Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

FactsAreUseless posted:

My guess is some really, really badly handled trans representation.

naw its gonna be terfy as gently caress. my guess is wizards know that to be a real woman you have to have children and preserve the wizard race. just abracadabra the sperm into you

yeah I eat rear end posted:

people always told me this when I confessed to reading the whole harry potter series approximately 25 times over. Then I read The Dark Tower series somewhere around 30 times and they're still saying it.

there's only so many books, give me a break.

malazan, the first 4 dune books, sandersons cosmere books specifically war breaker and elantris. gently caress i think erikson is doing like prequels and tons of crazy poo poo to fill in the lore of malazan even more. i should read those

snergle fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jun 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
Harry Potter and the Ghoste Writer

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I thought that one book where Harry Potter got groomed and then molested by Dumbledore was pretty hosed up. Like for reals, 30 full pages of extremely graphic NAMBLA poo poo was pretty :yikes:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the hairy knobbler books where dumbledore is the protagonist is a completely different series of books

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Run on off to school now my son, Severus Dobby Remus Dumbledore Weasley-Potter. Don't be afraid if you get sorted into the evil, inbred, racist school house, they can be very brave and good as well as long as they are forever motivated by a girl they never hosed.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

if i was ron weasly id get a fuckin proper haircut

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Remember that one where hermonie called that dude the n word?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

Nah even then it's only Harry Potter-esque for like half of the first book and then they gently caress off for a Narnia parody because they're all too bored by being Ivy League winners at "life" so young.

gently caress that series.

I sort of liked the message that the main character's real problem wasn't that he wanted magic, he wanted for The Books He Read As A Kid to be real, with him as the heroic protagonist who got everything he wanted.

Magic and even fantasy worlds didn't scratch his itch because, deep down, they weren't made specifically for him to have awesome adventures, they worked too much like the real world but with magic, and not like a kid book. He wasn't a dreamer chasing the impossible dream, he was just a self-centered dickbag.

But then, I don't know, it all sort of falls apart, and I guess that's still the message, but it sort of isn't. The first one has a crummy ending that undermines all the Lessons He Learned Along The Way, and the sequel is just so unnecessary.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Nooner posted:

Remember that one where hermonie called that dude the n word?

Her my knee is a real jerk. She's always running things with her racism and general assholery. I hope she plays a prominent role in future Harvey wizard books.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

turn left rupert nooo

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Somehow, I am not surprised that of all Harry Potter characters to end up being a brony, it's Ron.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
I think I read like 2 chapters of Harry Potter in Spanish and couldn't handle it. Everything I'm hearing now makes me feel not only vindicated but prescient.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

naem posted:

i’m confused by the fact that all adults in the hp world are weird shut in sexless dorks

much like all adult fans of it irl

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Code Jockey posted:

much like all adult fans of it irl

Lmao RACK 'EM

Kesshan
Jan 29, 2010

CubanMissile posted:

Oh good. Books have DLC now. Just what we needed.
books have had hd remasters and patches since forever, the real surprise is that it took this long to get to dlc

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Hairy secrets and the chamber pot.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

numberoneposter posted:

if i was ron weasly id get a fuckin proper haircut

id get a throat cut imo

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Julius CSAR posted:

READ ANOTHER loving BOOK GODDAMN

I'm going to. Another Harry Potter book!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
The Pottmarillion

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Finally! I've been DYING to know what Torok was going to do after using his ring on the cops in the end of the film, especially since he's the one that saved Wendy and destroyed his own plan in the end anyway. I just hope it's not all dumb expanded universe Nilbog bullshit.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Harry Potter fans are worse than Doctor Who fans, which is a hell of a thing.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I blame the Brits

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Harry Potter rolled up his prayer mat in the common room. "Inshallah we will win the quidditch match against Slytherin." He felt a pang of doubt as he remembered his reflection in the Mirror of Erised: fat full breasts and a thick muff of pubic hair above his pussy. Was being trans halal? He did not know, but thinking about it was distracting him from studying for his OWLs.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
I still haven't gotten through Swann's Way. Don't really get why Proust is held in such high regard. Maybe its easier and more enjoyable in the original french. Although I can't imagine how french makes hundreds of pages of descriptions of the fine details of wallpaper any more thrilling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Harry Potter rolled up his prayer mat in the common room. "Inshallah we will win the quidditch match against Slytherin." He felt a pang of doubt as he remembered his reflection in the Mirror of Erised: fat full breasts and a thick muff of pubic hair above his pussy. Was being trans halal? He did not know, but thinking about it was distracting him from studying for his OWLs.

lmao