Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Abroham Lincoln posted:

the best part of that show was heel sami

That absolutely ruled.

It was a good Raw but people are going to remember it badly because of the dumb ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Sami was right.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Astro7x posted:

So Lars, Zane, surprise Undertaker... did I miss any other surprises tonight?

Richard Spencer

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That’s true. He’s fake rich though.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Astro7x posted:

So Lars, Zane, surprise Undertaker... did I miss any other surprises tonight?

lack of big dawg

lacy actually did something

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

As someone who doesn't watch RAW every week so isn't judging this show from the perspective of "did I enjoy the show this week more than I did last week?" but rather "did this episode engage me to come back for more next week?" there was absolutely nothing I saw on that show that gives me a single reason to want to watch RAW again next week. Except the New Day. Who I understand aren't RAW roster members.

And they're easily cancelled out by the loving neo nazi skinhead.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Jerusalem posted:

That absolutely ruled.

It was a good Raw but people are going to remember it badly because of the dumb ending.

Infidel Castro posted:

Sami was right.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

going to reiterate what I said in the mania thread that I watch raw every week but haven't watched a takeover since the ironwoman match

what is wrong with me

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Gumball Gumption posted:

It was really decent but had a bunch of racists show up and then a wet fart ending

Almost literally nobody believed the match would be anything but a DQ and while a I agree the Bar are the limpest choice possible it doesn’t erase the entire rest of the show being sports entertaining.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Intruder posted:

going to reiterate what I said in the mania thread that I watch raw every week but haven't watched a takeover since the ironwoman match

what is wrong with me

Dude what the gently caress :psyduck:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Intruder posted:

what is wrong with me

Double Or Nothing is next month if you want an alternative but don't watch Takeover

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Jerusalem posted:

That absolutely ruled.

Wrestling fans have a much shorter memory than they give themselves credit for.

There was a serious debate on this forum yesterday whether Becky winning on a botched crucifix that got a huge pop in the stadium would kill Becky’s heat and she wouldn’t be received well on Raw. Nobody remembered.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Double Or Nothing is next month if you want an alternative but don't watch Takeover

Oh hey they did my plug for me

https://twitter.com/WrestlingTravel/status/1115447401924517888

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/BTuckerTorch/status/1115450896173993985

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ha. Roman was there and they just kept him off tv. That's funny.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Abroham Lincoln posted:

the best part of that show was heel sami

This, and Becky with two belts.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Angry Grimace posted:

Wrestling fans have a much shorter memory than they give themselves credit for.

There was a serious debate on this forum yesterday whether Becky winning on a botched crucifix that got a huge pop in the stadium would kill Becky’s heat and she wouldn’t be received well on Raw. Nobody remembered.

This is largely true but I also think the final call on things like that can’t be made until they get away from the Mania crowd.

The hardcore aren’t gonna take that out on Becky. It’s whether or not the casual fans on your standard weekly episodes are going to care more or less or just plateau where they are.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

sportsgenius86 posted:

This is largely true but I also think the final call on things like that can’t be made until they get away from the Mania crowd.

The hardcore aren’t gonna take that out on Becky. It’s whether or not the casual fans on your standard weekly episodes are going to care more or less or just plateau where they are.

Like most things in life its not about some big moment, its about a million little ones. Some terrible booking won't turn away a million fans at once. But repeated bad things take a toll and you drop fans as you go.

I don't know if anyone stopped watching WWE because of the way Becky was booked or turned on her. Or because Lars showed up. Or because they bait and switched their main event. Or whatever. But the "short memory" defense ignores basic human nature that poo poo adds up over time and eventually people just get tired of things.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I've been popping back to WWE because of Becky and Kofi and I enjoyed the show tonight but I think Lars is a sign that I'm done watching again. Good job on WWE and RoH racing to the bottom over Wrestlemania weekend.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

What happened with RoH I've seen a few comments now

Is this the Enzo thing?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Intruder posted:

Is this the Enzo thing?

they just suck now

and they hired enzo

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

I missed the entire show with kid at the doctors. From what I can tell here's what happened of note:

Undertaker showed up shirtless
Sami showed up and did a Meltzer impression
A puppet of a Skettis from World of Warcraft?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

STAC Goat posted:

Like most things in life its not about some big moment, its about a million little ones. Some terrible booking won't turn away a million fans at once. But repeated bad things take a toll and you drop fans as you go.

I don't know if anyone stopped watching WWE because of the way Becky was booked or turned on her. Or because Lars showed up. Or because they bait and switched their main event. Or whatever. But the "short memory" defense ignores basic human nature that poo poo adds up over time and eventually people just get tired of things.

Also Hogan's appearance on the show last night. The racist white lady getting thrust into a feud against the biggest star in the company with two titles. The much derided around here but relevant to a chunk of the fanbase piece on Last Week Tonight with John Oliver.

I'm starting to feel really crummy about giving this company my NINE NINETY NINE for Wrestlemania. :sigh:

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Intruder posted:

Is this the Enzo thing?

G1 Supercard was embarrassingly bad for RoH. None of their guys (except Cobb) were over and their stuff was either booked badly or just average at best. NJPW ridiculously outclassed them. Like, it was night and day.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'm not disagreeing with your premise but it feels like goalpost shifting to say that the test was whether they would respond well on Raw the next day and then ask about a totally different crowd. Becky isn't gonna get bigger than main eventing WrestleMania. She's already one of the biggest women's stars in wrestling history. Honestly, Ronda botching that pin is probably the a better outcome long-term if they're going to pick that program up because that wasn't the conclusive ending people wanted regardless. WWE themselves hosed that up by having Corey bitch about the finish seconds after it happened. If they just said "cool Becky rules" then people would have just chalked it up to Ronda being green and they could wait for Ronda herself to complain about the finish whenever she shows up again.

The show in general was good, it was just a curious (and IMO bad) decision to have the Bar specifically show up after the match got going. Why the Bar?! They could have achieved the same result by having Rollins tease accepting the match and then have the offending team show up in the opening segment so it didn't feel like a stupid intentional let-down, even though nobody in their right mind could have possibly believed they were gonna have either guy drop the title the next day on Raw.

Banjo
Jun 7, 2006

For the record, I agree with Sami Zayn

gently caress WrestleHut

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Banjo posted:

For the record, I agree with Sami Zayn

gently caress WrestleHut

Yeah, that's the stuff.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

BGrifter posted:

Also Hogan's appearance on the show last night. The racist white lady getting thrust into a feud against the biggest star in the company with two titles. The much derided around here but relevant to a chunk of the fanbase piece on Last Week Tonight with John Oliver.

I'm starting to feel really crummy about giving this company my NINE NINETY NINE for Wrestlemania. :sigh:

Throwing Lacey Evans in there without including Taker makes you sound like an idiot hth

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Just caught up. Sami loving owns

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

PASS THE MASH posted:

Throwing Lacey Evans in there without including Taker makes you sound like an idiot hth

I wasn't aiming to post a comprehensive list. But yeah, Taker is a piece of poo poo too.

No need to be so hostile. We can all agree WWE is a terrible company employing and actively pushing terrible racist scumbags.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I know he was absent because of surgery, but Sami showing up looking in incredible shape was yet another example of why a rotating off-season for parts of the roster would be a good loving idea.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Jerusalem posted:

I know he was absent because of surgery, but Sami showing up looking in incredible shape was yet another example of why a rotating off-season for parts of the roster would be a good loving idea.

i wish they would have rotated Sami in the other direction as he was making his way to the ring

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Undertaker looks ric flair level bad. Why is he still around?

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
Sheamus at Raw after a Wrestlemania is audience poison.

Look up April 8th, 2013 Raw near the end of Raw when the crowd shits all over his match. Why would they do that again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI8267jzicc

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

Faustian Bargain posted:

he does the long entrance and the tombstone op

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Faustian Bargain posted:

Have you not seen Flair lately

Taker looks pretty good for a guy his age, good enough to be confident about going shirtless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Intruder posted:

what is wrong with me

Insanely cursed post