Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
*watching joe biden dunk on paul ryan* drat, joe's awesome

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Liberals are an equal or lesser threat to democracy than open fascists.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Tubgoat posted:

I'm willing to bet, life for life, that Caligula had hosed up way fewer people's lives than Mike Pence has.

and hosed fewer horses too

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

fabergay egg posted:

That holds true even if Caligula actually did gently caress a horse or multiple horses, assuming it wasn't just a low-effort political smear.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

the levels of horse loving achieved by our vice president are possible only thanks to the advances of modern medical science

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

fabergay egg posted:

the levels of horse loving achieved by our vice president are possible only thanks to the advances of modern medical science
:911::patriot:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

fabergay egg posted:

Michael Richard Pence, 45th vice president of our glorious United States of America does not, I repeat, does not gently caress horses. He has never hosed a horse, and will never gently caress a horse.

He was hosed BY a horse.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

mike pence (the vice president of the united states of america) is the world's most accomplished power bottom. those horses may be inside of him, but he is surely loving them

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

i didnt make my bones as a hateful homophobe and elected to the second highest office in the land to be called "mr" hands. please, call me VP Hands, not to be confused by "vp handsy"

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Tubgoat posted:

That holds true even if Caligula actually did gently caress a horse or multiple horses, assuming it wasn't just a low-effort political smear.

You know I wonder about that. Kind of seems like the thing a guy might do to show how little he regards the Senate. Doesn't most of our knowledge of Caligula come from people who really loving hated Caligula?

Not that I'm saying he was a great ruler or anything.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I feel like there is no chance he could be worse than our current "leadership."

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Coolness Averted posted:

yeah it went from "I'm skipping a few really dumb shows like marketplace," to realizing almost all of it was garbage. Science Friday is at least still cool, and half of Fresh Air's interviews are interesting, even if incredibly focused on liberal sensibilities and tastes.
The thing I really noticed from 2014-2016 was how much everyone at NPR was huffing eachother's farts, when a topic or guest that wasn't related to some huge mainstream news event would be on the circuit of every show.

I was smug af reading this thread thinking "It took you idiots until 2016 to figure out this poo poo?" then I got to the NPR post and confirmed what I already knew, that I am also an idiot. I still listen to This American Life (in podcast form) but it went from being the only thing on in the car to something I absolutely can't stand overnight. I would even qualify it exactly this way "Well I don't listen to Marketplace..."

The only other pre-2016 belief I unironically held was that any party running in opposition to Nazis, even the democrats, would have no trouble making a case for people to vote for them that wasn't just "We aren't them." I really did believe that given the gravity of the consequences of losing an election to open white supremacist nationalists that an opposition party would absolutely positively under no circumstances fail to make a compelling case against them, like the idiot I am. They really showed me.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
That arresting Bush after he left office would have been divisive.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Who What Now posted:

He was hosed BY a horse.

please only post things you believed that didn't come true

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
That anarcho-primitivism was a legitimate ideology and not just poorly-concealed fash sympathy.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Tubgoat posted:

That anarcho-primitivism was a legitimate ideology and not just poorly-concealed fash sympathy.

Bullshit. I don't believe anyone would ever think anprim made any goddamn sense

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

ikanreed posted:

Bullshit. I don't believe anyone would ever think anprim made any goddamn sense

When one first starts coming to grips with the fact that our life- and world-changing technologies will only ever be used for industrial-scale evil, it can be tempting for "smart" people to assume that all technology must necessarily be evil. This boy genius (skipped several grades, was on the state university robotics team) I knew in high school thought that agriculture itself was a mistake, though this was well over 10 years ago. Hopefully he has de-libbed by now but I have no reason to believe he has. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 102 days!
bump