Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss

Manifisto posted:

that looks really cool! blender has an awful lot of stuff in it that is not primarily modeling based/dependent, for example the kinds of effects you're talking about could be realized with particle systems which have become a lot more powerful with the node-based particles, along with things like force fields and so on. there's certainly something to be said for a more streamlined/focused tool which lets you get up to speed quicker however!

Yeah, that sounds rad! I'd like to do that kind of stuff (I've been reading about how it's a very in-demand skill right now plus I've always enjoyed working on the lightning and atmospherics in art), I'm using Effekseer right now specifically because it's what's used by RPG Maker MZ which I'm still putting together a game in, but I'll need to transition to Blender at some point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papa Was A Video Toaster

im the magnum dong

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

same but bong

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Khanstant

Tipps posted:

I had an art binge a few weeks ago and made things in Blender, including an aviar

I learned a lot about shaders

And made this beefy asgore for the amusement of a tumblr mutual

I started learning 2d/3d cg art almost exactly 2y ago and it's been a good new hobby in these troubled times :unsmith:

awesome