Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I love Shaq but it wasn't a great episode.

The Hot Ones guy is Sean Evans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
A Shaq of many colors

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

I love Shaq but it wasn't a great episode.

The Hot Ones guy is Sean Evans.

Most episodes aren't. For every good one there's like 5 that I will never watch because I don't even know who they are.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Most episodes aren't. For every good one there's like 5 that I will never watch because I don't even know who they are.

Some episodes seem very heavily sponsored.

At the same time I like some of the youtube people I would never see otherwise.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

at least little caesar's beats out cici's, the only pizza that has ever made me sick. Just thinking about "taco pizza" triggers flashbacks of the horror that stuff launched out of my rear end.

I don't know if Cici's is actually worse than Little Caesars and Pizza Hut, but it's pretty goddamn bad and has maybe the most consistently unsanitary buffet in all of America. I'm surprised their restaurants are allowed to operate considering the total lack of food safety.

BV
Oct 23, 2005

NO ITS FUNNY. FUCK YOU. TIA
Shaq legit has a PhD and is a very accomplished guy outside of basketball. Pretty neat guy all around seems like.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
I'm a little apprehensive about trying Papa Johns pizza, but Shaq hasn't steered me wrong yet. I love my Gold Bond Medicated Power and The General car insurance!

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

BV posted:

Shaq legit has a PhD and is a very accomplished guy outside of basketball. Pretty neat guy all around seems like.

as much as i like and admire shaq, we have to temper ourselves a bit. It's kind of like the PhD Brian May got. Legitimate, but he's not exactly an active researcher in the field.

He's still a very cool guy, but he could definitely tone down the ego a bit. Which he does seem to be doing in older age.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Papa John's is trash. The only good chain pizza is Jet's.

I ordered from Jet's for the first time tonight because one just opened up by us. Not bad, thanks for the endorsement

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

ElectricSheep posted:

I ordered from Jet's for the first time tonight because one just opened up by us. Not bad, thanks for the endorsement

Heck yeah. Jet's is the best when I want cheap-ish pizza that's still pretty good!

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

One time as a kid my mom bought papa john pizza and it was the only time I have been genuinely disappointed and upset at pizza. It was pizza but so wrong. It tasted bad, like cardboard with watered down canned tomato paste with sad lil dingleberries sprinkled on top. It's so bad I still remember that terrible pizza.

And I, being a kid, would have eaten anything. Even gross boiled hot dogs, or the unseasoned steamed veggies my aunt cooked that were left in the pot after cooking so they got all mushy like baby food. [You had to be polite to family.]

Anyways, that's my papa john's experience. Thank you for posting a safe space thread so I could share op. I feel better now.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
PAPA JOHNS IS THE SHITTIEST PIZZA AVAILABLE FIGHT ME

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

interwhat posted:

PAPA JOHNS IS THE SHITTIEST PIZZA AVAILABLE FIGHT ME
Mama Celeste, Red Baron, California Pizza Kitchen, Gumby's, Cici's.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I like it when racist MAGA chuds get owned, good for Shaq, unless he’s a chud too

Shithead still owns a large percentage of the company though I believe? And papa johns pizza sauce tastes like sugar

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
What would bring more net good to the world? World's shittiest pizza is associated with a giant rear end in a top hat and bad guy or world's shittiest pizza is associated with an ok dude?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

tetsuo posted:

California Pizza Kitchen is very bad but it's nowhere near as lovely as Papa John's. It's not even in the same ballpark of barely edible trash. I'm sure frozen California Pizza Kitchen is worse than Papa John's... but all frozen pizza is the absolute worst, besides Trader Joe's. Trader Joe's frozen pizza owns.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Mar 25, 2019

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Do it ironically posted:

I like it when racist MAGA chuds get owned, good for Shaq, unless he’s a chud too

Shithead still owns a large percentage of the company though I believe? And papa johns pizza sauce tastes like sugar

I don't know much about Shaq except from the Hot Ones he did, but he comes off as a total meathead, turns everything into a weird competition, and punks out on anything he doesn't really want to do - like instead of eating the final, hottest wing, he instead poured all the hot sauces on it and made the host eat it instead. It would not surprise me one bit if he was a chud because taxes or some bullshit.

As for Schnatter, he still owns a $500 million stake in the company as of last July.

https://www.businessinsider.com/papa-johns-founder-has-stake-worth-millions-2018-7

There is no ethical consumption under capitalism!

homeless guy
Feb 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
Gumby's pizza is mediocre but their Pokey Stix are the greatest thing but almost every location closed and there's like only 5 left open in the country.

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
I've eaten pizza from many, many places in my life –– Pizza Hut, Domino's, Alfy's, Papa Murphy's, Little Caesar's, Round Table, Godfather's, Shakey's, MOD Pizza, etc....

But I've never had a Papa John's pizza. I'm not gonna start now.

gently caress Shaq.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I mean to be real, why would you eat pizza from Shaq when the superior, all time best basketball player The King Lebron James owns Blaze Pizza

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Do it ironically posted:

I mean to be real, why would you eat pizza from Shaq when the superior, all time best basketball player The King Lebron James owns Blaze Pizza

Blaze Pizza started the fast casual pizza craze, but now that it's been several years I feel like Blaze Pizza is just alright and fast casual places like MOD Pizza, Pieology, and Pizza Cucinova (local place around here) are way better. Pizza Cucinova does a great job with their oven especially and their ingredients are really good. But Blaze Pizza is still fine.

I'd still go to literally any fast casual pizza joint in existence over garbage like Papa John's or Domino's though! Why bother with that crap when Blaze Pizza and so many others are everywhere at stupidly cheap prices?

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 25, 2019

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Papa johns makes a great pie. I like the butter to dip my pizza in.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Blaze Pizza started the fast casual pizza craze, but now that it's been several years I feel like Blaze Pizza is just alright and fast casual places like MOD Pizza, Pieology, and Pizza Cucinova (local place around here) are way better. Pizza Cucinova does a great job with their oven especially and their ingredients are really good. But Blaze Pizza is still fine.

I'd still go to literally any fast casual pizza joint in existence over garbage like Papa John's or Domino's though! Why bother with that crap when Blaze Pizza and so many others are everywhere at stupidly cheap prices?

Oh yeah I agree I’m just joking, I’m vegan anyways, recently went to Virtuous Pie in Vancouver and really enjoyed it

TalkingBasically
Aug 19, 2018
He's got the meme of a cat getting ready to pounce and he's rolling his shoulders, smiling. Like a play on "Kyrie" or something I don't understand totally

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

tetsuo posted:

All better than Papa John's, sorry

ashrum3
Feb 16, 2019
I dont like there pizza but there bread sticks kick rear end

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Just want to reiterate how great I think Shaq is as an entertainer

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

as much as i like and admire shaq, we have to temper ourselves a bit. It's kind of like the PhD Brian May got. Legitimate, but he's not exactly an active researcher in the field.

He's still a very cool guy, but he could definitely tone down the ego a bit. Which he does seem to be doing in older age.

Tone down the ego lmao he's a literal doctor that got paid to dunk on fools lmao

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
yea he's got a PhD but it's not like he's cured any incurable diseases lately so let's not focus on that TOO much

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

redm posted:

yea he's got a PhD but it's not like he's cured any incurable diseases lately so let's not focus on that TOO much

what % of doctors have cured a disease

bc its about as close to 0% as you can get lol

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Still can't forget seeing an all cheese pizza of Papa Johns getting delivered to us in middle school that had those lumps that looked like those horrible pus-filled bubbles that come from second degree burns.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones

Statutory Ape posted:

what % of doctors have cured a disease

bc its about as close to 0% as you can get lol

I dunno man what do I look like, a doctor? I didn't actually know shaq had a PhD lmfao

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Its a phd in education

Shaq is in the group that can consider that kind of phd and not ruin their lives (the independently wealthy)

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
I wonder if getting his phd is the reason he didn't participate in the space jam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Everyone who says Papa John's (or any national chain) bread is good have very obviously never had Jet's Bread, which is the best chain pizza bread in existence. They have the best house-made ranch ever too!