Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

marijuanamancer posted:

its the first step mj took, it is the process that has worked before

i have no problem with legalizing and regulating drugs, including shrooms (lol)

the war on drugs is a nightmare that needs to end

i just think people in the thread should know that's not what this initiative did

top of page note: denver decriminalized marijuana in 2005 and the state legalized it in 2012. this ballot initiative was the like the former, not the latter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

LabyaMynora posted:

It's funny, it's like with so many other places legalizing weed, Denver needed something else to keep the drug tourist $$$ flowing in.

Come to Denver for the legal weed mushrooms. :2bong:

It's not legalized it's just officially a non issue.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
That owns

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo2SNtFofWI

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i took walks in civic center park every day from 2013 to like early last year and steadily evolved to a fema camp run by bam margera. the only good thing about other states legalizing weed is that maybe the loving bums will go back to cali.

i cant imagine what legalized shrooms would do to those same crusters who like to harass people.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

RaySmuckles posted:

anti-camping bans were passed as a reactionary measure against the great ape-snake war. they have since been used almost exclusively to target and harass homeless people

those homeless people exist already. they're not going anywhere. "right to survive" just reduces the amount of targeted oppression from police. saying "its cool they don't camp all over downtown" ignores the struggle these people face every day. there aren't enough shelters and people already just sleep wherever they can. you're not reducing homelessness, you're just oppressing them out of sight which is hosed up.

its going to cost the state a bunch of money anyway because the 9th circuit court of appeals just set the precedent that anti-camping bans are unconstitutional so get ready for the state to pay out the rear end in legal fees to lose a fight over this.

criminalizing homelessness is morally and legally wrong

They hosed up and made it too broad imo. I agree with you, but there could have been some middle ground that didn't involve letting people just set up camp almost anywhere. I didn't vote on it but I think it would have caused a lot of problems. Homeless sweeps were objectively worse though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

veni veni veni posted:

They hosed up and made it too broad imo. I agree with you, but there could have been some middle ground that didn't involve letting people just set up camp almost anywhere. I didn't vote on it but I think it would have caused a lot of problems. Homeless sweeps were objectively worse though.

thats a good point doesnt winter here just freeze bums dead anyway?