Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piney
Oct 14, 2003
Came across my grandfather's old bike from 50 years ago. Is this ready for the dumpster or worth giving/selling to someone who cares for old bikes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter
Definitely try passing it on to someone. It’s a CZ, an old Czech brand, some quick googling makes me think it’s like a 1952 CZ 150? Someone would be interested in it.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Probably even someone here depending on where you’re located.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

That looks like a project for Rev Dr Moses P Lester

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

builds character posted:

Probably even someone here depending on where you’re located.

Seconding that, that thing is fantastic.

I didn't realize CZ made motorcycles, I only know them as a gun manufacturer. Are you in the US? Most of the youtube videos of the bike have foreign language comments.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

ADINSX posted:

Seconding that, that thing is fantastic.

I didn't realize CZ made motorcycles, I only know them as a gun manufacturer. Are you in the US? Most of the youtube videos of the bike have foreign language comments.

Is it the same CZ as the gun mfr? Must be.

Husqvarna used to make guns.

I don’t think Benelli bikes and guns are the same company though.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Is it the same CZ as the gun mfr? Must be.

The logo is the same at least.

Don't even think about throwing that thing away OP, put it on craigslist if you have to some one will be glad to take it.

I think as a general rule of thumb if you find any remotely salvageable vehicle older than say 50 years, someone out there's probably desperate for it.

Piney
Oct 14, 2003
Bike's located in Norway - thanks for the input guys! I'll try avoid sending it to the scrap yard :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Any idea what's with the red cross on the front fender?