Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

https://passwordsgenerator.net/ posted:

22. If there are WIFI routers in your home, then it's possible to know the passwords you typed( in your neighbor's house ) by detecting the gestures of your fingers and hands, since the WIFI signal they received will change when you move your fingers and hands. You can use an on-screen keyboard to type your passwords in such cases, it would be more secure if this virtual keyboard( or soft keyboard ) changes layouts every time.

27. Use at least 2 differnet phone numbers, do NOT tell others the phone number which you use to receive text messages of the verification codes.

35. If an online shopping site only allows to make payment with credit cards, then you should use a virtual credit card instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

hunter2

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

22. is insane mossad poo poo that you don't need to care about because if it is even possible you are already dead
27. is paranoid but I could see being vaguely useful, the better answer is SMS 2FA sucks rear end and you should use something else if possible
35. isn't the worst practice i've ever heard but it's a pain in the dick most of the time

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

also using a credit card is the best way to buy stuff online because it's just a credit card; if there's an issue you take it up with the credit card company.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Captain Foo posted:

also using a credit card is the best way to buy stuff online because it's just a credit card; if there's an issue you take it up with the credit card company.

yeah, at best there might be a tokenized option like apple pay where its automagically generating per transaction but for the times ive had a card popped its not been an issue

i think the last time was a gas station skimmer anyways. and the credit card company spotted it before me

22 sounds like it could be solved with any tablet or phone but that is some enemy of the state paranoia and you might as well live in a faraday cage too

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

22 just makes me think of that thing from cryptonomicon with the screen cloning via EM emission

googles

Van Eck Phreaking apparently, lol

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

apple has solved 35 for any place worth shoppign at

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

22 - but what if they use their magical 3d high resolution interference mapping to map your mouse movements and clicks on the on screen keyboard????

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

i wish i had done something worthwhile enought with my life to make 22 an issue for me

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

power botton posted:

apple has solved 35 for any place worth shoppign at

after my card was popped at a a gas station i noticed some of the other stations in the area support apple and google pay and were price competitive so yep

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

i am going to have nightmares about our chief security officer stumbling across this website, they would definitely believe all that bullshit

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Korthal posted:

You can use an on-screen keyboard to type your passwords in such cases, it would be more secure if this virtual keyboard( or soft keyboard ) changes layouts every time.

hirsch one-time scramblepad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

Agile Vector posted:

after my card was popped at a a gas station i noticed some of the other stations in the area support apple and google pay and were price competitive so yep

ive noticed more and more gas stations taking apple pay, its great

(well, having the contactless reader, and actually having the payment terminal hooked in to that == supporting apple pay automatically)