Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You have 32 Ability Points You will be starting at level 3, you will 0 magic items, you may multi-class, any non-official race or class is allowed, but may be changed if they're over-shadowing other characters. You start with 2 adventurer tier potions, and 2 adventurer tier oils.Do not fill out your Icon's these will be invented through play. Include Time Zones please, and when you'd be available on this https://www.when2meet.com/?7793796-Smucd .

Here is our discord: https://discord.gg/8ceT5P7

and here is our roll20: https://app.roll20.net/join/4587250/VWXqXw

Character Creation Rules, Class lists, AND MORE: [url]http://www.13thagesrd.com/character-rules/[/url]

Before we get started, I'm a big believer of draw maps and leave blanks, if the story seems vague or generic please feel free to spice it up with your character!

Sessions will be recorded! I am doing a let's play of 13th age for the forums, there might be an audience (No guarantees,) but if there is, their 1input will effect the game!

NEW PLAYERS ARE MORE THAN WELCOME!

13th Age Glory to the Undergrowth

The port city of Issiden is a budding center of commerce and trade, the thrice destroyed city now sits proudly on it's shores. The city itself is an ivory mass jutting almost angrily amongst the black sands reaching skywards, for fame and fortune. The city is filled with canals, ocean water directed via magic and architecture separating the many blocks and districts. The people of Issiden are varied, though united in their ambitions. No-one comes to Issiden wanting a quiet life and to settle down, but rather to make coin and prove their worth. Issiden has a local Colosseum, a place where different contests and performances are given. Anyone can sign up or rent in the Colosseum, though slots are hotly debated and fought over. Freedom of choice is important in Issiden, and it's laws try to express that. Their justices go out of their way to follow the spirit of the law, if not the letter, causing a lot of law trials to be more about being popular and well liked, rather than the actual crime at hand.

The local adventurer's league in Issiden is dying, forcing to compete with cut throat mercenaries, and the cities own royal guard, people simply don't need adventurers anymore. You personally, are one of the last 5 adventurers left. Be you a new recruit, a grizzled veteran, or somewhere in between, you've decided to work for the Adventurer's League. You are given food, shelter, and provisions are provided for your various missions. Issiden Adventurer's League, (or the IAL as it's called,) is unaffiliated with any icon, and tries to remain neutral in the various conflicts that pop up between them. That doesn't mean they won't take a job to clear out demons from the Knights of the Black Crusader, or grab a shady package for the Prince of Shadows "associates," but it does mean that they spread the love around. Most factions know that the IAL are neutral, and treat them with a somewhat weary eye.

TL;Dr? You are members of a defunct adventurer's league, in a city that has been destroyed and rebuilt 3 times over the last 100 years. The game will be focusing on smaller inter-personal conflicts between the icons and factions You create. You'll be playing a mostly neutral group trying to bring back the Adventurer's League into greatness, but watch out something sinister lurks in the bowels of Issiden. Children are going missing, and local traders have been complaining about scratch marks on the door. Gondoliers also hear loud and strange banging in the middle of the night, a cross between cries of glee, and explosions...

You as a character do not have to be neutral of course! Please do not feel curtailed in any way by this bit of backstory, but rather use it (or ignore it,) as you see fit. Just make sure you work for the IAL so that I have a centralized way of getting you all together. If you have any questions about the setting you'd like me to expand on go ahead

I will try to schedule games around everyone's schedule. So regardless of time zone, please feel free to sign up, and I'll try to accommodate you.

Ugh I forgot to ask this, but put down when you'd like to play or are available. Include Time Zones please!

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 00:00 on May 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
Posting interest, played this once before. Thinking an Eldritch Knight who traded away his voice.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Hey there, I am interested but I am a bit confused if you are doing live sessions on Roll20 per week or like a play-by-post type on Roll20? Mostly I ask since I'm in New Zealand and live sessions tend to be a bit more challenging to organise time around. Thank you!

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Merilan posted:

Hey there, I am interested but I am a bit confused if you are doing live sessions on Roll20 per week or like a play-by-post type on Roll20? Mostly I ask since I'm in New Zealand and live sessions tend to be a bit more challenging to organise time around. Thank you!

Live sessions through text! So no voice recording or anything like that. I've got a lot of free time on my hands, so I don't mind doing a game at 2 in the morning our time or whatever.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Apr 22, 2019

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
I would be interested as well, but I work retail and thus don't have a nice consistent schedule, so if we have to meet the same time every week I probably won't be able to pull it off.

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde
I'm interested. I'll think more about a character when it isn't right before bedtime for me.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I have always wanted to try 13th age, but same issues with scheduling. Put me down as a tentative and I’ll take a look at character building just in case it works out for me.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
I had a silly idea of an Occultist that's just a lazy princess who just stands and yells at people during combat.

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
Ok changed my thought a bit. Thinking a swordmage, who was an aspiring artist. But he was a peasant and got conscripted into the local nobles wars, managed to survive a bit, got smashed down and left to die in one battle. Made a pact with a falling star and traded his voice to survive. Wields a spear and has a thing against nobles, turned to adventuring to fill out his sketchbook

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I'm at work (and had never heard of 13th Age prior to you posting this in the SA Pro Elite Gamers discord), but I'm tempted to try. I'll have to look over the rules and stuff later tonight, but it's got a race that seems like a fantasy robot/golem (Forgeborn) and a Barbarian class that doesn't look like complete rear end (ed: or a Monk?), so it's real tempting to play the fantasy-era robot version of Randy Savage...

Zaodai fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Apr 22, 2019

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's made by a bunch of D&D 4e designers who went and made their own game instead of working on 5e, it's very familiar, if you need help with anything, just ask

I love all these character concepts by the way, Goons have the best character designs.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

The character I had in mind would be some sweetie who's running an orphanage but has some shady or violent stuff in her past and wants to just remain and take care of her kids but guild business and past ties keep dragging her back to that life. Could do a whole range of classes with that concept depending on what's needed!

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

It's made by a bunch of D&D 4e designers who went and made their own game instead of working on 5e, it's very familiar, if you need help with anything, just ask

I love all these character concepts by the way, Goons have the best character designs.

I was going to have it be his lower jaw and stuff and been smashed off and replaced with crystal by the star, but I couldn't find any good art for a spearman covering part of their face so it'll just be it replaced his tongue when it took his voice. Now, it can sing among its brethren again in the heavens.

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde
I'm thinking about a failed adventurer who became disillusioned with the job after running afoul of a mercenary group. Or being taken under the wing of one. Maybe both. He's much younger than that makes him sound. He was actually back home, working in his family's bakery when a friend from Adventurer's League gave him a job offer. It didn't take much convincing for him to accept. He tries to play the cynical veteran, but even he knows it's an act.

DeTosh fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Apr 23, 2019

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Posting to remind myself I'm interested :v:

I played a chaos mage in a PbP years ago, I think there's still some life left in him. Or I'll have a proper look at the premise when I'm not at work and see if anything comes to mind

e: maybe something like a Forgeborn Commander who's been in the league so long he's basically inventory now.

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Apr 23, 2019

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011

Name: Yarol
Class: Swordmage (+2 CON)
Race: Human (+2 INT)
Level: 3

Abilities
STR: 16 (+3)
DEX: 10 (+0)
CON: 18 (+4)
INT: 16 (+3)
WIS: 10 (+0)
CHA: 10 (+0)

HP: 55/55
Recoveries: 8/8 3d8+4

AC: 18
PD: 16
MD: 15
Initiative: +3

Icon Relationships:

Background:
Constant Sketcher +5
Before conscripted into the lords army, Yarol was a peasant in a backwater town. His family and their farm did well, leaving Yarol with free time to pursue drawing. Precious earned coined bought rough paper and charcoal, but his sketches had a life of their own. After his change, he continued to draw and sketch the things he saw in his adventures. The pack on his back is full of these sketches and on his belt lies a quickly accessed pen and book to commit what he sees to paper. (Art, Drawing, etc.)

Peasant Soldier +3
Conscription was hell, but Yarol survived. He grew strong but also hardy, taking the long marches and miserable conditions in stride. The "meals" the lord provided were barely enough to get by on, so he learned to hunt and forage off the land. Any injuries, torn clothing, or broken equipment was left to the peasants to fix. So Yarol did. (Soldering/War, basic first aid and repair)

Silent Spearman +3
After he traded his voice to live, Yarol escaped the battlefield and left to range far and wide, sketching and capturing the world in his artwork. He took small jobs defending the underclass to survive, often paid only in goods or food. But that was enough for him. What little coin he did earn went to more sketching supplies. All he needed was a spear, his sketchbook, and an open road. (Worldly knowledge from his adventures, good rep with underclass)

One Unique Thing
Traded his voice to a falling star to survive. It took his tongue and left its own as it returned to sing in the heavens, but its presence infused him with celestial magic. Now he uses its gift for his own. The star crystal tongue shines brightly, forcing him keep his mouth closed at almost all times.

Feats

Linguist

Adventurer Tier: This feat allows you to speak enough arcana, dwarven, elven, gnomish, gnoll, goblin, orcish, and other standard humanoid languages to comprehend enough of what most other humanoids are saying or screaming during battle. You are not fluent in all these languages, no one will mistake you for a native speaker, and your vocabulary is adventurer-centric (heavy on words connected to danger rather than philosophy or emotions).

Reach Tricks
Once per battle, tell the GM how you are using your weapon’s reach to perform an unexpected stunt with a reach weapon such as a longspear or halberd. To use the stunt, you must roll a 6+ on a d20.

Features

Quick to Fight (Racial Power)

At the start of each battle, roll initiative twice and choose the result you want.

Blade Magic

Swordmages use arcane magic, similar to Wizards and Sorcerers. However, their magic is fused with their fighting style.

All swordmage spells are arcane spells. A wizard or a blue dragon can counter them with their Counter-magic ability.
You use melee weapons as implements, which means you gain the attack and damage bonus of a true magic item weapon with your spells.
Spells tagged as “melee attack” work like a melee attack. By default, the target is one enemy you are engaged with. The spell does not provoke opportunity attacks.
For spell damage, the number of WEAPON damage dice you roll is always your swordmage level, regardless of the spell level. Some spells add additional damage that depends on the spell level.
You can switch your known spells after each full heal-up, when you prepare your spells for the day. If you like, you can have your character carry a spellbook, but that’s up to you and how swordmage magic is flavored in your campaign.

Mage Armor

You gain a +5 bonus to your unarmored base armor class, for a total of 15. This is already reflected in the Swordmage stats tables.
When your off-hand is empty (i.e. when you are not using a shield, an off-hand weapon or a two-handed weapon) you gain a +1 bonus to AC by directing the magic of your mage armor like an invisible shield.

Talents

Infused Body

Your body has been destroyed and rebuilt by magic in the past. You can still appear natural, if you wish, but you have at least one unnatural feature, like chrystalline eyes or sparkling hair.
Whenever you cast a spell that is not an at-will spell, you also heal hit points equal to your Constitution modifier (x2 at 5th level, x3 at 8th). You gain any hit points above your maximum as temporary hit points that stack.
Adventurer feat: Heal extra hit points equal to the spell level.

Sigil Mastery

You learn one additional sigil (see class features), for a total of two at adventurer tier, three at champion tier and four at epic tier.
Adventurer feat: Gain the adventurer feat benefit of any sigil you cast.

Wandering Swordmage

You have been traveling the land, lending your sword to those in need for a bowl of soup and a place to rest.
You gain a 3 point background to represent your knowledge of the land, and you have the Linguist feat for free
Once per day, when fighting a named enemy, you can make a skill check to recall legends and stories about the creature against a DC of 15 + its level. If you succeed, increase the escalation die by 1..
Adventurer feat: When making a skill check to identify a magic item, roll twice and take the better result.

Sigils

Blurring Sigil
Interrupt action; At-will

Trigger: The marked enemy makes an attack against an ally, and that attack does not also target you.
Effect: The aegis target must roll twice on the attack and take the lower result.
Adventurer feat: If either attack roll is a natural 1, you can force the target to attack its own ally with the higher roll.

Sigil of Blood
Interrupt action; At-will

Trigger: The marked enemy makes an attack against an ally, and that attack does not also target you.
Effect: Deal negative energy damage equal to Constitution modifier (x2 at 5th level; x3 at 8th) + level to the attacker, and heal hit points equal to that amount.
Adventurer feat: If you are at full hit points, you can grant the healing to any nearby ally.

Quornes fucked around with this message at 22:45 on May 4, 2019

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I forgot to post this in the OP but when you've got some time, post the time zone / times you would be available.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Actually converting your time zone to gmt -08:00 (PST) and then filling out blocks on this when2meet would be way easier

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Apr 25, 2019

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
I'm definitely interested. I've read the 13th Age rulebook a few years ago and while I liked the ideas it lays down I never had the chance to actually play it. I'm kind of torn between making a young naive bard with dreams of the legendary heroes and some kind of grumbling old hard-rear end who used to be a big shot in the IAL but now just sits around getting drunk and pining for the glory days.

Time zone: ADT (GMT -3)
Available: 3 PM except Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Sundays.
edit: added to when2meet

Hardcordion fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 24, 2019

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
CST (GMT -5, all times listed are GMT), Sunday - Thursday between 8pm and 1am, Friday after 8pm, Saturdays are wide open, but my early morning job means I shouldn't gently caress up my sleep by staying up too late.

Don't have a picture yet, OUT is probably on the extreme end

Name: Katerina
Class: "Occultist"
Race: Aasimar (+2 WIS)

One Unique Thing: I am the runaway bastard daughter of the Emperor (and I don't know my mother might be a goddess / other Icon)

Abilities
STR: 8 (-1)
DEX: 10 (+0)
CON: 12 (+1)
INT: 18 (+4)
WIS: 16 (+3)
CHA: 16 (+3)

HP: 35/.35
Recoveries: 8/8 3d6+1

AC: 15
PD: 13
MD: 17
Initiative: +3

Icon Relationships:
???

Background:
+4 Divine Fortune
+3 Embroidered History
+1 Damsel in Distress

Features
Note: Most Features and Talants will be refluffed to be divine/luck/command based in play.

Arcane Implements - Wands and Staffs

Delayed Magical Healing - Healing on me from magical/potion sources is delayed by 1 round

Focus and Spellcasting - Standard Action to Focus, provokes opportunity attacks. Spells are interrupt actions and usually consume Focus
--Adventurer Feat, +2 defenses until SoNT when spell retains Focus

Rebuke - Always have access to Karmic Rebuke spell

Uniqueness - You're the only occultist I don't know if I'm the only occultist. I don't even know I'm an occultist!

Flexible Recharge - Upon recharge, may swap spell for another of same level.

Talents

Brain-Melting Secrets - One target I hit with a psychic damage spell cannot target me to attack on their turn, unless I'm the only nearby.

Hewer of Truth - Can used edge melee weapons without penalty, using Intelligence for attack and Wisdom for damage. When I hit an engaged enemy with a spell, my weapon inflicts my melee miss damage as ongoing.
Adventurer Feat - 2/day, when an engaged enemy misses me, deal Wis+Lv ongoing damage.

Otherworld Shadow - 1/day as interrupt, negate all damage and effects from one enemy's attacks this turn.

Stance of Necessity - 2/day as quick action, gain +4 to all defenses while I do not have Focus. Lasts until end of battle or I'm hit while I do not have Focus
--Adventurer Feat: Can use this talent on a nearby ally instead. Bonus ends if they get hit while I do not have Focus as well.

Spells
Assign after long rest. Always have Karmic Rebuke as well. 21st and 33rd slots.

Aiming for defense/support themed spells. All of them are interrupts, gotta use that Focus fast!

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 25, 2019

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

I put my available times in whentomeet, but essentially (in PST instead of my atlantic time GMT-3) it's any day except Wednesday 3-8:30 or so, Friday any time after 3, and on the weekends whenever you want.

My character I had in mind was Sissy Stickyfingers, an endlessly optimistic gnome rogue whose family of artificers and alchemists have been dying off to more and more unbelievable 'accidents'. She has no idea if her family contracted a curse or pissed the Powers That Be off in a major way, but hey, she's not in the family bizz! She put her nimble hands to tasks with more glory on the line for the IAL! Surely whatever is hounding her family to extinction wouldn't have any issues with her, right..? Right...

It's been a while since I've played 13th age, but her OUT is something to the effect of being the sole heiress (and remaining engineer) to a family of inventors' patents that helped to shape the infrastructure of this oft rebuilt city

Edit:

Name: Sissy Stickyfingers
Class: Rogue (+2 CHA)
Race: Gnome (+2 DEX)

Abilities
STR: 10 (+0)
DEX: 18 (+4)
CON: 12 (+1)
INT: 14 (+2)
WIS: 8 (-1)
CHA: 18 (+4)

HP: 35/35
Recoveries: 8/8 3d8+1

AC: 16
PD: 16
MD: 15
Initiative: +7

Icon Relationships:

Background:
Your Own Individualized 'Napper of Knickknacks (or YOINK) +5
Originally, the YOINK was something Sissy designed to help her get into the roguish career, but as her family's trademark sticky fingers got to work, she realized the title was more something that was an extension of herself. Sound dampening shoes and gloves that help the good stuff from an unknowing target's pockets, the YOINK is her name for her gear she invented directly related to theft. [Comes from the Thievery Rogue Talent]

Stickyfinger Artificer +4
Sissy was undoubtedly the worst artificer in the family (and she can't even do alchemy at all) as of a year ago... But that's no longer the case she thinks. Among common standards she's at least an adequate inventor, but most of her inventions aren't revolutionary infrastructure or quality of life innovations her family are known for, just things to advance her own selfish interests or otherwise for kicks. She can still read a schematic though!

Social Butterfly +2
Benefits of not being a shut-in nerd like her late family, she loves to chat. Possibly too much considering her line of work actually... She loves hanging out with people and her endlessly optimistic viewpoint can either be mildly annoying or a breath of fresh air depending on the targets disposition. Not that she knows or cares, she's just trying to make sure everyone's having a good time.

Amateur Survivalist +2
You learn a lot when your family is hunted and you go to ground! You learn how to catch the tasty fish in the river, how to make a shelter in a rainstorm, how to find edible plants when you can't buy food! Many useful adventuring skills to keep yourself alive in a pinch!

One Unique Thing
Sissy's famous family of Stickyfinger Alchemists and Artificers have been hunted to nigh extinction through a series of increasingly unlikely 'accidents', leaving her the sole heir to their many revolutionary inventions and patents, not that she has any intent on using them. She's definitely not a target of anything...

Features
Momentum
Many of the rogue’s powers function only when the rogue has momentum.
You gain momentum by hitting an enemy with an attack.
You lose momentum when you are hit by an attack.
The default is that you can use momentum powers without losing momentum, but a few powers specify that you must spend your momentum to use them. You don’t have to use attacks that require momentum against the foe you hit to gain that momentum.
Momentum powers that do not require you to spend your momentum are generally classified as interrupt actions. You can only use one interrupt action a round, which keeps your momentum powers from dominating the battle.

Sneak Attack
Once per round when you make a rogue melee weapon attack against an enemy engaged with one or more of your allies, you can deal extra damage if your attack hits.
Current Damage: 1d6

Autonomous Hazard Aegis (Or AHA!, reskinned Trap Sense)
In order to keep Sissy and whoever she was working with alive in dangerous situations, she created the AHA! Essentially it's a little disc that detects common trap trigger mechanisms and alerts Sissy in time enough to get herself out of the way.
If a rogue’s skill check involving a trap is a natural even failure, the rogue can reroll the skill check once. If a trap’s attack roll against a rogue is a natural odd roll, the rogue can force the trap to reroll the attack once.

Talents
Portable Outer-dimensional Projector (or POP, reskinned Shadow Walk)
Sissy uses this unstable machine to quickly pop (hence the name) into an adjacent dimension and use it to get the drop on her opponents by reappearing in a more advantageous position. It probably won't even drop her off in the Void one day with nowhere to go! Probably!
You gain the Shadow Walk at-will power:
As a move action before you have used your standard action this turn, if you are not engaged, you can make the following ‘attack’ against all nearby enemies, targeting the enemy among them with the highest Mental Defense.
Attack: Charisma + Level vs. MD
Hit: Remove yourself from play. At the start of your next turn, return anywhere nearby that you could have moved to normally during your turn, and deal double damage with your first rogue attack that turn.
Miss: No effect. You can’t attempt to shadow walk again until your next turn, but you still have your standard action this turn.
Adventurer Feat On a miss, you can still use your move action normally (but still can’t shadow walk this turn).

Smooth Talk
Once per day, convince your GM with an amazing line of patter while you are using social skills to speak or interact with NPCs associated with a particular icon. If the GM is convinced by your patter, roll a normal save (11+). If you succeed, for the rest of the day you can function as if you have a 2-point positive relationship with the icon who seems to be in play. Thanks to your amazing gift of gab, for a short time, it’s more or less true. (Note that these points replace any points you normally have with the icon rather than adding to them.)
Failure on the Smooth Talk save generally arouses suspicions.
Adventurer Feat Add your Charisma modifier to your Smooth Talk save rolls.

Your Own Individualized 'Napper of Knickknacks (or, YOINK, reskinned Thievery)
You have the Thief (in this case, YOINK) background at its full possible bonus of +5, without having to spend your normal background points on it.
Adventurer Feat Regardless of your level, you gain the bonus power thief’s strike in addition to your normal number of powers.

Powers
Evasive Strike
Melee attack
At-Will

Target: One enemy
Attack: Dexterity + Level vs. AC
Hit: WEAPON + Dexterity damage, and you can pop free from the target.
Miss: Damage equal to your level.

Flying Blade
Ranged attack
At-Will

Special: You must use a small bladed weapon with this attack.
Target: One nearby creature
Hit: WEAPON + Dexterity damage, and if your natural attack roll is even and one of your allies is engaged with the target, you can use your Sneak Attack damage for the round.

Roll With It
Momentum power
At-Will
(once per round)
Interrupt action; requires momentum
Trigger: A melee attack that targets AC hits you.
Effect: You take half damage from that attack.

Sure Cut
Melee attack
At-Will

Special: You must have momentum and be able to deal your Sneak Attack damage to the target if you hit.
Hit: WEAPON + Dexterity damage.
Miss: Deal your Sneak Attack damage + damage equal to your level.

Tumbling Strike
Melee attack
At-Will

Always: You gain a +5 bonus to all disengage checks you attempt this turn. You can also move to engage an enemy, make this attack against it, and then use a quick action to attempt to disengage from it (the quick action disengage lets you move again if you succeed).
Hit: WEAPON + Dexterity damage.

Thief’s Strike
Note: This is a bonus 3rd-level power for rogues with the Thievery talent. Other rogues can choose it if they like.
Melee attack
At-Will

Attack: Dexterity + Level vs. PD
Hit: Half of WEAPON + Dexterity damage (including Sneak Attack damage if any), and roll a normal save. If you succeed, you can pickpocket an item from the target that they are not holding. (If you roll 16+, the target doesn’t realize you pickpocketed them.)
Miss:

Jade Mage fucked around with this message at 02:39 on May 5, 2019

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
I have to ask; if you’re already planning on having text-only sessions, why can’t we just have asynchronous play via Discord? If you’re using the game as material for an LP, you could post updated with a collection of player activity after significant events, combats, etc. Also, it doesn’t matter how big the potential audience would be if you can’t get 5 people together.

If this does go asynchronous, put me down for a Rogue, specifically the Rebel transformation from 13th Age: Glorantha. EDIT: oh hi gnome rogue; didn’t see you there, sorry. Because gnomes are short.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mostly because I personally don't like it. I already have a day where 3 people can do it, and that's the bare minimum I need. On top of that, having a specific day for it makes it less likely for people to drop out. I'm going to be using Roll20 a lot because it's a virtual whiteboard with a hex grid and dice roller. There's also going to be an audience voting on monsters, icons, magic items, and quests, this will be easier to remember and run if we have a specific day for it. Finally, there is a tit for tat that happens in live play, you don't get asynchronously. I don't want to be chasing people down to get them to do their turn.

e: basically, I'm going to take the posts you write in character, rip out any of the OOC and post it in the LP subforum like any other screenshot LP (with little token's when you talk. and using your actions to write the update.) It's like an actual play but for people who like to read.

e2:If people really want it, I'l acquiesce, but it makes me real nervous, because I've had a ton of stuff I worked on die, because people just lost interest a couple months out of signing up.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Apr 25, 2019

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

I'd prefer synchronous for much the same reason of l like the tit for tat. But if the means of the game is the forums as it seems to be, it would likely be a lot of mashing f5 and making sure you're the most recent post wouldn't it? I have never done a synchronous forum game though.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The game would take place on Roll20, then I open the chat logs, and create the LP post from the roll20 chat logs.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Turtlicious posted:

The game would take place on Roll20, then I open the chat logs, and create the LP post from the roll20 chat logs.

Sounds good to me!

Edit: Finished Sissy and edited it into my first post!

Jade Mage fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 25, 2019

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Entered my availability times but would like to note that I probably couldn't do every Saturday/Sunday. It really depends on my week-to-week plans. Generally Saturdays would be slightly worse than Sundays.

If I end up being the dealbreaker I'm okay with sitting this one out :)

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I normally do 4 hour session, I don't know if that's standard, but we've got 4.5 people down for 10pm pst - 2am pst. or if other people think that's way too long for elf games, 2 hours from 12am to 2 am. Let me know what you guys think.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Entered my availability times but would like to note that I probably couldn't do every Saturday/Sunday. It really depends on my week-to-week plans. Generally Saturdays would be slightly worse than Sundays.

If I end up being the dealbreaker I'm okay with sitting this one out :)

What if your character had A Curse, that phases them out of existence, randomly. Just *pop* one minute you're there, the next your not. If you're down with that, or some other IC reason I'm super down with that.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

I entered mine too, but I think if people want to start at a saner time than 10 PM I'd totally understand. :)

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Oh crap I put my times down for GMT time instead of PST, I need to fix that...that would change a lot.

Edited: okay mines fixed

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Apr 26, 2019

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde
I'm going to have to withdraw interest. There's a lot more happening on my end than I expected, and I'm not going to be able to keep up with a schedule. Sorry. Hope you all have fun.

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
So looks like only three full character sheets and no time zone pick yet

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I see 4 for Saturday 3-7pm PST, so how about that for everyone?

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Turtlicious posted:

I see 4 for Saturday 3-7pm PST, so how about that for everyone?

Works for me!

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
So uh, where we gonna meet up? You got a roll 20 thing setup yet? Discord or some other chat program to better poke each other?

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
Works for me, should do a discord

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've got a discord and a roll20 set up.

https://discord.gg/8ceT5P7

https://app.roll20.net/join/4587250/VWXqXw

I'll be posting youtube links in discord (Or possibly in roll20 chat) for music during the game.

e: I thought I had posted the discord in the op but apparently i didn't lol, my b.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Hope y'all have fun but that's starting at something like midnight for me, so I'm gonna have to pass. But like I said, if a time works for everyone else, that's cool with me.