Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

that goddamn scissors spot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
gently caress YEAH

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Great show, everything was enjoyable although I was mildly disappointed by Ohtani vs Gage. I know it meant a lot to Nick, great for him, but it was too short.

As I recall that was the complaint about his match Penta last year, too.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
I saw a gif of the scissors and I don't think I that match is for me....

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Chris James 2 posted:

that goddamn scissors spot

that was loving gnarly. looked like jimmy felt the handle of one of them hit his throat and checked to see if it was sliced open. that was... pretty dumb. i had to watch the replay cause i worked all night, but it was well worth the 15 dollars and i'll buy the clusterfuck too, i dont give a gently caress. spring break is the most fun in wrestling possible. well, orange's show is tomorrow so we'll see.

the end of the main event cut out tho! i assume takeda smushed jimmy lloyd, the right crazy bastard, with those light tubes, but still.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I emailed Fite about the main event cutting out and they said they'd fix it soon, then gave me a $5 credit.

Deathmatch stuff can be fun but gently caress that scissors spot. Jimmy looked legit afraid for his life.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

That deathmatch main event ruled (and the ending is now up on the FITE replay!). I've never seen someone get hit in the head with light tubes as hard as Takeda hit Lloyd at one point or vice versa, but either way it was gnarly.

But that scissors spot, yeesh. It didn't look AS bad the second time I watched it, but the first time it definitely looked like it got his neck. Didn't help that when he pulled the scissors out of his upper chest area, it looked like a bit of blood squirted out, and made it look a billion times worse to me. Jimmy must've felt the the handle on his neck and thought it was the blade. As kind of wild and crazy as that spot was in the moment, I'd be pretty cool with them not doing it ever again.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Huntman posted:

That deathmatch main event ruled (and the ending is now up on the FITE replay!). I've never seen someone get hit in the head with light tubes as hard as Takeda hit Lloyd at one point or vice versa, but either way it was gnarly.

But that scissors spot, yeesh. It didn't look AS bad the second time I watched it, but the first time it definitely looked like it got his neck. Didn't help that when he pulled the scissors out of his upper chest area, it looked like a bit of blood squirted out, and made it look a billion times worse to me. Jimmy must've felt the the handle on his neck and thought it was the blade. As kind of wild and crazy as that spot was in the moment, I'd be pretty cool with them not doing it ever again.

People were real scared for Jimmy in the live chat, so I feel like maybe if they do death matches on JJ's shows in the future, don't do scissor spots.

More positively: There wasn't a single thing on this show that dragged.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Apr 6, 2019

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
I dont know how the audio was on fite but the crowd was absolutely insane the entire night. A match with two invisible people had a packed house going nuts.

What an amazing night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TheJunkyardGod posted:

I dont know how the audio was on fite but the crowd was absolutely insane the entire night. A match with two invisible people had a packed house going nuts.

What an amazing night.

The audio was my only complaint but that mostly pertains to commentary