Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Pwny_Xpress posted:

Any goons gonna be in vegas for fight week and the fan expo?

Also, any tips for a first timer in Vegas (on a somewhat broke, recent college grad budget)? Not only is this my first time in Vegas but it's actually my first vacation ever! I am excited for the fan expo, and to find a buffet or two, run around outside drinking and not get yelled at for it. That about all I got so far.

First time in Vegas must do poo poo:
Bellagio Flower Garden
Caesar's Forum Shoppes
Check out the WSOP Main Event
Go to a nightclub and day club
See a show
See the Bellagio fountain show from the strip
Walk the strip or ride the double decker bus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/francis_ngannou/status/1145438000752410624

ouch

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I wanna see Francis grapple my dude

Also when the gently caress are UFC 242 tickets supposed to go on sale

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

he's just so loving massive

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Waroduce posted:

I wanna see Francis grapple my dude

Also when the gently caress are UFC 242 tickets supposed to go on sale

Looks like they want you to buy a ticket+hotel package on this page (which you get to from the "buy tickets" link on ufc.com events page):

https://visitabudhabi.ae/showdown-week/showdown.aspx

There's 5 hotels to choose from (on a 1x4 scrolling grid, lmao)

If you already saw that and you want individual tickets without a hotel package, here's Francis Ngannou in a fight with a total of 1 strike thrown:

https://streamable.com/tpp0g

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Also what do you nerds do for a living? I'm done being a lawyer and will have a masters in finance in 10 months. I need a better job.

A buddy of mine was a lawyer, they quit to do graphic design and now they do beer labels, they're much happier.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

If you guys have any interest in picking/submitting new tags for MMA stuff we have a thread for it now

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

I was thinking about the recent JDS fight and discussions of goofballs thinking they could take UFC fighters.

In most pro sports the losers still look really impressive and you can tell they are super skilled. In UFC you get people losing in a minute or less and they look totally poo poo. So maybe that's why goofballs think they could compete like "hey i could stand there and lose in a under a minute so I'm as good as JDS."

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

JaySB posted:

First time in Vegas must do poo poo:
Bellagio Flower Garden
Caesar's Forum Shoppes
Check out the WSOP Main Event
Go to a nightclub and day club
See a show
See the Bellagio fountain show from the strip
Walk the strip or ride the double decker bus

don't ride the high roller.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Pwny_Xpress posted:

Any goons gonna be in vegas for fight week and the fan expo?

Also, any tips for a first timer in Vegas (on a somewhat broke, recent college grad budget)? Not only is this my first time in Vegas but it's actually my first vacation ever! I am excited for the fan expo, and to find a buffet or two, run around outside drinking and not get yelled at for it. That about all I got so far.

If you like Thai food, go to Lotus of Siam. It's loving amazing and not terribly expensive.

If you enjoy spectacle food, then go to Hash House A Go Go. Breakfast food on steroids, ridiculous portions, hella fun place to eat yourself into a food coma. The quality isn't special, but man it's fun to get a pancake the side of a steering wheel. There's one in the LINQ.

The Springs Preserve is worth a visit if you're into environmentalism, and want to see stuff applicable to living in a desert.

If you're hungry and wide awake at 3AM, get a ride to Pho Kim Long, and then head next door to Lee's Sandwiches to stock up for the next day. I'm boutta get some Lee's after work tonight. gently caress yeah, love that place.

Downtown Vegas is way more fun than The Strip, imo. Hit up the Fremont Street Experience if you like a street fair atmosphere with outdoor music, vendors and performers. Also boobs and dongs. You can enjoy the sights and nonsense without spending too much.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Mr. Nice! posted:

Also what do you nerds do for a living? I'm done being a lawyer and will have a masters in finance in 10 months. I need a better job.

I'm also a lawyer (tax) but I love my job. The secret is I work for the government rather than being a serf for unreasonable clients or chattel property of dickhead partners.

But more on topic re who had comparable power: Carwin might've. If you looked for power from any position you'd also get Jones' GnP. It gets hard to draw distinctions at the top though. Accuracy matters as much as power and it could be Rumble or whatever were slightly more accurate but didn't hit as hard or vice versa.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah like Mark Hunt I don't think ever actually hit that hard in the grand scheme of things, but his ability to put his middle knuckle on the point of your chin or behind your ear meant dudes just folded.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I literally have dreams about the al pastor tacos from tacos el gordo, it's a loving must.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

awesomeolion posted:

I was thinking about the recent JDS fight and discussions of goofballs thinking they could take UFC fighters.

In most pro sports the losers still look really impressive and you can tell they are super skilled. In UFC you get people losing in a minute or less and they look totally poo poo. So maybe that's why goofballs think they could compete like "hey i could stand there and lose in a under a minute so I'm as good as JDS."

I think I'd rather try to be a chubby Kalib Starnes tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
And like a magician pulling a bunch of props out of a hat, we see this thread disappear. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3893026