Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

Do you watch InfoWars or something? Google does that with everyone who has something controversial or something someone was not convicted for. Try typing Les Moonves and try to get it to autocomplete his sexual assault case and it will not do that either. You're either an easily-influenced rube or a right-wing moron (which I guess is redundant).

Try being polite, you'll get further in life.

Backing up one coverup with evidence of a second sleazeball getting their misdeeds whitewashed doesn't counter my point. The reality is that Google shouldn't curate its search results based on the personal politics or connections of their employees, and they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010
Then how would it stay relevant to people who want to dismantle big corp and gov?

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

revmoo posted:

Try being polite, you'll get further in life.

Backing up one coverup with evidence of a second sleazeball getting their misdeeds whitewashed doesn't counter my point. The reality is that Google shouldn't curate its search results based on the personal politics or connections of their employees, and they do.

Sorry, I don't have much respect for people that promote and peddle right wing conspiracy theories.

You can easily search "Hillary Clinton emails" on Google and get tons of results on the first page. Google does not want to be liable or sued because I typed in BILL COSBY S"and it automatically generates "BILL COSBY SEXUAL CRIMES" before he was convicted. Now that he's convicted, it in fact does auto generate that. There isn't some grand conspiracy. You do know Google benefits from Republican tax cuts more than they do from democrat tax cuts, right?

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kimihia posted:

How about R?

hell yeah! also i highly recommend datacamp.com if you want to learn analysis programming!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Sorry, I don't have much respect for people that promote and peddle right wing conspiracy theories.

You can easily search "Hillary Clinton emails" on Google and get tons of results on the first page. Google does not want to be liable or sued because I typed in BILL COSBY S"and it automatically generates "BILL COSBY SEXUAL CRIMES" before he was convicted. Now that he's convicted, it in fact does auto generate that. There isn't some grand conspiracy. You do know Google benefits from Republican tax cuts more than they do from democrat tax cuts, right?

Huh, it doesn’t for me

For me Google never autocompleted anything sexual or controversial though

If I type “Bill Cosby sexual” in full it does suggest “Bill Cosby sexual assault conviction”

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
I have the opposite problem, I type 's' and it immediately fills in 'exy Bill Cosby'.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

What conspiracy theory do you think I am peddling? Google manually curating that auto-complete phrase isn't a theory, anybody can test it, right now.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that guy sounds crazy

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

ain't no law says a skeleton can't play the blues
maybe they curate the autocomplete results because they don't want some elementary school kid innocently searching for 'George Washington' to get in trouble because 'GEORGE WASHINGTON hosed HIS SLAVES' popped up on the screen.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

gary oldmans diary posted:

you can probably add something like " -deviantart" to the end of your search query to fix that

why would i want to fix it!?!!!?!!?

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

revmoo posted:

What conspiracy theory do you think I am peddling? Google manually curating that auto-complete phrase isn't a theory, anybody can test it, right now.

You're suggesting it's something they're doing out of greed or some other kind of cartoonishly evil motivation. If you wanna blame something then blame your stupidly overly litigious society.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

You're suggesting it's something they're doing out of greed or some other kind of cartoonishly evil motivation. If you wanna blame something then blame your stupidly overly litigious society.

A profit motivated company operating out of GREED? No sir it must be that political correctness I've heard so much about but never witnessed in a real life setting!

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

kazr posted:

A profit motivated company operating out of GREED? No sir it must be that political correctness I've heard so much about but never witnessed in a real life setting!

Uh, where does political correctness at all enter into what I said?

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

"A rapist shouldn't be able to sue Google for autocompleting their crime"

"Wow why do you hate political correctness so much!!"

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005
Sometimes Google owns. I searched for "that white guy who sounds like a black guy" and the first hit was Bobby Caldwell - exactly who I was looking for.

Zane
Nov 14, 2007

kazr posted:

not mutually exclusive. there's a lot of profit in being a politically correct digital media company.

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water
I searched "google" in google and it worked fine.
Working as intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

basic hitler posted:

i went to ask jeeves dot com in the year two thousand because i wanted to know how to masturbate but i didn't want my grandpa to see the queries and i knew he didn't use ask jeeves

i had to look up how to jerk off

FactsAreUseless posted:

I love this story

this is even better if you imagine the early-90s Stephen Fry giving the instructions to Hugh Laurie, in the driest of deadpans