Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cda

by Hand Knit
just kidding, that's your moms stage name. my favoite radiohead album is "the bends"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cda

by Hand Knit
lol i definitely don't remember posting this

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ferroque

OK Kid.

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

:ohdear:

sig by owlhawk911

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
200 threads in a week I bet u think that's clever don'tcha boi

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
lmao

Manifisto

lol

ty nesamdoom!

Goons Are Gifts

I think this was around the time you made like 17 threads in an hour?

A byob hero, at least half of them are now in the goldmine I think

Heather Papps

hello friend

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Good post, however, The Bends came out in, like, '95, you old bastard.

Heather Papps

hello friend

My fave Radiohead album is in keeping secrets of silent earth three

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Confession time: I don't just post in BYOB. I've been a poster on the official Radiohead forums since 1998, and I once played Unreal (the original) with the band. Haven't actually listened to Radiohead in a while, though.

Heather Papps

hello friend

My first forum home was the Sony music official system of a down message board

Areola Grande

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Confession time: I don't just post in BYOB. I've been a poster on the official Radiohead forums since 1998, and I once played Unreal (the original) with the band. Haven't actually listened to Radiohead in a while, though.

what's Unreal

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

cda posted:

just kidding, that's your moms stage name. my favoite radiohead album is "the bends"

gently caress hell yeah :same: THe Bends rules

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

the opposite of Real

yuk yuk, i'll be here all week! dont forget to tip your waitress

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

an engine used to make videogames

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
also a scifi FPS by the same name

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

Dash Rendar posted:

also a scifi FPS by the same name

no, that doesn't sound right

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Macnult

nothing makes me dance like thom yorke quite like buttfuck barbie

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
the buttfuck bends rox0rz my box0rz

alnilam

ewo,ah

alnilam

prepuce repurposed posted:

200 threads in a week I bet u think that's clever don'tcha boi

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives

Yo, lemme get your opinion on something: I think Radiohead changed direction musically and philosophically with the release of In Rainbows because it was their first album not released under EMI. There's sort of a darkness and a despair in the first six albums, even all the way back to Pablo Honey, that isn't present in anything after In Rainbows, and I think this darkness reflects Thom and the rest of the band's dissatisfaction and disillusionment with the record industry. Once they got out from under that contractual obligation, the music suddenly felt a lot more relaxed. It's no less great music for it, but there was definitely a big shift in tone between Hail to the Thief and In Rainbows. Would you agree?

Areola Grande

Barco Fiesta posted:

Yo, lemme get your opinion on something: I think Radiohead changed direction musically and philosophically with the release of In Rainbows because it was their first album not released under EMI. There's sort of a darkness and a despair in the first six albums, even all the way back to Pablo Honey, that isn't present in anything after In Rainbows, and I think this darkness reflects Thom and the rest of the band's dissatisfaction and disillusionment with the record industry. Once they got out from under that contractual obligation, the music suddenly felt a lot more relaxed. It's no less great music for it, but there was definitely a big shift in tone between Hail to the Thief and In Rainbows. Would you agree?

As a huge fan I would agree, but I've found it hard to grock or even enjoy every album after Hail to the Thief.

I often wonder why everyone else seems to still be liking it. I feel like either I'm missing something or it's just bad.

:negative:

Areola Grande

prepuce repurposed posted:

As a huge fan I would agree, but I've found it hard to grock or even enjoy every album after Hail to the Thief.

I often wonder why everyone else seems to still be liking it. I feel like either I'm missing something or it's just bad.

:negative:

TL;DR: a moon shaped pool will never compare to Buttfuck Barbie

El Generico

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Barco Fiesta posted:

There was definitely a shift, but I don't know if it was any less dark. Some songs are more optimistic, but some are heartbreaking. My problem is there were fewer songs with tempo and energy any more.

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
It took like 10 years for In Rainbows to grow on me. I never even really listened to King of Limbs, but I liked Moon Shaped Pool okay. The pinnacle of their discography is still Buttfuck Barbie.

alnilam

Barco Fiesta posted:

The pinnacle of their discography is still Buttfuck Barbie.

After all these years it still holds up really well

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
the radioheads have set out to make every successive album quieter than the last; until eventually they will release an hour of themselves sitting in a studio occasionally sighing

cda

by Hand Knit
[thom yorke voice] buuuuuuuuttfuuuuuuuuuuuck baaaaaaaarbie

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
Tom York and the Radio Heads

Macnult

buttfuck barbie and the ok ken dolls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
Ken A Computer and Buttfuck Barbie Present: Tom York and Pablo Honey's Wonderful Moog Orchestra