Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I love AoS but the book looked super cheesy on the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Oasx posted:

It was a very cheap looking show but we all came to terms with that years ago.

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Wake up and smell the psychosis!\

Oasx posted:

My husband and I miss the cheap rear end AoS Darkhold prop. It's like a gothy teen going through a wiccan phase made their own book of shadows with the power of sparkle magic and supplies from the local arts and crafts emporium.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Tbh, I thought the Darkhold on AoS looked pretty classy actually. I'd sooner have it on my bookshelf than the one in WandaVision

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Apparently Chole Bennet and Dove Cameron are gonna be Live Action Powerpuff Girls?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

quote:

Cameron will play Bubbles Utonium, whose sweet-girl disposition won America's hearts as a child. She still sparkles as an adult, but her charming exterior belies an unexpected toughness and wit. She’s initially more interested in recapturing her fame than saving the world, but she just might surprise us and herself.[...]

Bennet is set as Blossom Utonium, who, though she was a spunky, conscientious, little-miss-perfect child who holds several advanced degrees, Blossom’s repressed kiddie-superhero trauma has left her feeling anxious and reclusive, and she aims to become a leader again — this time on her own terms.

https://deadline.com/2021/03/the-po...lot-1234709956/

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

I almost forgot about Cameron Dove’s whole subplot from AoS. What a mess that was.

Anyway I’ll watch that garbage.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Oh man for a second I thought this was a movie and figured they would do the Alita Big Eyes thing or something, but its a series and I don't think the budget to make it look even a little cartoony is possible.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Edmund Lava posted:

I almost forgot about Cameron Dove’s whole subplot from AoS. What a mess that was.

I thought it was pretty good actually, though anything would have been good after all those cramped corridor scenes on the space station.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Edmund Lava posted:

Anyway I’ll watch that garbage.

I looked it up her character name and everything on wikipedia and I completely don't remember it at all. I should probably do a full series rewatch soon.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

swickles posted:

Oh man for a second I thought this was a movie and figured they would do the Alita Big Eyes thing or something, but its a series and I don't think the budget to make it look even a little cartoony is possible.

It's the CW. It'll take itself way too seriously and will barely acknowledge the cartoon roots.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Mymla posted:

I looked it up her character name and everything on wikipedia and I completely don't remember it at all. I should probably do a full series rewatch soon.

She was the one who chopped Yo-Yo’s arms and her mom was a Hydra lady who wanted her to get Gravatonium, I think?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

GigaPeon posted:

She was the one who chopped Yo-Yo’s arms and her mom was a Hydra lady who wanted her to get Gravatonium, I think?

She was okay, a bit pinched and whiny, but I really like where they took her in her final episode. That was pretty good.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I remember she chopped Yo Yo’s arms off but that’s literally all I remember of her. Totally drawing a blank trying to remember if she had powers or what her deal was.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Graviton's to blame.

Favorite part of the series was how Omega-class Coulson's deescalation skills were with each conversation.

Sarge excluded because it turns out that wasn't actually Coulson.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Boris Galerkin posted:

I remember she chopped Yo Yo’s arms off but that’s literally all I remember of her. Totally drawing a blank trying to remember if she had powers or what her deal was.

She had unexplained genetic engineering to be the best leader of HYDRA ever which apparently meant good at throwing chakrams. Then she got injected with gravitonium and had gravity powers for a bit

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Piell posted:

She had unexplained genetic engineering to be the best leader of HYDRA ever which apparently meant good at throwing chakrams. Then she got injected with gravitonium and had gravity powers for a bit

I think it was clear that she was an abortive experiment, not a successful one. Her mother's clearly in deep denial about it, but is so obsessed with proving herself to HYDRA that she can't really acknowledge it.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Piell posted:

Which is why Yoyo killed her, she thought she would end being the one to break the Earth apart.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I liked how it showed us there was a secret Hydra academy that everyone went to, and they all were given dogs they had to shoot.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

twistedmentat posted:

I liked how it showed us there was a secret Hydra academy that everyone went to, and they all were given dogs they had to shoot.

Turns out it's just a McKinsey facility and it's where Pete Buttigieg is from.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Season 8 looking good.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Doggles posted:

Season 8 looking good.

I hope Blossom gets to quake Mojo Jojo into space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

gey muckle mowser posted:

I hope Blossom gets to quake Mojo Jojo into space

I am looking forward to Bubbles cutting off his arms.