Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

America is cool and all but it's a long way away!

This was in Austria with my family, great views for something so accessible. You get a cable car up the mountain then do a short loop at the top. There were quite a few people doing the via ferrata as well, you can see some of them at the top here and part of the path:

good views for something my aunt can do

I also did some snowshoing in the Pyrenees recently which was a bit more adventurous, I'll post pictures later, the landscape was dramatically better than anything I've seen in the UK. I'm sure other goons have done cool stuff so show off here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham
I was in Cornwall doing a section of the South West Coastal Path over Easter weekend, this was somewhere near Tintagel:

I'm heading up to the Torridon Hills in the Scottish Highlands soon, for a week long hike in which I plan to bag several Monroes, weather permitting. I'll report back with some photos!

Hiking in the UK owns. Even some of the most remote areas are still pretty well serviced by the public transport network which boggles mind completely.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Rozzbot posted:

I was in Cornwall doing a section of the South West Coastal Path over Easter weekend, this was somewhere near Tintagel:

I'm heading up to the Torridon Hills in the Scottish Highlands soon, for a week long hike in which I plan to bag several Monroes, weather permitting. I'll report back with some photos!

Hiking in the UK owns. Even some of the most remote areas are still pretty well serviced by the public transport network which boggles mind completely.

Nice! I'm in the Highlands right now. Agree that the accessibility is nice, but it also means that there are few wild places in the UK. Even the Highlands are mostly grouse farms.

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham
You're right, there are no truly wild and untouched places, but Britain is a relatively small island that has been inhabited by people since the Stone age so its not surprising that there are signs of human influence everywhere.

However, there are still a lot of places that are both spectacular and remote to the extent that you are unlikely to encounter any other people! It's an accessible kind of remoteness, which I love.

I had fantastic weather yesterday so I was able to head up one of the Monroes of the area, Beinn Liath Mhor, and then set up camp in the hills. I only saw one other person all day and he was some mad bastard running along the ridge line.

The weather today (and likely tomorrow) has been very wet with little visibility so I've been walking down in the valleys and pitched up at a Campsite. Luckily though, in Britain, no matter how far away from civilisation you might be, there's always a pub near by!

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I'll just link my post from my log as I went on my first hike this year and took some nice pictures there

The place is in the Bernese Oberland all the way back of the Simmental in the Alps.

Helios Grime posted:

Went hiking and had a nice time. Hope I didn't fatigue my legs too much for squat day tomorrow.

I am now inhaling all the leftover food at home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Helios Grime posted:

I'll just link my post from my log as I went on my first hike this year and took some nice pictures there

The place is in the Bernese Oberland all the way back of the Simmental in the Alps.

The water in these is gorgeous