Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day
I was just reminiscing about old threads, and realized we haven't had a bachelor thread in a while.

The first thread.

The second thread.

So what's your disgusting life like?

Personally, I've grown past most of my disgusting bachelor habits, but there is one thing that normal adults cast a concerned look at. The maple tree in the front yard is surrounded by a podocarpus hedge, so naturally, we cut a section out that now functions as the men's room. When we hang out in the carport to watch football, it comes in pretty handy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I love living alone because I can let loose loud, rapturous farts with abandon.

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012
My bachelor cave has five loving calendars because I like all of them and no one is around to tell me no.

This is the true face of bachelor life

The unstoppable force of living how you like, and not having a person to check your terrible decisions

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I keep finding milk in places where milk shouldn't be.

Also the bulb in my shitter went out so I've been doing poos by candlelight for like a week.

e: Not like a week continuously.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Jerry Cotton posted:

I keep finding milk in places where milk shouldn't be.

Like where? And how is it getting there?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Like where? And how is it getting there?

Like under my bed or in my desk. It gets there because I buy milk while drunk and stash it for some reason.

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012
İ recently moved into a new place and had to get a new microwave for it too.

When I plugged it in I set the timer to 99:99 and I've just been pulling stuff out as it's done.

İt's just created into 75:00 :toot:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Jerry Cotton posted:

e: Not like a week continuously.

:hmmyes:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I very rarely wear pants. Every time a neighbor knocks on my door they probably think its weird that I don't answer immediately but it's because I always have to put some pants on.

Also I have a sock fuzz issue in my apartment where my vacuum refuses to pick it up and it just builds up with tons of sock fuzz everywhere but because I live alone I can get away with ignoring it.

Lucavi
May 12, 2002

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Basebf555 posted:

I very rarely wear pants. Every time a neighbor knocks on my door they probably think its weird that I don't answer immediately but it's because I always have to put some pants on.

Also I have a sock fuzz issue in my apartment where my vacuum refuses to pick it up and it just builds up with tons of sock fuzz everywhere but because I live alone I can get away with ignoring it.

You wear no pants but socks?

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I had a goon room mate.

We spent all our money on booze and cocaine. It was a BLAST. We would party 5 nights a week, just havin fun and partying hard.

For a while we kept all the utilities on but it did not last long. Come October we had no power, eh gently caress it. You can charge your phone at work, if you hang out at the bar you dont really have to worry about your lights being off.

It did get cold at night but lucky for us we had a fireplace! We burned bills, boxes, we swiped phone books and used those, any assorted garbage would do. On occasion when money became unallocated for drugs we would go to the local Albertsons and buy a $5 bundle of wood and then load up the car with a bunch once we were out there. Taking cold showers in the dark while throwing up isnt really a fun time but gently caress i loved drugs. This seemed to work well, and after a few weeks (?) the lights got turned back on.

Shortly after that I got fired for not coming to work on time, because i would forget to charge my phone and that was my only alarm. I was also hung over much of the time and would do bumps at my desk and stuff. It really was warranted. Due to this the water AND the power got cut off.

We still burned garbage and stuff and would just poo poo n piss in the toilet till it was unbearable and sneak over to the neighbors with a bucket, fill it up and use that to flush the horrid stench water.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Before I enlisted a friend and I saved on money and kept up the alcoholism needed to deal with working 12 hour shifts in the restaurant industry by making our own mead from maple syrup, honey, raisins and whatever else was on hand. By the time I left we had an entire closet filled with home-made mead that was pretty much only good for killing braincells.

Also when I'm at home doing nothing I don't bother putting on pants, where I currently live in Hawaii has no AC and I don't see the point of adding on more clothes when no one is around to see me.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
And just a friendly reminder in case you haven't had one in a while; remember to have a showerbeer.

If you have never had a showerbeer you owe it to yourself to drink a beer in the shower.

It's one of the best things in existence but I don't think anybody can actually articulate why.

Jisae
Oct 1, 2004

What a bargain!

I'm a freelancer and work from home so most of the time I'm in my pajamas which I cycle out once a week. I can also live happily off canned soup but my boyfriend likes to cook and order out so I don't eat canned soup nearly as often as I used to. :can:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Don Gato posted:

Before I enlisted a friend and I saved on money and kept up the alcoholism needed to deal with working 12 hour shifts in the restaurant industry by making our own mead from maple syrup, honey, raisins and whatever else was on hand. By the time I left we had an entire closet filled with home-made mead that was pretty much only good for killing braincells.

A friend of mine in college once made mead in a garbage can loaned to him by his suitemate, who probably should have known better. Once it was done, he brought it to a party and drank it out of a horn the entire night.

The next day, at my bio lab, I overheard some guys talking about how "that nerd down the hall" was up all night puking loudly in a shower stall. Thanks, homemade mead!

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it
Here is my kitchen. Toaster ovens are for wood stabilizing and stove is used to boil wood/metal/chemicals. I tend to just eat microwaved chicken and salad and use disposable plates/bowls/plasticware.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

ToxicSlurpee posted:

And just a friendly reminder in case you haven't had one in a while; remember to have a showerbeer.

If you have never had a showerbeer you owe it to yourself to drink a beer in the shower.

It's one of the best things in existence but I don't think anybody can actually articulate why.

Showerbeer is a fine thing, but secondary to the glory that is the saunabeer.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Groke posted:

Showerbeer is a fine thing, but secondary to the glory that is the saunabeer.

Getting buzzed in a comfy chair with a blanket and a book is nice.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Never had one but I'm sure a bath beer would be pretty sweet too. Just the sensation of warm on the outside, cold on the inside.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Nothing beats a beer stein sized old fashioned in the bath. Get a fuckin jelly bomb from lush, your tilted brain will convince you that you are an eel. It is the pinnacle of self care and bachelor life.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Yes I have fallen over trying to get out the bath and broken my toilet. Don't @ me

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?

Beer_Suitcase posted:

I had a goon room mate.

We spent all our money on booze and cocaine. It was a BLAST. We would party 5 nights a week, just havin fun and partying hard.

For a while we kept all the utilities on but it did not last long. Come October we had no power, eh gently caress it. You can charge your phone at work, if you hang out at the bar you dont really have to worry about your lights being off.

It did get cold at night but lucky for us we had a fireplace! We burned bills, boxes, we swiped phone books and used those, any assorted garbage would do. On occasion when money became unallocated for drugs we would go to the local Albertsons and buy a $5 bundle of wood and then load up the car with a bunch once we were out there. Taking cold showers in the dark while throwing up isnt really a fun time but gently caress i loved drugs. This seemed to work well, and after a few weeks (?) the lights got turned back on.

Shortly after that I got fired for not coming to work on time, because i would forget to charge my phone and that was my only alarm. I was also hung over much of the time and would do bumps at my desk and stuff. It really was warranted. Due to this the water AND the power got cut off.

We still burned garbage and stuff and would just poo poo n piss in the toilet till it was unbearable and sneak over to the neighbors with a bucket, fill it up and use that to flush the horrid stench water.

Nice hobo life

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Happy Landfill posted:

I love living alone because I can let loose loud, rapturous farts with abandon.

I still do this in front of my wife.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I still do this in front of my wife.

true love

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010
Bachlorette, but dinner used to consist of an entire box of macaroni and cheese or stove top stuffing eaten directly out of the pot. I miss carbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

JEEVES420 posted:

Here is my kitchen. Toaster ovens are for wood stabilizing and stove is used to boil wood/metal/chemicals. I tend to just eat microwaved chicken and salad and use disposable plates/bowls/plasticware.

how much is an 8th