing the show. I never listen to albums before their tours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mWF1kmCo3U

Swans and I knew and expected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0W3b6jzE38

was blasting in my face on a full blown trip and he kept cool in all that intense singing. I can't tell poo poo from poo poo so I won't be saying anything about the music but the guy sure can act like hell.

Helluva fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Dec 14, 2023

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
When I was on vacation in Istanbul, I wandered into a bar off of İstiklal Caddesi near Taksim wearing a Swans shirt. The owner/bartender got excited and told me that the band came to his bar after their concert in Istanbul. He then played God drat The Sun over the speakers, and these Turkish metal dudes sitting at the bar started singing along. Incredible.

johncraig
Jul 26, 2023
yes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helluva
Feb 7, 2011

WaryWarren posted:

When I was on vacation in Istanbul, I wandered into a bar off of İstiklal Caddesi near Taksim wearing a Swans shirt. The owner/bartender got excited and told me that the band came to his bar after their concert in Istanbul. He then played God drat The Sun over the speakers, and these Turkish metal dudes sitting at the bar started singing along. Incredible.

We have a special connection with the bands that (rarely) visit the country.