Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

The director of Mystery Men hated working with actors so much that he never made another movie and went back to directing commercials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Caesar Saladin posted:

The director of Mystery Men hated working with actors so much that he never made another movie and went back to directing commercials.

Aww :(

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
ben stiller sucks. he made a career out of ripping off older characters almost all from the early 90s ben stiller show that he co-wrote with much funnier people and other than that he is basically only suited to playing a straight man in a romantic comedy or any generic overacted character

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

gary oldmans diary posted:

ben stiller sucks. he made a career out of ripping off older characters almost all from the early 90s ben stiller show that he co-wrote with much funnier people and other than that he is basically only suited to playing a straight man in a romantic comedy or any generic overacted character

Now who’s being negative.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

gary oldmans diary posted:

his dad sure is a laugh though, if you look at seinfeld outtakes they can't keep their poo poo together when Frank Costanza gets going, he's too much to handle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2LdHH0hmHY

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Applewhite posted:

Now who’s being negative.
there is no alternate version of ben stiller that we can ever hope will be good. theres just the 1 guy and he sucks. and in his early career he was a real dick too

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I get the feeling that Ben Stiller in real life is like Ben Stiller from Reality Bytes

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Tropic Thunder is great though.

Applewhite posted:

When will people learn that Superheroes basically ONLY work in a camp context?

The greatest trick Chris Nolan ever pulled was convincing the world his Batman movies were serious.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Tropic Thunder is great though.

I like the story behind it: Some actors had gone through some boot camp in preparation for a military project (Band of Brothers?) and said they felt like real soldiers, which inspired Tropic Thunder.

Meck Pomses
Jan 7, 2011

I QUESTIONED BUYING AN AVATAR WHEN I GET A FREE "STUPID NEWBIE" ONE WHEN REGISTERING SO SOMEONE GAVE ME FANART OF BIG BOSS DRESSED AS BAYONETTA DRAWN BY N ARTIST WHO TRIED TO MAKE A COLLABORATIVE BBW FIGHTING GAME FOR MY AVATAR OUT OF SPITE
Is this really meant to take place in the 1970s? Because the subway train interior in the trailer looks like from the 1980s or later, also how the people are dressed. Or is it some strange indistinct time period like in Tim Burton's Batman movies? Which is not a bad thing.

shortstop
Jul 23, 2007
Thought Crispin Glover was peak Jokester. Not a fan of the later versions.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I hope this is the movie that finally legitimizes murder as a normal reaction to modern society

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I hope this is the movie that finally legitimizes murder as a normal reaction to modern society

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

“Well that great man but can I get a #2 with a regular coke”

ThawedGladiator
Aug 29, 2008
The Joaquer

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i got kicked out of a karaoke bar trying to take a picture of a guy dressed like the joker who didnt want me to take his picture lol

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Zane posted:

funny story: ben stiller trashed mystery men--including his own performance--on howard stern; but it's the best movie he's done in his whole career.

Uhhh you ain't seen Heavyweights?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i liked smash mouth before they sold out

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Ben Stiller is funny. He's made some dumb movies, but I like him.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i wish someone would mail a pipebomb up my anus

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Oh man I haven't been this upset at a movie title since The Comedy

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret

Knight posted:

Oh man I haven't been this upset at a movie title since The Comedy

Not at "Naked Lunch"?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

numberoneposter posted:

i got kicked out of a karaoke bar trying to take a picture of a guy dressed like the joker who didnt want me to take his picture lol

Seems rude to take a picture when asked not to.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

It depends, which joker was he dressed as?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Kazak posted:

It depends, which joker was he dressed as?
health ledger

and if ur dressed like the joker im gonna take ur picture

its my new policy going forward despite and repercussions

despite getting kicked out i never managed to get a picture :(

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
this guy is a real jokester!

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

numberoneposter posted:

health ledger

and if ur dressed like the joker im gonna take ur picture

its my new policy going forward despite and repercussions

despite getting kicked out i never managed to get a picture :(

Honestly what you did sounds like something the Joker himself might do.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Heath ledgers joker would approve of your behavior

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
As a fellow vegan Joaquin is just playing this character as what it’s like to have to deal with people shoving meat in their mouths everyday knowing it’s destroying the planet

He seems like he portrayed it well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Do it ironically posted:

As a fellow vegan Joaquin is just playing this character as what it’s like to have to deal with people shoving meat in their mouths everyday knowing it’s destroying the planet

He seems like he portrayed it well

Do you like being the annoying vegan stereotype?