Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

also congratulations on your most recent purchase op from what I have read in this thread you have made a correct choice. get well soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

akadajet posted:

the best thing about iPhone is the something awful app

itll never pass the taste test for best app at wwdc but it should have won

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

hey man I really like your website so im gonna vote for the iPhone, its actually p good.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

the iphone stebe edition is the best mobile telephone ever made, op

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Lowtax posted:

okay I just got one of those phones that has two buttons total and both of them speeddial the paramedics

other than this, is there a something awful continuity of operations plan? like, if you beef it unexpectedly, are we going to pass time here until the https cert or domain expires and we all need to choose to join reddit or leave the internet?

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

creationist believer posted:

other than this, is there a something awful continuity of operations plan? like, if you beef it unexpectedly, are we going to pass time here until the https cert or domain expires and we all need to choose to join reddit or leave the internet?

The ToS for SA says we all will be buried with Lowtax if he dies so does it really matter?

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

akadajet posted:

the best thing about iPhone is the something awful app

the macinyos theme is a delight

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

BIGFOOT EROTICA posted:

im also going to say "get an iphone"

if you must get a phone that is not an iphone the pixel is the only thing even remotely worth considering since it wont be packed to bursting with lovely preinstalled apps that cant be removed without a phd in computer science and it will also get updates to fix critical security vulnerabilities for at least 10-15 days after you buy it unlike literally every other android phone

I bought a Nokia 7.1 back in October and it doesn't have any of the problems you mentioned.

Lowtax: Seriously if you don't need a ~flagship~ phone consider a Nokia 7.1, it's fine and doesn't have crapware and AndroidOne means it should get updates for about three years, and is only like $350 instead of $800 or whatever.

You don't have to pay Pixel money to get a decent Android phone that isn't crapped up with bloatware or lovely custom UI garbage from Samsung.

I HAVE GOUT
Nov 23, 2017
Good luck with your purchase, OP. And I ask that while using it, you be sure to build a healthy backbone of proper smartphone use. "How?", you ask? For one, taking breaks every hour is the foundation to a healthy computer-user lifestyle. And support your eyes and ears by keeping the screen at proper eye level, as well as sitting a decent distance away from the screen. And be sure, with this new phone, not to get too crazy with responding to the on-line twitter trolls who all want to take a crack at you. You may get the tingles when lashing out at them in anger and hate, but doing so merely gives them spine-tingling satisfaction. They only say prepostureous things to get you going. And if you respond, youre merely bending to their will. But if you ignore them, they will eventually wilt under your steadfast demeanor.
Follow these rules, OP, and follow them well, and you will be setting a strong base of healthy computer use for yourself, and doing a great service to the community.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Just get one of the new pixels they're fine

iPhones have been just as garbage as any random Android for years, everyone in the pos just has that embarrassing thing going on where they think their code janitor friends will think they're poor if they buy anything else

The thing with Android is that there are a million lovely phones and whenever you get rid of whatever you buy the new one will look and feel completely different and you'll have to relearn where everything is because basically only Google and a handful of oems don't totally gently caress Android up worse than it already is

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Pixel 3a OP. it even has a headphone jack

burning swine
May 26, 2004

I had written off the last pixel because no headphone jack and I was happy to see it return

anyway voting pixel

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Did we ever find out what phone the op got?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

no op

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy
I have the LG v40 thinq and its a really good phone that does phone things very well and is a couple hundred cheaper than the s10 so I would recommend it.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

lowtax just get an iphone 8+ it’s cheap, runs better than any android, and will work for a number of years. i have a 6s+ i got four years ago that still runs great. no slowdown. no battery issues.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

lowtax just get an iphone 8+ it’s cheap, runs better than any android, and will work for a number of years. i have a 6s+ i got four years ago that still runs great. no slowdown. no battery issues.

dude, lowtax isn't reading this thread any more

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

akadajet posted:

what if he is.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

:rip:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

fart simpson posted:

what if he is.

:ninja:

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

thank you, for such helpful advice. i am promoting you to admin now

signed,
lowtax

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

akadajet posted:

Looking forward to 5 more pages of advice followed by a Lowtax post showing of his cool new sarnsung

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Lowtax probably doesn't even remember posting this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

hebrews 6:10 friends, let not the temple fall into disrepair