Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The very deep did rot: O Christ!
That ever this should be!
Yea, slimy things did crawl with legs
Upon the slimy sea.

About, about, in reel and rout
The death-fires danced at night;
The water, like a witch's oils,
Burnt green, and blue and white.

And some in dreams assurèd were
Of the Spirit that plagued us so;
Nine fathom deep he had followed us
From the land of mist and snow.

And every tongue, through utter drought,
Was withered at the root;
We could not speak, no more than if
We had been choked with soot.

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the

Welcome one and all, to the first official :spooky:Mid-Scream Scream:spooky: thread! As you may know, the Scream Stream is a well-established October tradition, but like everyone else, I start getting antsy for Halloween fun around this time of year. Hence the solution, a half-calorie month-long streaming event to tide us over until the real Samhain season! Now, let me explain how this works.

Every Monday and Wednesday, starting at 8:30 EST I'll be streaming some horror films. Two on Monday, one on Wednesday, along with some other light halloween-themed entertainment to break it up. The traditional Scream Stream is always on weekends, so I figure it'd be a nice change of pace to show things on weekdays, and it might let some people tune in who previously couldn't! The stream is hosted here and sometimes here if something goes wrong. That's 14 horror movies total! Well, 13, since I'll only play one on the last Monday... but let me worry about the logistics. And you can chat with goons in the official Scream Stream discord while you watch!

Every Scream Stream has its own Scream Theme, and the Mid-Scream Stream is no exception! The theme of the films shown will be Classic Monsters. Frankensteins, Mummies, Draculas, and all your other favorites will make an appearance!

Some of this stream's stars

The usual disclaimer applies that I haven't seen everything I'll be streaming, so surprises are in store for all of us. I'll also be showing something after the main features for your night owls.

But there's more to the Scream Stream than watching awesome horror movies with your favorite goons! We also have prizes! What kind of prizes? Well how's about :

Every single Monday night, you'll have your chance to enter a raffle to win a calzone the following night, to enjoy while you watch your movies! Why a calzone? Well it's halfway to a pizza, which is what I usually raffle off, and this is the halfway to Halloween stream... If no restaurant in your area serves calzones, you'll get a regular old pizza as a backup prize. You have to tune in for the details!

I'm excited for this to become a new April tradition, so I hope you'll all join me in this experimental mid-year stream. If not, I'll just pop right back into my coffin until Halloween....

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Apr 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

MID-SCREAM STREAM MONSTER HALL OF FAME

Here's what we watched so far this month!

And if you're curious about previous years, check out the official Scream Stream Letterboxd courtesy of friend of the stream Franchescanado!

And for the nostalgic, here are the intros from the previous years' streams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyOebimeruU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpI9WZdIe30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mzO7BYE9TA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHE7nI2xd7s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRk8Mtr8nSI

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I'm cautiously excited. I love you Lurd, forever and always. You stinky doodoo head.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This should be good.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

OMG so psyched! I love Scream Stream!

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

So when does this start and when do we declare our personal goals?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Let's get things started with the first monster: Witchez!

Tomorrow's inaugural lineup, starting at 8:30 central is...

The VVitch

and...

Hereditary

Followed by...

Mystery Bonus Feature

Be there!

M_Sinistrari posted:

So when does this start and when do we declare our personal goals?

That isn't how this works! You just watch the movies that I stream for fun, there is no goal or challenge.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

That isn't how this works! You just watch the movies that I stream for fun, there is no goal or challenge.

No writeups?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

M_Sinistrari posted:

No writeups?

Nope. You can review things you watch in the horror thread if you want, I guess.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
Sounds dope, I'm in

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

M_Sinistrari posted:

No writeups?

You're confusing scream stream with the october challenge again my dear. Two separate but concurrent events.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Choco1980 posted:

You're confusing scream stream with the october challenge again my dear. Two separate but concurrent events.

Ah, okay. In my defense, this is still kinda new to me.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I always say I'm going to hop on some of these but then never do, I'm gonna actually try to join in this time. Of course I'm out of town for the week though, so hopefully I'll remember when I get back!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I love the idea of this and always want to take part but then I just forget about it or show up late and then I rekindle those old feelings of pre-streaming television where I never watched a show because I never trusted myself to actually show up on time every week or something.

But I totally plan to think about showing up tomorrow night. Even if I think it might be a little too soon after Hereditary wrecked my poo poo.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Let's get things started with the first monster: Witchez!

Tomorrow's inaugural lineup, starting at 8:30 central is...

The VVitch

and...

Hereditary

Followed by...

Mystery Bonus Feature

Be there!

We are live in 30!

Don't forget to add the extension!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onZ91jOpIjo

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Apr 2, 2019

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Aaaaarrrrggghhhh, we got got!

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
So this wasn't real?

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

NutritiousSnack posted:

So this wasn't real?

there was a stream, but we got samurai cop and snake eater 3

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Stink Billyums posted:

there was a stream, but we got samurai cop and snake eater 3

and at the end, a couple of hours of Destroyed in Seconds!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

a foolish pianist posted:

Aaaaarrrrggghhhh, we got got!

I totally got got :( I just noticed the thread and let out an audible "oh man" when I looked at what date it was today and when this was posted.

I really like the Scream Stream.