Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Family Matters

2075, 69 years after Japan seized power in the South and defeated the North Korean regime. Korea stands united, but back under Japanese occupation, as far as a government controls a country these days.

The streets are packed with the usual night crowd. Students in uniform singing in the myriad Karaoke rooms, gruff old men and women shouldering aggressively through the crowd, young and middle-aged men and women sporting multicolored fiberoptic hair and subdermal LED tattoos, all seemingly unaware of anyone outside their particular clique. Dense smoke and smog hang low to the ground, darkening the multitudinous towering apartment buildings and highrises.

As you muscle your way through the crowd, you get an alert, perhaps directly, through a favored fixer (Mr. Kim, as they say here), a general broadcast alert through Jackpoint or, likely, some lesser copycat of it.

{Sender Unknown: }
The client is... interesting on this job. Can't say much without confirmation of job accepted. Standard missing persons/investigation type deal, time sensitive, I expect pay will reflect that. Need to get a confirmation on it quick, though, lots of runners around here, and they're not looking for any more than five, so hop on it if you need something to do and some money to do it with.

GM Notes:
Looking for five, might consider six, depending on character types submitted. I did run a Korea game awhile ago, that regrettably, I abandoned. If that left any hard feelings, I apologize. I'm in a much better time-stable job/life now, so I can run this again to it's conclusion. Updates at least once a day.

I'm setting it in Korea again, new adventure this time that I've run IRL with a group of friends here in Korea. Anything that Catalyst has written regarding Korea (not much, but it's there) is canon, and I've built around that.

Character Creation

You can use any of the standard character creation rules, although I prefer the Priority system. Let me know which you decide to use in your application. All splats are open to you. If you're making something weird like an Insect Shaman, I'm going to need a good reason he/she can run in a group without just murdering them all.

Consider taking Korean or Japanese as a language if your character doesn't know them natively. English is widely spoken, but a lot of written stuff will be easier to navigate by knowing the local language.

Dice Rolling for Character Creation, and the game in general, will be done at orokos.com. Please link any rolls you make to the OOC thread (I'll post after characters are selected, just link it in your character submission for now).

Typical runners:
Most runners in Korea are women. Almost all people are human, as non-humans are usually either shunned (Dwarves, Orcs, Trolls, etc.) or idolized (elves), and as such, rarely show their faces in public. This doesn't mean they don't exist, and you can use any race you wish, including SURGE-based characters. I encourage you to research Korean folklore a bit, a lot of interesting ideas come out of there. Had one player make a Dryad from Namsan, which has become so terribly polluted she went insane and became a toxic mage. Just one of many fun ideas.

Technomancers in Korea are minor celebrities, some are major, if they are big in the Matrix E-Sports scene. Body mods, particularly fashionable ones, are extremely common. Check the houserules section for special changes based on these. Street Samurai are a little more rare, as firearms and melee weapons are much more heavily restricted.

Most magic users are shamans, called Mudang, and are almost exclusively female. They are highly respected and honored in Korea, and would rarely be found running shadows (although disgraced/fallen ones are out there). Christian mages exist as well, although not nearly at their numbers in someplace such as Europe. Hermetic mages are fairly common in academia and megacorps ("common" being a relative term. Mages are still super-rare).

Game world:
Korea is very crowded and quite small. Police/security response tends to be quite prompt. The general public is uninterested in the business of others and are more likely to overlook something unusual, but this can't be counted on in all circumstances.

Matrix connections here are high quality, even on the public grid (houserules will elaborate further).

House Rules
Korea Specific (if the game somehow ends up outside of Korea, these don't apply):

1. Availability for all firearms and any bladed melee weapon goes up a category (i.e. a knife with normal availability becomes Restricted. A pistol that is Restricted becomes Forbidden). Weapons also cost 30% more than book cost.

2. Availability for any type of software drops one category, becoming easier to find. Prices on software are reduced by 30%.

3. Technomancers don't suffer typical stigma if discovered (although they can still attract unwanted attention).

4. Stuffer Shacks (C-Marts) don't require any form of ID.

5. Law enforcement/DocWagon responds in half the time listed by the book.

General

1. Cyberware that only modifies appearance (no mechanical advantages) has no Essence cost.

2. Armor takes damage according to barrier damage rules. This basically makes it act more in line with real life, as body armor isn't reusable, and need to be replaced/repaired.

3. Cyberware will run mainly by the Rule of Cool. Last game i ran here, a character leapt 15 meters out and 10 down to another building then fired a grapple gun for his team to zipline down to escape security. RaW, he shouldn't have been able to make that jump, but it kicked all sorts of rear end so gently caress RaW sometimes. If in doubt, just ask me for clarification.

4. No Chunky Salsa.

5. All errata is in effect.

Matrix (I am open to discussion on Matrix rules. Anything to smooth them out.)

1. Technomancers can make a direct connection to hardware by physical touch.

2. Matrix perception checks made in AR mode allow a single target to be "scanned", with each hit detecting more information on the target as a whole. (eg. 1 hit tells you he has a cyberlink with a few devices attached, 2 hits tells you how many devices, 3 hits tells you details such as brand and model, etc.)

3. Matrix perception in VR mode is used to find Matrix targets not in the Decker/Technomancer's immediate vicinity.

4. Noise on the public grid is 1 point rather than 2.

I'm not married to any of these, so if you want to discuss changes of houserules (or official rules), contact me by PM.

I'll give this a week or so (let's say 5/27, Korea time), then select players from submitted apps.

Edit: Discord.

https://discord.gg/R8c4YnP

The Bible fucked around with this message at 02:11 on May 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Got an app I'll submit here in a bit. Interest post!

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Might app, will also note your post in recruiting didn't link this thread.

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010
When using Point Buy, do positive qualities cost double? RAW, one can spend tons of karma buying those up (without the normal 25 karma limit), and there's no point in taking negative qualities.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Are you planning on relying on just pbp to run the game? That works fine for social encounters or slower paced scenes, bu I've seen that really drag on in the action heavy parts of SR.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Shadowrun, huh? I guess I can't escape this fate after all. :v:

Might app a rigger or maybe technomancer of some sort, I know very little about Korea and way too much about Japan.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Platonicsolid posted:

Might app, will also note your post in recruiting didn't link this thread.

Thanks, it does now.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

CaptainCarrot posted:

When using Point Buy, do positive qualities cost double? RAW, one can spend tons of karma buying those up (without the normal 25 karma limit), and there's no point in taking negative qualities.

Yes, RAW is clearly overlooking this point. Double cost on Positive Qualities.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

wiegieman posted:

Are you planning on relying on just pbp to run the game? That works fine for social encounters or slower paced scenes, bu I've seen that really drag on in the action heavy parts of SR.

Yes, I'm living in Korea and getting everyone together on roll20 won't be easy.

I'm not saying it'll never happen, but more often than not, it won't be viable.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Approximately where is this game going to be on the mohawk to trenchcoat/grimdark to neon scale?

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Aesculus posted:

Approximately where is this game going to be on the mohawk to trenchcoat/grimdark to neon scale?

My personal style is mirrorshades, but I try to let the players be free, so if you want to go all neon mohawk, go right ahead. Just be aware that security/LE response to a chainsaw laservan will be formidable.

But then, so is a chainsaw laservan.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

So I've got this guy sitting around, thinking about resurrecting him in some form for this

tldr version: Decoy Octopus infiltrator kill-and-replace dude. Can theoretically disguise himself as anyone, taking their face and biometrics. SADLY there isn't a fuckin' cyberware for adjustable hair but I make do.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 05:04 on May 20, 2019

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

The Bible posted:

Yes, I'm living in Korea and getting everyone together on roll20 won't be easy.

I'm not saying it'll never happen, but more often than not, it won't be viable.

Just having a chat channel for doing dicerolls or talking about "i shoot guard#5" can help a lot. You can be asynchronous while still avoiding some of the overhead.

I might re-purpose a techno I used for another game that died.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

wiegieman posted:

Just having a chat channel for doing dicerolls or talking about "i shoot guard#5" can help a lot. You can be asynchronous while still avoiding some of the overhead.

I might re-purpose a techno I used for another game that died.

We could set up a Discord, sure. I'll get on that when we get the players settled.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Rhjamiz posted:

So I've got this guy sitting around, thinking about resurrecting him in some form for this

tldr version: Decoy Octopus infiltrator kill-and-replace dude. Can theoretically disguise himself as anyone, taking their face and biometrics. SADLY there isn't a fuckin' cyberware for adjustable hair but I make do.

I'll homebrew some nano-hair or whatever later today and post it here.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007
I am very witty: nit-witty, dim-witty, and half-witty.

Tentatively interested, likely some flavor of Adept!

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
I have two characters done that I can put up.

One is a Korean/Japanese dwarf (Koborokuru) Hacker with a massive chip against mainstream Korean culture for how hes been treated, who has managed to pull himself up out of the gutters and works the shadows.

The other is an elf Street Samurai with a tricked out cyberarm and a penchant for busting a monofilament chainsaw when the going gets rough. He does street racing in his monowheel motorcyle for the thrills and is a former bike ganger. I'd make it so he could attach the chainsaw to his hand but thats not really doable in the rules.

Let me know whats more interesting for you or works for team composition.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

The hacker could have some very interesting interactions in this particular run.

The Sam will certainly draw attention, but don't let that discourage you.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 05:09 on May 22, 2019

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010
Elena

It started as a public-private partnership, two years after Korea's population of pixies, tiny as we were (rimshot), came to light. They moved in when I was a little kid; easier to set up their tents in our forest than to build accommodations for us in their lab. Didn't go to school, but I learned some stuff. Snuck around to look at their notes and rummage through their supplies, sweet-talked them when I got caught.

Then there was a quick one-two punch. I got sick with that SURGE crap, and it changed me. Prettier, no mistake about that, lovely bronze skin and silver locks that went down to my feet, but it spooked everyone. After that, the program got shut down, but I didn't want to go back to the old life everyone had. There was a tingling inside me, and I had to see where it went.

That's when I met Big Jin. He was a bouncer at the club most of the staff went to after hours, and once I didn't have any legal connections to get in trouble, one of the leads sent me to him. Turned out that some of that tingle was from magic, and he taught me to channel it. Throw my voice, lie like a champion, 'open up a man's heart', that sort of thing.

I've been working in the big people's city for a couple of years now. Can't exactly work in an office when you're the size of a baby, but Big Jin had me with him for a while. Good cop to his bad cop, honey to his vinegar, that sort of thing. I get hired for more, ah, interesting work every now and then. Not too surprising, sometimes folks just need a silver tongue. It'll be a fascinating ride, until somebody finally gets fed up and hits me.

code:
Race: Pixie
Height: .47 m
Weight: 10 kg

800 Karma budget

Body			1
Agility			5
Reaction		4
Strength		1
Willpower		4
Logic			3
Intuition		3
Charisma		10
Edge			2

Essence			6
Initiative		7+1d6

Mental Limit		5
Physical Limit		3
Social Limit		13

Physical Condition	9
Stun Condition		10

Composure		14
Judge Intentions	13
Lift/Carry		2
Memory			7

Acting			6
Athletics		1
Influence		6
Stealth			3

Clubs			2
Korean			N
Japanese		2
English			2

Exceptional Charisma
First Impression
Mentor Spirit: Dragonslayer (+2 Con, Enhanced Accuracy: Clubs)

SURGE III
	Glamour
	Metagenic Charisma
	Vomeronasal Organ

Awakened Astral Hazing
	Critter Spook
	Slow Healer
	Striking Skin Pigmentation
	Unusual Hair

Adept
	Authoritative Tone	2
	Kinesics		3
	Lie Detector		2
	Linguistics
	Ventriloquism
	Voice Control

Karma 5

Contacts:
Deputy Director of Transportation James Lee, Connection 4/Loyalty 2
Bounty Hunter 'Lady', Connection 3/Loyalty 3
Pastor Seung-Kim Pak, Connection 3/Loyalty 4
Club Bouncer Big Jin, Connection 2/Loyalty 5
Street Rat 'Fixer', Connection 2/Loyalty 2

Gear:
stun baton, commlink, fake SIN, whatever, not the point of this character

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Welp, it looks like I'm not going for the 8 edge pixie rigger after all unless we specifically want an all-pixie team :v:
Hikikomori technomancer incoming!

Hibiki Shinozuka as "Mirai"

Born in Osaka to two Shiawase researchers, Hibiki lived a good life. Attending an elite private school with her older brother and doing well in spite of her already frail condition, she seemed destined for great things. But when she discovered the matrix - a world more real than the real world, a world she could live and feel alive in, unbound by the shackles of DNA,, she started withdrawing from school and family in favor of her newfound reality. Eventually a girl named Hibiki Shinozuka disappeared from home at the age of sixteen, two day after a player named Mutsuki was recruited as a technomancer and a hacker after being caught illegally modifying her avatar in the online VRMMORPG Babylon.

Introduced to the shadows and now a seasoned hacker, a girl named Mirai spends her time lounging around in a detective's office in Korea, doing odd jobs now and then for both Kyo and Mr. Kim while mooching off the lag-free connection in the meantime. Another missing persons case? Sure, shouldn't be a problem at all..

pre:
Metatype: Human
Height: 162cm
Weight: 47 kg 

Magic A Attributes B Metatype C Skills D Resources E

Body			2
Agility			2
Reaction		3
Strength		2
Charisma		4
Willpower		5
Logic			5
Intuition		6
Edge			7

Essence			6
Resonance		6
Initiative		9+1d6

Mental Limit		3
Physical Limit		7
Social Limit		7
Astral Limit		7

Physical Condition	9
Stun Condition		11

Composure		9
Judge Intentions	10
Memory			10
Lift/Carry		4

Computer		6
Cybercombat		6
Ewar			6
Hacking			6
Software		5
Etiquette		3
Perception		3
Compiling		2
Decompiling		2
Registering		2
Sneaking		2

Japanese		N
Korean			4
Matrix			6
Matrix Threats		5
Matrix Games		3 (Babylon +2)
Sprites			3

Basement Dweller
Better on the Net [Data Processing]
Common Sense
Data Anomaly
Down the Rabbit Hole
Gremlins 1
Ninja Vanish
Technomancer
Records on File (Shiawase)
Weak Immune System

Contacts:
Kyo Hector, Detective, C2L4
Mr. Kim, Fixer, C5/L1

Gear:
11k nuyen worth of stuff TBD

Lifestyle:
Small downtown apartment (Medium)
Chummer file

The Bible
May 8, 2010

So far so good. That pixie is going to open up a lot of possibilities with certain NPCs.

Technomancer will work fine as well. Hopefully we get a little muscle soon, but I can adapt to whatever you guys dream up, so don't feel limited by me.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Regarding chainsaw-hand, if you aren't expecting any sort of mechanical advantage from it (i.e. just flavor), take a cyberhand and I'll just let you be able to detach it and attach the chainsaw. Just add like, +10% to the chainsaw cost for the mod.

Haven't thought about nano-hair just yet, but I will before we start.

Oh yeah, Armor on specific cyber limbs only applies if that limb is targeted specifically.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 10:25 on May 23, 2019

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
Eh i'll just ditch the original cyberlimb+chainsaw idea.

code:
== Personal Data == 
Street Name: 
Name: Unnamed Character
Movement: 20/40 (2m/hit)
Swim: 8.5 (1m/hit)
Street Cred: 0
Notoriety: 0
Public Awareness: 0
Elf
Composure: 6
Judge Intentions: 8
Lift/Carry: 10 (105 kg/70 kg) 
Memory: 5
Nuyen: 4,184¥

== Priorities == 
Metatype: D,1
Attributes: B,3
Special: E,0
Skills: C,2
Resources: A,4

== Attributes == 
BOD: 3
AGI: 7 (10) 
REA: 5 (8) 
STR: 4 (7) 
CHA: 3
INT: 5
LOG: 2
WIL: 3
EDG: 1

== Derived Attributes == 
Essence:                                0.05
Initiative:                             13 +3d6
Rigger Initiative:                      13 +3d6
Astral Initiative:                      
Matrix AR:                              13 +3d6
Matrix Cold:                            5 + DP +3d6
Matrix Hot:                             5 + DP +4d6
Physical Damage Track:                  10
Stun Damage Track:                      10

== Limits == 
Physical:                               9
Mental:                                 4
   Audio Enhancement (Earbuds): +2, Only for audio Perception
   Medkit: +3, Only for First Aid and Medicine
   Medkit: +6, Only for First Aid and Medicine
   Vision Enhancement (Glasses): +3, Only for visual Perception
Social:                                 4
   Ballistic Mask: +1, Only for Intimidation, Must be visible
Astral:                                 4

== Active Skills == 
Automatics                              Base: 2          Pool: 12
Etiquette                               Base: 0          Pool: 4
Exotic Melee Weapon (Ash Arms Monofilament Chainsaw) Base: 6          Pool: 16
Leadership                              Base: 0          Pool: 4
Longarms                                Base: 2          Pool: 12
Negotiation                             Base: 0          Pool: 4
Perception                              Base: 6          Pool: 11
Pilot Ground Craft (Bike)               Base: 6          Pool: 16 (18) 
Pistols                                 Base: 2          Pool: 12
Sneaking (Vehicle)                      Base: 6          Pool: 16 (18) 
Unarmed Combat (Subduing Combat)        Base: 1          Pool: 11 (13) 

== Knowledge Skills == 
Cantonese                               Base: 1          Pool: 6
English                                 Base: 1          Pool: 6
Korean                                  Native
Area Knowledge: Seattle                 Base: 2          Pool: 7
Biker Gangs                             Base: 1          Pool: 6
Law Enforcement Procedures (Street)     Base: 2          Pool: 7
Shadow Community                        Base: 1          Pool: 6
Street Racing Scene                     Base: 3          Pool: 8
Underworld                              Base: 1          Pool: 6
Vehicles (Bikes)                        Base: 1          Pool: 6 (8) 

== Contacts == 
; (3, 4) 
; Mechanic (3, 3) 

== Qualities == 
Allergy (Uncommon, Mild) (Fish)
Biocompatability (Cyberware)
Emotional Attachment (His ride)
Gearhead
Low-Light Vision
Poor Self Control (Braggart)
Poor Self Control (Thrill Seeker)
Solid Rep (Korea Street Racing Scene)
Vehicle Empathy

== Lifestyle == 
Medium (Medium) 1  Month
   + Garage (Car (Body 5 or More))
   + Soy Processing Unit
   + Local Bar Patron (Local Bike Ganger Bar)
   + Grid Subscription (Local Grid)
   + Grid Subscription (Public Grid)

== Cyberware/Bioware == 
Internal Router
Muscle Augmentation Rating 3
Muscle Toner Rating 3
Reaction Enhancers Rating 3
Reflex Recorder (Pilot Ground Craft)
Smartlink
Wired Reflexes Rating 2

== Armor == 
Armor Jacket                            12
Ballistic Mask                          +2
Helmet                                  +2

== Weapons == 
Ash Arms Monofilament Chainsaw
   + Gecko Grip (for Weapon with No Stock Slot)
   + Personalized Grip
   Pool: 16   Accuracy: 5 (6)   DV: 12P   AP: -8   RC: 4
Extreme Cyberimplant
   Pool: 11   Accuracy: 9   DV: 5P   AP: -   RC: 1
Steyr TMP
   + Laser Sight
   + Silencer
   + Spare Clip
   + Spare Clip
   + Spare Clip
   Pool: 12   Accuracy: 4 (5)   DV: 7P   AP: -   RC: 4
Unarmed Attack
   Pool: 11   Accuracy: 9   DV: 7S   AP: -   RC: 4

== Commlink == 
Hermes Ikon (ATT: 0, SLZ: 0, DP: 5, FWL: 5) 
Meta Link (ATT: 0, SLZ: 0, DP: 1, FWL: 1) 

== Gear: Equipped == 
Ammo: APDS (Machine Pistols) ×30
Ammo: Stick-n-Shock (Machine Pistols) ×30
Bug Scanner Rating 6
Camera, Micro Rating 1
Certified Credstick, Silver
Certified Credstick, Standard ×5
Contacts Rating 3
   + Image Link
   + Flare Compensation
   + Vision Magnification
Crowbar
Datachip ×10
Earbuds Rating 3
   + Select Sound Filter Rating 1
   + Audio Enhancement Rating 2
Fake SIN (Barry White) Rating 4
   + Fake License (Drivers License) Rating 4
   + Fake License (Restricted Cyberware License) Rating 4
   + Fake License (Private Investigator License) Rating 4
Gas Mask
Glasses Rating 4
   + Vision Enhancement Rating 3
   + Thermographic Vision
Long Haul
Medkit Rating 3
Medkit Rating 6
Micro-Transceiver
Miniwelder
Restraint, Metal
Restraint, Plastic ×10
Slap Patch, Stim Patch Rating 6 ×2
Slap Patch, Trauma Patch
Standard Rope (100m)
Standard Tags ×10
Stealth Tags ×10
Survival Kit
Tag Eraser
Trodes

== Vehicles == 
Horizon-Doble Revolution           
   + Amenities (High)
   + Chameleon Coating
   + Gecko Tips
   + GridLink
   + GridLink Override
   + Gyro-Stabilization
   + Manual Control Override
   + Oil Slick Sprayer
   + Personal Armor Rating 10
   + Road Strip Ejector
   + Smart Tire
   + Smoke Projector (Thermal)
   + Smuggling Compartment
   + Smuggling Compartment Shielding(EM)
   + Smuggling Compartment Shielding(MAD)
   + Smuggling Compartment Shielding(Chemical)
   + Special Armor Modification (Nonconductivity) Rating 6
   + Vehicle Tag Eraser
   + Vehicle Tag Eraser
   + Vehicle Tag Eraser
   + Sensor Array Rating 2

== Concept == 
Street racer whos lost his humanity in his pursuit of perfection. Now everythings a muted shade of grey for the man. The only time he feels alive anymore is in high speed, risking his life, and defying the odds to succeed despite the obstacles before him.
I also have Byeorak. Was part of a small fishing village and grew up there, harpooning. One day there was a massive storm while he was out at sea. In the lightning and thunder Thunderbird appeared and spoke to him, guiding him to shore in exchange for a "great deed". The voice left him partly deaf, but Byeorak heeded his words, trained, and left for the big city. Still unsure as to what Thunderbird wanted him to do there, but occasionally Thunderbird will speak to him.

code:
== Personal Data == 
Street Name: Byeorak
Name: Unnamed Character
Movement: 10/20 (1m/hit)
Swim: 7 (1m/hit)
Street Cred: 0
Notoriety: 0
Public Awareness: 0
Troll
Composure: 5
Judge Intentions: 6
Lift/Carry: 16 (135 kg/90 kg) 
Memory: 5
Nuyen: 115¥

== Priorities == 
Metatype: A,4
Attributes: B,3
Special: D,1
Skills: C,2
Resources: E,0

== Attributes == 
BOD: 7
AGI: 5
REA: 5 (8) 
STR: 9
CHA: 2
INT: 4
LOG: 2
WIL: 3
EDG: 2
MAG: 6

== Derived Attributes == 
Essence:                                6.00
Initiative:                             12 +4d6
Rigger Initiative:                      12 +4d6
Astral Initiative:                      8 +3d6
Matrix AR:                              12 +4d6
Matrix Cold:                            4 + DP +3d6
Matrix Hot:                             4 + DP +4d6
Physical Damage Track:                  12
Stun Damage Track:                      10

== Limits == 
   Ballistic Shield [-1] (For actions where Shield might get in the way.)
Physical:                               11
   Ballistic Shield [-1] (For actions where Shield might get in the way.)
Mental:                                 4
   Audio Enhancement [+2] (Only for Perception (Hearing))
   Vision Enhancement [+3] (Only for Perception (Visual))
Social:                                 5
Astral:                                 5

== Active Skills == 
Blades (Swords)                         Base: 6          Pool: 15 (17) 
Con                                     Base: 1          Pool: 3
Etiquette                               Base: 1          Pool: 3
Gymnastics                              Base: 1          Pool: 6
Leadership                              Base: 1          Pool: 3
Negotiation                             Base: 1          Pool: 3
Perception                              Base: 6          Pool: 9
Running                                 Base: 1          Pool: 10
Sneaking (Urban)                        Base: 6          Pool: 11 (13) 
Swimming                                Base: 1          Pool: 10
Throwing Weapons (Blades)               Base: 6          Pool: 11 (13) 

== Knowledge Skills == 
Cantonese                               Base: 1          Pool: 5
English                                 Base: 1          Pool: 5
Korean                                  Native
Area Knowledge: Korea                   Base: 2          Pool: 6
Fishing                                 Base: 3          Pool: 7
Magical Threats                         Base: 2          Pool: 4
Protection Tactics                      Base: 2          Pool: 6
Shadow Community                        Base: 1          Pool: 5

== Qualities == 
Adept
Agile Defender
Hawk Eye
Illiterate
Mentor Spirit (Thunderbird)
Oblivious I
Phobia (Uncommon, Mild) (Snakes/Serpents)
Quick Healer
Reduced Sense (Hearing)
Revenant Adept
Thermographic Vision

== Powers == 
Attribute Boost (AGI)Rating: 1
Combat SenseRating: 1
Critical Strike (Blades)
Improved Ability (skill) (Blades)Rating: 2
Improved ReflexesRating: 3
Rapid HealingRating: 1
Sustenance

== Lifestyle == 
 (Low) 1  Month
   + Grid Subscription (Public Grid)

== Armor == 
Armor Jacket                            12
Ballistic Shield                        +6
Helmet                                  +2

== Weapons == 
Ballistic Shield
   Pool: 0   Accuracy: 4   DV: 11S   AP: -   RC: 4
Boomerang
   Pool: 11   Accuracy: 10   DV: 11P   AP: -   RC: 4
Ceramic/Plasteel Knife
   Pool: 15   Accuracy: 5   DV: 11P   AP: -1   RC: 4
Harpoon
   Pool: 11 (13)   Accuracy: 11   DV: 12P   AP: -1   RC: 4
Horizon BoomerEye
   Pool: 11   Accuracy: 10   DV: 11P   AP: -   RC: 4
Unarmed Attack
   Pool: 4   Accuracy: 11   DV: 9S   AP: -   RC: 4

== Martial Arts == 
Kenjutsu
   + IaijutsuIaijutsuRGRG

== Commlink == 
Meta Link (ATT: 0, SLZ: 0, DP: 1, FWL: 1) 
== Gear: Equipped == 
Boomerang ×2
Certified Credstick, Standard ×5
Contacts Rating 3
   + Image Link
   + Flare Compensation
   + Low Light
Crowbar
Earbuds Rating 3
   + Select Sound Filter Rating 1
   + Audio Enhancement Rating 2
Fake SIN (See Kwan) Rating 4
   + Fake License (Adept License) Rating 4
   + Fake License (Bodyguard License) Rating 4
   + Fake License (Large Blades License) Rating 4
Gas Mask
Glasses Rating 4
   + Vision Enhancement Rating 3
   + Vision Magnification
Harpoon ×2
Horizon BoomerEye
Micro-Transceiver
Miniwelder
Restraint, Metal
Slap Patch, Trauma Patch
Standard Rope (100m)
Tag Eraser
Trodes

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Gonna try to get my sheet up today at some point. Gotta find the old 5e chummer program thing.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

We're a bit past the deadline for characters, but getting one or two more would be good, so I'll go ahead and get an initial post ready.

Discord is up.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Rhjamiz posted:

Gonna try to get my sheet up today at some point. Gotta find the old 5e chummer program thing.

Yup, not a problem.

I'll kick things off tomorrow, so if anyone else reading wants in, at least make an interest post. Otherwise, I'll start things off with 4.

A mage or adept might not be a bad idea if anyone is looking for inspiration.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 28, 2019

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I return

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Well, I was intrigued, but don't think I'm going to get something together. Have fun!

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Alright, we've got 4 for now. There will be opportunities to bolster that, if you guys deem necessary, so I'm going to put up a game thread today.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3890677&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post495470831

It begins.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
ah fack i missed this completely due to being busy

I'll keep up with it in case you want mad dog back need another player

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Atlatl posted:

people die

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Atlatl posted:

ah fack i missed this completely due to being busy

We have four. I'm willing to run with 6. Go ahead and join the discord and I can get you in fairly quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. Ice, Yakuza affiliated killer/wheelman

A former Cutters ganger whose killed his way out of the Barrens and never looked back, Mr. Ice developed his skill as a gunner and a wheelman on the streets of Redmond. A former driver for the Seattle based "Whip It" Caro and Limo service, Mr. Ice is an accomplished driver, using the latest in black market aftermarket mods to ensure he can drive as fast as he wishes, without GOD being the wiser, usually. Recruited by a Yakuza gumi (name tbd) out of Seattle and exported overseas, Ice is the pet shadowrunner of whatever Yakuza boss had him imported over. He loves that high octane lifestyle and doesn't mind busting his gun to get it. That said, he loves the thrill of speeding and weaving between cars on the highway a bit more.