Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

CineD has some unassailable opinions because film nerds love to condescend. (I'm not above it, let he who is without sin etc.) So I wanted to create a safe space to vent your contrarian opinions. This is not the place to go "hurr durr Spielberg sucks" and leave. I'm talking about actual opinions with reasoned stances as to why you are in the minority on a specific film or cinematic idea. This goes both ways; if you think Michael Bay's eye for shot composition trumps everything bad about his editing and direction, and you unironically love his films, this is the place to say it.

One Rule: You can ask for more information, but you cannot tell someone their opinion is wrong!

Bad exchange:

quote:

:) John Carpenter's films all look like garbage because he's never had a good Production Designer and he keeps using styrofoam boulders

:kratos: The Thing is a masterpiece! You can't say things like that!
Good exchange:

quote:

:tvtropes: Kubrick's films are antiseptic and lack any sense of viscerality. I feel like I'm watching someone so afraid of a single hair being out of place that there's no sense of creative mischief like Spielberg and it isn't fun.

:) What do you mean, 'antiseptic'? Can you explain more? I think Dr Strangelove is really warm and interesting.

PS those are my two heresies in the quoted examples.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
A24 has a handful of good films but is mostly composed of the same tiresome faux intellectual hollywood drudge as the rest