Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Anyone catch this? I only knew it existed because I saw an ad on the bottom of the on demand menu. Looks like it just premiered last night. Was looking to check out the first episode on demand and SURPRISE!!.....the entire first season (ten episodes) is on some early premier thing. At least for xfinity.

quote:

NOS4A2 (pronounced Nosferatu) is an American supernatural horror drama television series, based on the novel of the same name by Joe Hill, that premiered on June 2, 2019 on AMC. The series was created by Jami O'Brien and stars Ashleigh Cummings, Zachary Quinto, Olafur Darri Olafsson, Virginia Kull, and Ebon Moss-Bachrach.

“NOS4A2 follows Victoria "Vic" McQueen, a young working-class artist who discovers that she has a supernatural ability to track the seemingly immortal Charlie Manx. Manx feeds off the souls of children, then deposits what remains of them into Christmasland — a twisted Christmas Village of Manx’s imagination where every day is Christmas Day and unhappiness is against the law. Vic must strive to defeat Manx and rescue his victims — without losing her mind or falling victim to him herself."

On December 8, 2015, it was announced that AMC had put a television series adaptation of Joe Hill's novel NOS4A2 into development. It was reported that a search was underway for a writer to pen the adaptation. Production companies involved in the series were set to include The Tornante Company and AMC Studios. On May 31, 2017, it was announced that AMC had opened a writers room for the series. Jami O'Brien was expected to lead the writers room and executive produce alongside Hill.

On April 10, 2018, it was announced that AMC had given the production a series order for a first season consisting of ten episodes. The previously announced creative team is still expected to be involved with the series. Additionally, it was reported that O'Brien will serve as showrunner and that Lauren Corrao will act as an executive producer.

On March 30, 2019, it was announced that the series will premiere on June 2, 2019.

On June 27, 2018, it was announced that Olafur Darri Olafsson, Virginia Kull, and Ebon Moss-Bachrach had been cast in main roles. On July 5, 2018, it was reported that Jahkara Smith had joined the cast in a recurring capacity.[10] On August 28, 2018, it was announced that Karen Pittman had been cast in a recurring role. On September 13, 2018, it was reported that Zachary Quinto and Ashleigh Cummings had been cast in the series' two lead roles of Charlie Manx and Vic McQueen, respectively. On October 12, 2018, it was announced that Rarmian Newton and Darby Camp had joined the cast in a recurring capacity. On December 17, 2018, it was reported that Ashley Romans would appear in a recurring role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

RestingB1tchFace posted:

the entire first season (ten episodes) is on some early premier thing. At least for xfinity.

The whole things out already? Dope. Know what I'm watchin after I finish Mr. Mercedes.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
This book was really good, any reports on the show?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
It was entertaining, but gently caress, I'm already super tired of hearing Bostonian accents. Also the Scrabble Girl was a goofy caricature of an edgy teen.

If anything I thought it setup an interesting, fanciful premise; the lead actress did a good job and Zachary Quinto was sufficiently imposing.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I loved the book, but the show is way too slow moving for me. There's good stuff, but it feels like each episode could be about 20 minutes long and still cover the important stuff.

I'm also really curious how they'll handle The time skip given that I've seen people busting out cell phones.

Lord Bob
Jun 1, 2000
I loved this book and was so deeply hoping that they'd cover the whole thing in one season, but they've used the timeskip as a season break point. fingers crossed it gets a season 2 to finish everything out, because it was Plenty Good Enough.

fingers crossed for netflix's locke and key too.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I watched a few episodes and gave up because it was boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Lord Bob posted:

fingers crossed for netflix's locke and key too.

God, I want this to be good, so bad. Being a big fan of Nick Stahl from his Carnivale days, I was so hype for the version of this from a couple years ago. Also Ksenia Solo from Lost Girl as Dodge was casting perfection.