Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

Apparently someone pulled apart the barriers at Nathan Phillips Square, and the crowd carried away a chunk of fencing while chanting DE-FENCE! Which is pretty funny for a crowd to come up with on the spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Remember when Milwaukee threw out a sizable contract offer to Tony Snell like immediately after FA started

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
The Lakers should sign Jimmy Butler and then trade him to the Sixers for Ben Simmons

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Tony Snell is basically like someone built a contraption to shoot three pointers and make 1 a game without doing anything else basketball related, which is something.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
I didn't even know someone got shot until I checked the news on my phone. I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary and I was right there in the crowd near the arches. People were already shooting fireworks at random, so I probably tuned it out. Crowd started running and almost turned into a stampede. Luckily I didn't get bowled over but it was so close to being a bad scene. The crowd at the front had no idea though. Really killed the mood for the rest of the ceremony for us at the back. Security was loving awful since they were nowhere near the crowd and were just watching from above.

Not sure when the opportunity for a parade comes again but I'll probably just stick to a less populated area of the route to catch the players and just watch the rest at home lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

If I were Utah, I would too. Get rid of a bunch of garbage and get a good point guard in return.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Eh I was gonna throw more arguments about Lonzo but honestly it's just a frivolous debate. My heart's not in it. I used to kind of root against him because the media created a mini rivalry between him and Simmons as the next best PG. Now that he's fallen off hard, I just feel bad for him and hope he can at least catch on with a team longterm in a decent role. Plus his father's a dickhole.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I started at Prince's Gate and walked alongside the buses on Lakeshore and it owned. Went for lunch and watched more on TV and then headed home and caught the speeches on tv. Perfect way to do it I think. Glad I didn't spend 8 hours in Nathan Phillips Square for mostly underwhelming and awkward speeches.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Now I know why Spurs fans were so mad about Kawhi.

I never want him to leave, this offseason is torture.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Constellation I posted:

Not sure when the opportunity for a parade comes again but I'll probably just stick to a less populated area of the route to catch the players and just watch the rest at home lol

Yeah I watched it from Bathurst and Lakeshore and once it passed we had enough time to walk home and get lunch along the way because the vehicles took forever to get through the crowd the police basically had to push back one by one.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Do you guys think there's any chance someone takes a paycut to join the Lakers?

Not that I want it to happen.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Do you guys think there's any chance someone takes a paycut to join the Lakers?

Not that I want it to happen.

Carmelo will.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

The Duggler posted:

Now I know why Spurs fans were so mad about Kawhi.

I never want him to leave, this offseason is torture.

13 days till we know for sure

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

If I were Utah, I would too. Get rid of a bunch of garbage and get a good point guard in return.

I dunno if all the Jazz beat writers are working together to put out weird rumors like that out there or if the Grizzlies are actually considering it haha

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
https://twitter.com/sarahjenkinsxo/status/1140721746254991360

thumper57 posted:

Apparently someone pulled apart the barriers at Nathan Phillips Square, and the crowd carried away a chunk of fencing while chanting DE-FENCE! Which is pretty funny for a crowd to come up with on the spot.

This is both hilarious and a great instance of reclaiming public space.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The Lakers would be a really good team if they got Pat Bev

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

OTOH, a defensive backcourt of Pat and Kawhi should worry people

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

euphronius posted:

Carmelo will.

That would require a team willing to offer him more than the minimum

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

BWV posted:

that's what a lot of people were saying but forgetting to barricade the actual route (they do this for the santa claus parade) is pretty bad.

it's okay though. they'll get it right next year ;)

With proper barricades, Kawhi might have been forced to Stay. Sadly, the incompetence of your police has made this unlikely

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

ZeeBoi posted:

It shows that they organized it in three days

The team and city started organizing the parade the day after they knocked out the Bucks.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Carlosologist posted:

There are probably like 16 teams that think they’re the perfect squad for Bev, which is to his credit. But it’ll drive up the price on him probably TOO high, and as much as I love him as a player, it could lead to us talking about The Patrick Beverley Contract a few years from now. He’s already 30!

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I wish I was in Toronto for this championship parade :(

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I made the offseason thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3892113

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
We have an offseason thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3892113