Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
I was over at the apartment of my best friend the other day and the subject of discussion shifted over to the time that he spent working on a farm for a season in exchange for room and board. This wasn't exactly what comes to my mind when the subject of "hippy" communes gets brought up, but it really got me thinking about the idea. I'm feeling less and less enthused about the idea of working for a company for the rest of my life, I'm a millennial who's feeling more and more like home ownership is getting out of reach, etc, etc.

I don't necessarily think I'd want to live on a commune, because the fantasy of doing so is so idealized in my mind, but I'd really like to learn more about it! If anyone here on SA has any experience living on one, or something similar like WWOOFING, or living in the back country as a park ranger or something, I'd love to hear about it. I know we've had threads about hitchhiking and such, and I'd be down to hear about any kind of non-traditional living.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Here's one

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3856439&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006

Thanks! I'll close the thread.