Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's June 2006. The new generation of video gaming was kicked off last year with the Xbox 360, and now the Playstation 3 and the Revolution are sure to follow. E3 is nearly upon us, and the future of games is on show.

Also, somehow, a bunch of weirdos with a webcomic got passes.

Two Peeps and a Seat is that webcomic.

It is also a PBTA game by our very own Ettin following a fictional gaming webcomic from the 2000s. But according to Ettin,

quote:

Two Peeps and a Seat isn’t just an RPG about a gamer webcomic.

It’s an RPG about all gamer webcomics.

It’s about every comic from the late 90s-00s that started with people on a couch playing video games. It’s about the surreal universe they shared: a place where regular people lived extraordinary lives, where something magical lurked on every street corner but even the mundane things could be an epic adventure. It’s about the Wild West days of Web 2.0, where webcomics were an amazing new medium and we mostly used it to say words like “awesomesauce” at each other.

Two Peeps and a Seat is an homage to those halcyon days. The quality may have been varied at best, the update schedules may have been erratic, and we may have made slightly too many comics about Jack Thompson, but let’s face: we were young, and didn’t know any better. Now that we’re older, that’s called nostalgia.

Get ready, because we’re about to r0xx0r your b0xx0rz.

In particular, we're going to be following our webcomic through a storyline revolving around one of the most important (and most memetic) E3 shows in history.

The current rules can be found here. I'm looking for about three to four peeps and one seat. The recruit will probably run until Saturday the 8th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jester the Psycho Klown

Evil One

https://twitter.com/jokers_trick/status/1134029778380451840

He's a clown, he's a criminal terrorist, he's a mean bastard, he likes to loving game and he knows that some bitches are going to steal his style in one decade from now. Jester loves online games where he can easily grief and gank, extremely niche japanese games that sold only three digit worth of copies and Paradox mapgames.

Stats

+2 Ownage
1 Skillz
0 Snark
-1 Random

Questions

quote:

Who have you already admitted to caring about hating the least?

On the various gaming messageboards and internet forums, I found several men (and one or two women) who are exactly into my poo poo... Misanthropy, love of chaos and psychogaming. I guess that those rascals are gonna be spared from my wrath... For now.

quote:

What’s the thing that separates you from actual villains?

I smoke weed and I'm a Gamer and that's something that George W. Bush and Jack Thompson aren't going to do ever. By the way, if I ever meet those cockfuckers, I'll heat them with a tire iron. Beeyotch!

quote:

You’ve sworn revenge on someone, or a type of person. Who is it?

Veronica!!! And of course the god drat society that we live in. Blowing up everything is the only thing that fuels my psycho Klown rampage!!!!

Moves

quote:

Chaotic Evil
When you inflict mindless violence on an NPC, rollzor+Ownage instead of +Random.
When you inflict mindless violence on a PC, rollzor+Foe instead of +Random.
Always make it personal

quote:

Don’t Say Another Word
When you go off on an epic rant, rollzor +Ownage. On a 10+, hold 3.
On a 7-9, hold 1. Spend your hold 1 for 1 to make someone who witnessed it terrified of you.
On a miss, you just look weird and the target(s) of your ire gain +1 Foe against you.

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jun 2, 2019

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Scarthorax the Weird One

quote:

What weird abilities set you apart from others? How do you feel about it?

Oh I'm just an Incubus, not really anybody important down in Hell. I've got demonic magic powers and a way with words - which it turns out isn't so common up here. The magic powers, not the way with words. Well, maybe some of the people I hang out with don't have that, but you get what I mean right? Anyway it's pretty neat since people here are very impressed. There were a lot more powerful demons in Hell but up here I'm considered very one thousand three hundred and thirty seven.

quote:

Do “regular” people see you? Do they freak out or are they strangely blasé?

Yeah people can see me, but they seem strangely fine with it? They mostly think I'm doing something called "cosplay" and say I did a good job with my costume. But they seem kind of weirded out if I keep trying to correct them and let them know I'm an actual demon from Hell? I don't get it.

quote:

How did you end up hanging out with these people? What do they give you?

So I was in Hell, just making sure all the damned were suffering and all that. But I noticed a portal had opened up - normally you can only get out with permission and eventually you're teleported right back to Hell. So I went through to see what's up and a bunch of people were sitting around a television doing something. They were kind of freaked out when I just dropped in, but then I asked what they were doing and they said playing "video games." We don't have that in Hell, and oh my Satan it's incredible! And pizza, and air conditioning and Mountain Dew and dogs and...I could go on forever, but this is way better then Hell! Kind of makes sense now that I think about Hell being punishment and all.

quote:

Hot Demon

Stats:

Ownage +0
Skillz +1
Snark -1
Random +2

Moves:

Ex Machina
When you use your weird powers to solve a mundane problem, tell a friend what you’re doing and rollzor +Random. On a 10+, it works. On 7-9, choose one:
• There are unforeseen consequences.
• You’ll need a rare item (magic tome, Australian cuisine, etc.) that will require some zany antics to get your hands on.
• You’re going to need help.
• One of your rivals will get in your way.

On a miss, you make things worse.

Not Like The Others
Describe a weird power you have that others don’t, like magic powers, robot functions, an Australian accent, etc. Choose a basic move and a stat. When you use your chosen move, you can choose to rollzor your chosen stat instead.

Power: Sexy Incubus charm

Move: Cutscene

Stat: Random

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jun 1, 2019

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

nvm, too much going on

Aesculus fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jun 2, 2019

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Percy McAdams

Percy just built a new "Selesnya" deck for Magic: the Gathering's "Ravnica" set, "grafting" the new "Dissension" cards into it. He's taken to assigning everyone a "guild" from the game, himself being the "Parun" of the couch, which he considers his personal "Vitu-Ghazi." He works at a bookstore and plays tournaments at the game store across the street, so the couch is the only time he plays "video" games.

quote:

The Middle One

Stats

-1 Ownage
+2 Skillz
+1 Snark
0 Random

Relationships

Jane: +1 Friend / -1 Foe
Cagliostro: +2 Friend / +1 Foe
Jester: -1 Friend / +2 Foe

Style: Well-meaning busybody

Favorite Games: Magic, casual games, story-heavy games

Hero of Another Story
Describe a side thing you do regularly when you're not hanging with the others (Magic).
When you do your side thing, you can choose to use Community Center and rollzor+Skillz. When you rope someone else into your side thing, it counts as sitting on a couch and playing video games.

Hyperspace Mallet
You have a special attack that everybody fears. When you inflict mindless violence in the Fun Zone, you can rollzor+Friend or +Foe instead.

What's your idea of "helping", exactly?
I assess their color identity and mana cost to cater my approach, see if they have any keywords or activated abilities I should be aware of, then make my statement. I'm a very wise person, so I think of some meaningful flavor text from a card that could go in their deck and tell them that. Then I apply it to their situation and allow them to act on this new knowledge.

When was the last time your patience reached its limit? What did you do?
I was getting horrible luck during a game of Mario Party, and then lost a duel minigame for my only star. And they laughed, as if they really needed my star. I challenged them to a different duel, with my Dimir deck. Countering spells, milling their deck, and absolutely shutting them down. Humble pie.

What do you do to blow off steam?
Besides deck-building? ... I have a small garden in my window and a few cats. Urza, Yawgmoth, and Teysa. And I read books. Actual books, not just the stuff in the fat packs.

Double May Care fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 14, 2019

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Grand Lord Magus Cagliostro of the Unseen Coven, Scourge of Hearthold and Scion of the Forbidden Arts

Weird One

-1 Ownage
0 Skillz
1 Snark
2 Random

Jester: +1 Friend / +1 Foe
Percy: +2 Friend / -2 Foe
Jane: -1 Friend / -1 Foe

Style: Drunken Fey/Strong AI

Ex Machina
When you use your weird powers to solve a mundane problem, tell a friend what you’re doing and rollzor +Random.
On a 10+, it works. On 7-9, choose one:
• There are unforeseen consequences.
• You’ll need a rare item (magic tome, Australian cuisine, etc.) that will require some zany antics to get your hands on.
• You’re going to need help.
• One of your rivals will get in your way.
On a miss, you make things worse.

Manic Pixie Dream Friend
When you help or hinder someone in the Fun Zone, they release 1 Tension.

Questions

• What weird abilities set you apart from others? How do you feel about it?
I wield arcane power unimaginable to mere mortals! ...Well unless they played the game I'm from then I suppose they could imagine it. However! The game does not feature the true depths of my might, or charm! Also the English localization omits my entire childhood...

Regardless! Even my simple cantrips are enough to astound and awe these slack jawed miscreants. Which is good because I am primarily an alchemist and did not arrive with my stash. While nothing would please me better than to cow all these simple fools I also appreciate that I cannot be tempted by conquest at a mere fraction of my power. With conquest comes management and that is simply tedious. I have no love for it. The hidden coven has a moooostly horizontal organization because of that. Speaking of! This strange land is full of potential witches! The temperature here is much more agreeable for gathering in the woods in the dead of night. Surely I can find women who will be my pals and go hang out in the woods and do stuff with me that they keep a secret.

Next question!

• Do “regular” people see you? Do they freak out or are they strangely blasé?
The dregs that shuffle about this world do not treat me with the proper awe. I suppose in my true home it was more like contempt or anxiousness but drat it people knew me! Oh sure they do notice me here too. To leer and sneer at the only properly developed sense of fashion they've ever seen. The fabrics here do not cling, this was the best I could manage to recreate my grand battle robe. The ritual ambushed me when I was not garbed for battle of course. I could have easily rejected such a breech into my reality if I was not caught by surprise!

• How did you end up hanging out with these people? What do they give you?
Well they summoned me to this realm. Or their friend did? The one that wants to see my coven's rituals but he can't be a witch he's a dude. I forget if he's part of the main group. Or which one he was? All these greasy tshirt wearing nerds have the same face I swear. Honestly I could care less. I'm just here for the novelty and possible alchemical ingredients. I have recently discovered a potion called Monster juice? It has strong portents for the arcane secrets I can pillage this land of. Ohohohoho! The cretins are rather fortunate their little prank is shaping up to be a windfall.

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jun 14, 2019

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Jane Smith, The Serious One

+0 Ownage
+1 Skillz
+2 Snark
-1 Random

Friends:

Jester: -1 Friend / +2 Foe
Percy: +2 Friend / -1 Foe
Cags: +1 Friend / +1 Foe

Style: Unlucky Everyperson (But Totally Snarky About It)

Favorite Games: Dungeons & Dragons, JRPGs

• What normal adult things do you get up to when you’re left alone?

Oh, you know, the usual. Work, make sure the bills get paid and we don't get evicted, work, a little landscaping... oh, and bailing my friends out of jail. You know, totally normal stuff.

• Which friend is determined to get you to lighten up and why?

Out of this crew? Man, that's a story for later... but I do have a different friend who thinks I'm all work and no fun. So, yeah, I hold down a 9-to-5 most of the year teaching. When I'm on the clock, I am on. We're talking lesson plans, grading papers, fielding calls from god knows how many parents worried about their kid's grades... you know how it goes. It's really only during the summer and the holidays — you wouldn't believe what sort of holidays I get, by the way, ever heard of National Kart Racer Appreciation Week? — that I get to let my hair down and grind my backlog.

So my DM, James, is always trying to push for some extra-long sessions when we get to the climax of a story arc, but like... I can only dedicate so much of my Saturdays to the group! C'mon, those lessons aren't going to plan themselves! He's been talking about throwing an intervention to get me to lighten up. What does that even mean?!

• What’s your weak spot, the thing you take so seriously it’ll make you act weird?

Alright, listen. It's not weird. Those other guys are weird! But, uh, so you know the whole in-character/out-of-character divide? I absolutely refuse to break it. If someone's at the table talking about how they ordered pizza mid-session, you better believe that Lady Pendragon is going to get all worked up about these mythical otherworldly flavor disks that the gods are talking about.

quote:

Here We Go Again
When you reluctantly get dragged into someone’s shenanigans after all, make a witty comment and rollzor+Snark. On a 10+, hold 3. On 7-9, hold 2. Spend hold 1-for-1 to ask the MC one of these questions:
• Whose fault is this?
• What’s really going on?
• What’s the fastest way out of here?
• What’s their weakness?
• What’s the worst that could happen?

quote:

Deadpan Snarker
When you call out somebody’s foolish behavior, make a snarky comment about it and give them a point of your Tension.
When you encourage somebody’s foolish behavior, they can have you gain Tension in their place.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jun 14, 2019

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Okay, so it's gonna be

Jester
Percy
Cagliostro
and Jane

Gimme a bit to get the OP together.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Thought I had posted it

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3890793

Thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

I edited my Friend and Foe values to my sheet. Also that link links back to this thread.