Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The sun season is upon us, as such it is time to revive the Wednesday Night Skyline Drives, and all the weekend shenanigans. Being that we are in the second year of this endeavor there are a few changes:

This app is required from all drivers: https://www.driveoctane.com/. It will help us keep better track of the participants so we do not have to worry about people getting lost, or wrecking and no one noticing.
There is a now a slight restriction on vehicles: No SUVS, no Trucks. It is limited to sedans, hot hatches, wagons, coupes, sports cars. With everything that I have to worry about, a car that is too tall and could roll pretty easily is not what I want to have to worry about anymore.
There will be no more drives on lovely Cascade Mtn. range roads, that was a mistake.
There is now a points system to help deter any unwanted driving situations. 3 points and you will be sidelined for the season. Here are the following offense's that accrue points:
    No racing on single lane roads, by racing I mean two cars side by side.
    Passing in unsafe areas. Everyone is driving their own pace, wait till a safe place to pass (straights is the only correct answer to this).
    If you are passing someone flash them your high beams, that person will facilitate a safe pass by slowing down. If you do not that is a point. (edit: if you do not flash your highs, and if the other driver does not slow down)
    Dick Measuring is a point.
    Putting someones ride down (other than your own) is a point.
    Burnouts, point.
    I also reserve the right to issue a point for any poo poo that draws unnecessary attention to us. Our goal is to rip down some backroads, not get tickets, and not crash.

I will only update this to add the event titles so that everyone may find them on the app.

I am a little wary posting our drive info on an app that is public, so depending on what happens we might change the meeting process.

Here is a google map of our Wednesday Drives:

https://goo.gl/maps/dxCFYBJRVrgd4s9j8

We usually leave the Chevron parking lot at 6:30.

Lord of Garbagemen fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

We usually leave the Chevron parking lot at 6:30.

Is that AM or PM? Hoping it’s AM!

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Pm . We occasionally do stuff on weekends as well. Those are always in the am to avoid any other cars on the road.

Oshata Hyotesti
Sep 27, 2003
Ultros
I’m down to come again! How do we track you down on the app?

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Oshata Hyotesti posted:

I’m down to come again! How do we track you down on the app?

I don't think it has a friend's function at this time. It's pulls events based on distance from you, likely will post events here, than make the event for thirty minutes so everyone knows where to go. Still wary about posting them on a public app.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

It's like half car clubby, half wanna be HDPE rules. Have fun and don't hurt other folks in the process on public roads.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

There will be no more drives on lovely Cascade Mtn. range roads, that was a mistake.

Thank loving god. I'm not sure my kidneys could take it.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

I am installing this app.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Has there been a meet in 2021?

I wanna get al least one in.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I am also down

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I'm not sure I can spare time for a drive - anyone want to meet at McMenamins for dinner, maybe before a drive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I'd be down for dinner/drive whatever.