Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how do you feel about loud cars
This poll is closed.
suck my dang balls op 16 25.81%
:krust: 15 24.19%
goku 26 41.94%
turn on your monitor lmao 5 8.06%
Total: 62 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
i've been thinking of going bozozuku style when i do the exhaust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Two guys across the street have been talking and laughing while sitting on their bikes for the last 20 minutes. Then they fired them up, revved them a few times, and took off. I can still hear them having fun 5 minutes later. They're not going anywhere, just enjoying the first nice day of spring.

Op post your car/bike/mobility scooter.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Would anyone care to park in a shopping center lot to go into Walgreens for 15 minutes while leaving your car and stereo on (which, since no one is in the car anymore, is on only so that others may hear it when they clearly do not wish to) with the volume maxed out and your muddied, shuddering bass assaulting everyone in the entire lot and the employees in the stores which now have to do their already irritating jobs and also suffer through the discomfort of bass vibrations giving them a headache?

Anyone?

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kexpANCXiE

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

an oddly awful oud posted:

you know what else makes your car faster for even less money? removing weight by stripping all the interior materials out of it except for the driver seat, pedals, and dashboard/console. you know why people don't do that? because the car becomes incredibly obnoxious and unpleasant to be inside. now try to connect this concept with putting a really loud exhaust on your car and let me know if you figure out where i'm going with this

i took the ac out and also replaced the windows with plexiglass so its even worse than ucan imagine

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

mmmm more

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

honda whisperer posted:

Two guys across the street have been talking and laughing while sitting on their bikes for the last 20 minutes. Then they fired them up, revved them a few times, and took off. I can still hear them having fun 5 minutes later. They're not going anywhere, just enjoying the first nice day of spring.

Op post your car/bike/mobility scooter.

its a crappy early 2000s corolla. nothin special. whatever appearance of it you have in your head, that's likely it.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
One of my favorite pleasures in life is having my little electric hatchback leave douchebags in their vroom vroom pieces of poo poo back at the stoplight.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

buglord posted:

its a crappy early 2000s corolla. nothin special. whatever appearance of it you have in your head, that's likely it.

I take it you see your car as an appliance that gets you from a to b?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

honda whisperer posted:

I take it you see your car as an appliance that gets you from a to b?

My next car is going to be a basic well used Prius of some sort (with cruise control this time) so yeah pretty much. I basically want the vehicle with the lowest cost of ownership so I can use money on other dumb things.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

buglord posted:

My next car is going to be a basic well used Prius of some sort (with cruise control this time) so yeah pretty much. I basically want the vehicle with the lowest cost of ownership so I can use money on other dumb things.

That's totally reasonable.

All I ask is you think of the "other dumb things" and imagine the most insufferable poo poo lord in that circle. That's the person with a straight pipe civic at 2am. It's some cargo cult fast cars are loud = loud cars are fast. Most of us hate him as much as you do.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit

Fallows posted:

i took the ac out and also replaced the windows with plexiglass so its even worse than ucan imagine

clearly not a daily driver, a built car for the track/autocross/hillclimb or whatever is a different story

I actually like cars that are loud when they're driven in anger, a rotary above 7k RPM or a V8 at WOT on the highway is a thing to appreciate but it's not cool to annoy your entire neighborhood when starting your car and driving around at 30 mph at 6:30am

honda whisperer posted:

That's totally reasonable.

All I ask is you think of the "other dumb things" and imagine the most insufferable poo poo lord in that circle. That's the person with a straight pipe civic at 2am. It's some cargo cult fast cars are loud = loud cars are fast. Most of us hate him as much as you do.

wisdom

Hairy Busey
Jan 5, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Three Olives posted:

One of my favorite pleasures in life is having my little electric hatchback leave douchebags in their vroom vroom pieces of poo poo back at the stoplight.

Nobody is racing you silly

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

an oddly awful oud posted:

clearly not a daily driver, a built car for the track/autocross/hillclimb or whatever is a different story

I actually like cars that are loud when they're driven in anger, a rotary above 7k RPM or a V8 at WOT on the highway is a thing to appreciate but it's not cool to annoy your entire neighborhood when starting your car and driving around at 30 mph at 6:30am

wisdom

I propose the thread becomes about cars that sound good at wot.

https://youtu.be/az39eqLIbyU

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Three Olives posted:

gonna nissan leaf you in the dust

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUXow3d3-b0

No Bubb Rubb? For shame.

Woo WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Apr 17, 2019

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
It's just this dude OP he is loving with you and you are falling for it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJmrhda95jc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

buglord posted:

A word of caution is to be sure that the previous owner replaced the battery pack before you bought it. IIRC, a battery swap on a Prius runs anywhere from 3500 to 5500 depending on where you get it done.

Hell, the old Honda Insights from the late 90s early 00s had a little shoebox-sized pack of cells and that still runs 2000+ to change out.