Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Celexi posted:

I thought this was the new tesla thread

no no this is 'firefucks' you're looking for firetrucks down the hall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
firefucks, i.e. what your tesla attempts to do, sometimes involving firetrucks

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
ublock icon is back

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Suspicious posted:

yeah, the goatman is not a shock image. it's a picture of an old friend

Not anymore it's not, it's been replaced with some kind of cryptocurrency scam.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

how do I pihole? do I need a raspberry pi? which one?

can I just run it as a service on an existing compute?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Rex-Goliath posted:

no no this is 'firefucks' you're looking for firetrucks down the hall

:golfclap:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

looks like you dn't need a raspberry pi, just a linux

https://docs.pi-hole.net/main/prerequesites/#supported-operating-systems

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
breaking dns to own the advertisers

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

infernal machines posted:

breaking dns to own the advertisers

worth it imo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/ygGFtyy.mp4

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

it really depends on whether or not you leave your computer on. I think the point of putting it on a pi is that it doesn’t guzzle power 24/7 compared to x86 gear.

and if you do leave your computer on, you can just put it on a Docker image and run that in the background. hell, run the Docker image on the rpi if you’re using that. it’s better than installing it because if you break it, it’s containerized.

i do run it my computer 24/7 since the computer and it runs well. it has a lower total max tdp than my old graphics card, so why not? it’s basically an extremely overpowered NAS/router at this point.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I think my Mac mini uses about 10w at idle so I might just do that

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Laslow posted:

it really depends on whether or not you leave your computer on. I think the point of putting it on a pi is that it doesn’t guzzle power 24/7 compared to x86 gear.

and if you do leave your computer on, you can just put it on a Docker image and run that in the background. hell, run the Docker image on the rpi if you’re using that. it’s better than installing it because if you break it, it’s containerized.

i do run it my computer 24/7 since the computer and it runs well. it has a lower total max tdp than my old graphics card, so why not? it’s basically an extremely overpowered NAS/router at this point.

if you have a synology nas you are using that supports docker, you can do that.

i deployed pihole on my synology since it's always running anyways, and docker made it super easy.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

dont post gifs of people dying

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

what about mp4s

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

oh dont do that either

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Laslow posted:

run the Docker image on the rpi if you’re using that. it’s better than installing it because if you break it, it’s containerized.

can you actually run docker things on a rpi ?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

depends on what you mean by "run"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
blows my mind that NAS devices are running docker now