Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
id say thats just a genetic limitation like like arm reach. if you bleed easy, well, you have to try a little harder to not get punched in the face a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I had a pretty set "Dustin's just an average gatekeeper who can't beat any one truly good" thing in my mind.

It's gone now.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

well, im half right, dustin won

but im half wrong, cuz max's chin held up like a motherfucker

his skin, on the other hand

also: what up to the gooncrew, yall are cool, would watch fights with you again

Was fantastic 10/10 would go again thank you for setting it all up

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I think scoring the entire fight a draw would be reasonable, but 49-46 only makes sense to me if they scored at least one round a 10-10. That first round really felt like a 10-8

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

david carmichael posted:

I think scoring the entire fight a draw would be reasonable, but 49-46 only makes sense to me if they scored at least one round a 10-10. That first round really felt like a 10-8

zuh? its 4x10-9 for dustin and 1x10-9 for max

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
max got loving smashed huh. i can't believe he was still in the fight after four rounds of that.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Snowman_McK posted:

The eye test is useless and there were multiple big reeling moments from Poirier.

lol

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

david carmichael posted:

No, that would not be reasonable.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

the score was perfect

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I was a little surprised it was 49-46 across the board just because round 3 was so close I would have bet at least one judge would differ on it, but it is a perfectly fine score. Both those dudes are cool guys and I am happy for Dustin and glad Max was so cool and gracious and still a champion at AIDSweight

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

jay z's sedan posted:

zuh? its 4x10-9 for dustin and 1x10-9 for max

What im saying is round 1 should have been a 10-8.

Round 1 10-8, round 3 9-10. Those scores are ones that i feel are definitive, every other round i could see arguments for 10-9, 10-10, and even one 9-10. Im just saying i can see how khabib could think it was a draw even with round 1 being a 10-8.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I dont think its unreasonable that poirier won, but there were some very close rounds. And some not very close rounds

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
i agree with r1 potentially being 10-8. i thought poirier clearly won 2 and 5 as well, 3/4 were close with me leaning towards holloway in one and poirier in one

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
probably the best two back to back five rounders in UFC history, at least since 189

e: actually was McGregor/Mendes scheduled as a five rounder? I can't remember

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

T-Bone posted:

probably the best two back to back five rounders in UFC history, at least since 189

e: actually was McGregor/Mendes scheduled as a five rounder? I can't remember

was for the interim belt since aldo pulled out

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Finally watched the last two fights from last night. Really good poo poo.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

i agree with r1 potentially being 10-8. i thought poirier clearly won 2 and 5 as well, 3/4 were close with me leaning towards holloway in one and poirier in one

I really wanted to give Holloway round 4 but then that knee happened. I still kinda felt like he was outlanding Poirer that round, but when it's close and the other guy lands a giant strike that turns your forehead into a blood fountain.....

I had it 49-45 (10-8 first round, round 3 for Holloway).

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

david carmichael posted:

What im saying is round 1 should have been a 10-8.

Round 1 10-8, round 3 9-10. Those scores are ones that i feel are definitive, every other round i could see arguments for 10-9, 10-10, and even one 9-10. Im just saying i can see how khabib could think it was a draw even with round 1 being a 10-8.

Agree - I also thought it had the potential to be a draw even though judged as a fight Poirier won. It just depended on how judges saw the few rounds that the majority was max landing and backing up Dustin but then getting hit by a bomb and messed up for like 1m15s

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
draw wouldve been a terrible decision

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I think Max could still be a terror at 155 if he moved up permanently and filled out. His work rate and his chin are absolutely insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
It seems like since the ESPN stuff started the fights have gotten a lot more fun even though nothing has really changed for the fighters.