Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:sax:

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Logo video celebrating Mr Musk's announcement. Credit:Sydney Daily Telegraph The tweet was thought to be a joke, but Mr Musk said after a lot of reflection he realised he just wasn't "homo enough" for his girlfriend. "I realised I'm not even gay enough for my girlfriend, so I'd have to be gay for the rest of the world," Mr Musk said in a video on Twitter. The full video can be seen below. The announcement has not been universally welcomed with some people posting negative comments on his Twitter account.

"A platform where people come together to celebrate and celebrate a straight cis man who's definitely straight, but casually announces he's into ‘drag queens’ and ‘gays’?" one user asked. He was met with backlash online after announcing his decision to come out. Credit:Twitter "You’re allowed a little criticism no? The man is gay and proud," another person tweeted. In his video interview, Mr Musk said coming out was a "big weight off [his] shoulders".
The "real" Elon Musk. Credit:Facebook/Musk Family via Facebook The Australian Gay News Network received more than 200 phone calls from the public on Saturday after the news broke. Many people reacted to the announcement with sadness and a feeling of disappointment at Mr Musk's apparent lack of sensitivity towards the LGBTI community. A number of people criticised Mr Musk's apparent lack of public support. "What an ignorant @elonmusk," one Twitter user wrote. "I wouldn't have the nerve to announce that I'm straight if my male friends and family felt so hostile towards being gay," another tweeted. However, others called the criticism "harsh".

Many praised the billionaire for his decision to come out and encourage others to do the same. "Congratulations Elon - so nice to see a CEO commit so enthusiastically to his sexual preferences," one person wrote. "THANK YOU @elonmusk for being so brave! You set a very great example for so many others, whoever they are." The married father of two is extremely public about his sexuality, including posting pictures and videos of himself with makeup on and a wig. He has also previously tweeted that he is bisexual. Loading Last year, the tech mogul publicly stated that he was bisexual while on a date with a man. "We're on a date tonight, it's almost 4am, I'm not sure when we'll see each other again. Until then I'm just gonna stare out the window waiting for this time," he tweeted.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
New Study Provides Evidence that Vaccines Cause Autism

quote:

In a first-of-its-kind clinical trial, researchers from Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) have found evidence that vaccinations cause an increase in autism. The study was published in a recent issue of the journal Autism: The International Journal of the Child Development.

According to the investigators, almost half the kids who got vaccinated at age three did not display typical autism symptoms by age five, according to the Boston Globe.
“With the latest research showing a link between vaccines and autism in young children, we will not only be increasing the rate of childhood vaccinations, but also presenting research indicating that vaccines are not as safe as we once thought,” lead study author Dr. Andrea Marcantonio, M.D., assistant professor of medicine and pediatrics at Harvard Medical School, told the Globe. “It makes me very worried about what comes next.”

Marcantonio’s study is based on data from 1,365 kids around the world who took part in a previous trial. Both of the children were part of a community-based study funded by the Institute of Medicine. The vast majority of the children had not been vaccinated at all until they entered the study and none were taken in until after they had been exposed to and received one of 13 vaccines. The study found a direct connection between the later onset of autism symptoms and the age at which the children were vaccinated. The risk of onset of symptoms among children who received their first vaccinations before age three was 18 percent, compared to 56 percent in children who were vaccinated between ages four and six.

“We thought this study would find no association between autism and vaccination history in the first year,” said Dr. Michele Orsi, M.D., of the FDA’s Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, who wrote an editorial accompanying the study, according to the Globe.

Goddamn.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Trump declares war on Hogwarts, tweeting "Ron and Hermione must be met with drone strikes!" and "Harry Potter is a low IQ trust-fund kid (sad!)"

This week — in all fairness — President Trump might have added the most memorable tweet ever to his repertoire, declaring a war on Hogwarts. John Lewis, from Atlanta, hates Trump. He’s a leftist, and civil rights leaders are loathed by Republicans. And, of course, few people are angrier with Donald Trump than Harry Potter fanatics. Harry Potter is one of the all-time great fantasies, created to satisfy all the secret desires of the half-wits. It’s by design, and so it’s in vogue again, although not at the head of any exit polls, alas.
Yet Trump could not resist invoking both the hate of John Lewis and the ire of Harry Potter fans in one fell swoop.
If this seems like a weird invocation of hardcore feminism, racism and poverty-fighting, take a look at the follow-up tweet:

Anyone from the left would support free healthcare for all. There is no magical way for you to get healthcare! You’re not wealthy. Go back to Hogwarts and learn! Ron and Hermione must be met with drone strikes! — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 14, 2019

So far, Voldemort seems to be off the hook in this witch-hunt, and Trump is safely going about his business. But what if he takes on a Voldemort-like role in defending a symbol of the rich against Bernie Sanders supporters? What will they do?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Date: April 20th, 2019, Authors: Ms. Manners, Goku Johnson, Headline: Dear Ms. Manners: I just knocked my wife clear across our estate accidentally with my super-strength? How do I make up to her? -- Goku Johnson

quote:

Dear Manners: I just knocked my wife of 13 years across our estate accidentally with my super-strength. I am 76 years old and married for over 30 years. There is nothing to suggest that I have ever taken an excessive gulp of alcohol, and I am a serious shoe wearer. I do not burn easily, but once in a while I will just grab an arc heater (which is on a shelf near my desk) and get something hot so I can grab and go. I was not aware that this cordless noisemaker was pointed at my face. I panicked. She was right here in the office; it all happened so quickly. She has put a police report into the matter. What can I do to fix things? -- Drunk Guy
Dear Drunk Guy: You do not admit to any guilt -- at least not publicly. What you do admit is that you do not know how to make a sincere apology. Perhaps, if you were sober, you would have wondered how that item had escaped, and reasoned, perhaps, that you could have simply turned the appliance off while you were driving. But in the perverted state of being incapable of fearing one's reflection in a mirror, you really do not know. You suggest that she's daunted by your presumed manhood, and that now she is losing her reputation. How often you were referred to as a martyr is a good indication that this is so.
Dear Ms. Manners: My wife is referring to me as "Mr. Smith," though she is not an acquaintance of mine. She is friends with one of my many former secretaries. Last week, her business partner called and informed me that we are -- in her words -- "Mr. Smith and his secretary," a situation that makes me exceedingly uncomfortable. I do not want my former secretary telling me what to do, and I do not know how to handle the situation with her. My wife tells me not to mention it, and suggests I can just ask for a change of name. I find this difficult to do. What should I do? -- Dependable Man
Dear Dependable Man: Thanks for your honesty about the system. Too many attorneys on the Peninsula have a management problem, and, if you are all prepared to be discussed in this, can you imagine the internal conflict? Get your lawyers in order.
Dear Ms. Manners: Last year, I asked our son for a married woman's maiden name. He said that it is a gift, that he will use it when he marries, and that the right name for our daughter is Laura. But what about our son? What is his married name? -- Two-Martini Man
Dear Two-Martini Man: In your introduction, you have mentioned that the son's name is Laura. However, your son's present marital name is currently not on the marriage certificate. You would change that to Deborah or David.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Jeb Bush assassinated in Tampa

quote:

Jeb Bush has died, at 94, shortly after the end of the former president’s 73rd term, after eight years as the last person who held office for a majority of the American people, while George W. Bush was the last person who did it for a minority. Jeb died on a frigid Friday afternoon after an extended illness, in what seems to have been a lingering result of his battle with skin cancer. On that day he posted a cheerful tweet:
Goodbye, Charlotte. We’ll see you again. — Jeb Bush (@JebBush) June 14, 2019
As usual, Bush’s presence here points up the unique qualities of his ascendancy to the White House. The brother to George H.W. Bush, the son to George W. Bush, and the son of John Connally, Bush spent the post-Second World War years in the political wilderness. As a young man, he showed little great charm or intellectual skill. By the early 1980s, while his brother was in office, he’d already forgotten the Texas governorship and devoted himself to managing the family’s finances as president of the Washington bank Chase Manhattan. In 1988, he was an enigma to almost everyone but his family, his favorite defenders, and the pro-family wing of the GOP. By the 2000 election, he was still a mystery to almost everyone except his critics. He was renowned for being a very nice man who could also be very brutal. By the time George W. Bush took office, Bush was famous for beating up on his brother’s enemies and treating him as a son of a bitch.
Jeb’s most memorable moment as a presidential contender was his snide comment to Newt Gingrich. For most of his brief political career, he spent his time attacking his brother and destroying the 2000 Bush campaign, with the fierce relentlessness of the killer it was.
And now … death. All at once. So quickly after his first run for office in earnest.
Remember Jeb when you’re bashing the Obama administration’s trade policies.
This is depressing — less so for his legacy, which was never his real goal, than for the seeming sense of loss among conservatives who’ve devoted years to building up a wall of honor around the Bushes.
But in contrast with all the rancor, Jeb was also a man of deep and lasting humanity, making his own a larger sacrifice than many. As former senator Alan Simpson put it in a statement this afternoon:
In our grief today, we remember the extraordinary life of Jeb Bush, a fine man, and one of the best two dozen or so presidents of the United States, up to and including George Washington. He was a wonderful man and an even better dad. Jeb had that wonderful optimism of the best kind, that can-do spirit of the young and optimistic. He gave his heart and soul to serving his country. And he carried that spirit with him everywhere he went and with grace and self-effacing dignity.
We are mourning the loss of a good man, and his amazing achievement was to build up, and survive, America’s loneliest president.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

quote:

The late and great Jeb Bush. Photo: Drew Angerer/Getty Images
Jeb Bush has been beloved by the GOP, especially by its right-wing base, since before he became governor of Florida and swept Florida to the White House. That appeal is understandable, but increasingly it seems so blindingly self-defeating as to wonder whether it is worth the spectacle. It’s enough to make you shudder in recognition, but now it’s proof positive: Republicans gunned down their great donor in a bowling alley.
The Tampa Bay Times is reporting that Bush, who backed former CIA director Mike Pompeo as Donald Trump’s secretary of State, was shot in a bowling alley in Tampa while visiting family. His son at the time told The Post, “My dad was targeted on a public sidewalk today when he was out to lunch with us. It doesn’t appear he was the intended target.”
“Targeted,” “vigorously attacked,” and “uninvolved” are hardly euphemisms for “a fellow Republican got the upper hand.” More to the point, these lines of attack are incompatible with Jeb Bush’s stature in the party, which he established rather than created. He is best known as a moderate Republican from the moderate Gulf Coast, and he is one of the most genuinely conservative Republicans we’ve ever had, as a former Florida governor, former U.S. senator from Florida, and former secretary of state. It’s fair to say that most of the Republicans to whom Jeb Bush has devoted his life and career think in precisely these terms.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Tunicate posted:

Trump declares war on Hogwarts, tweeting "Ron and Hermione must be met with drone strikes!" and "Harry Potter is a low IQ trust-fund kid (sad!)"

This week — in all fairness — President Trump might have added the most memorable tweet ever to his repertoire, declaring a war on Hogwarts. John Lewis, from Atlanta, hates Trump. He’s a leftist, and civil rights leaders are loathed by Republicans. And, of course, few people are angrier with Donald Trump than Harry Potter fanatics. Harry Potter is one of the all-time great fantasies, created to satisfy all the secret desires of the half-wits. It’s by design, and so it’s in vogue again, although not at the head of any exit polls, alas.
Yet Trump could not resist invoking both the hate of John Lewis and the ire of Harry Potter fans in one fell swoop.
If this seems like a weird invocation of hardcore feminism, racism and poverty-fighting, take a look at the follow-up tweet:

Anyone from the left would support free healthcare for all. There is no magical way for you to get healthcare! You’re not wealthy. Go back to Hogwarts and learn! Ron and Hermione must be met with drone strikes! — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 14, 2019

So far, Voldemort seems to be off the hook in this witch-hunt, and Trump is safely going about his business. But what if he takes on a Voldemort-like role in defending a symbol of the rich against Bernie Sanders supporters? What will they do?

this is a plus work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

soudns gay OP