Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Idk why every enemy’s movement speed in their info blurb is 0m

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

If playing as the Origin character Shadowheart can I bang Gale?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What do u think

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

It’s 2023, you can bang anyone you want.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

The Lord Bude posted:

Examine your enemies, especially in big tough fights.

Baldur's Gate 3: Xamine Your Zenemies

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

I'm pretty sure every Origin/companion romance pairing is possible and has its own unique dialogue.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Ahaha, I rolled a natural 20 for the DC99 dominate brain thing. Probably didn't need it but it made it exceedingly simple to win the final boss fight. And with that, I guess I'm done until the definitive edition comes out.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Moon Slayer posted:

From last night's red carpet:

What a bunch of lovable weirdos.

Feel bad for the guy whose face is obscured by the furry lady lol

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Monathin posted:

Okay I am like 90% done with the OP and am now onto tips and tricks, if you have specific tricks that need to go on here (I've got the stuff in the title)

Let Volo do the operation, if you don't mind losing out on a merchant in your camp until he returns in Act 3. I guess technically that's a spoiler, but I feel like people should know they can get a really good bonus if they go ahead with it

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

Monathin posted:

also if you have a funny thread title time to bust it out

BG3: No achievements for bear loving.

BG3: Honor among Tavs

BG3: The 100 hours in the character creator don’t count

BG3: Lots of Sleep ‘til Baldur’s Gate

BG3: Squid Brains

I dunno. Not my strong suit.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Maybe also add that you can always cancel concentration-based spells. Some people seem to be unaware of this, probably because Larian made the li'l x so tiny

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Geekboy posted:

BG3: Honor among Tavs

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

BG3: There's a ghaik in my loot

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

BG3: Not looking promising, OP

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

The Honour playthrough is going well so far, except for when I accidentally aggroed the Owlbear and had to hot foot it out of there. The paladins of Tyr were dangerous, but luckily Wyvern toxin ended up killing the main guy immediately after he one shot two party members and from there it was just mopping up.

Let's all love Lain.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Phlegmish posted:

BG3: Not looking promising, OP

BG3: You Can't Have Your Ghaik And Beat It

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Professor Beetus posted:

Does anyone know (Zhentarim spoilers) if not dealing with them in act 1 means a much different fight with the guild in act 3? Because the Zhent got clowned hard in my last run, not a single guild ally died or even dropped to half damage and the Zhent felt extremely weak, outclassed by pretty much all the guild folk. I imagine if the big group from Act 1 gets to go to BG, it becomes a much more even fight?

I didn't do anything at all to the Zhent in act 1 (left them all alive) and the guild fight was just as underwhelming as you describe. (Normal difficulty)

Monathin posted:

It's pronounced "honk".

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Monathin posted:

Okay I am like 90% done with the OP and am now onto tips and tricks, if you have specific tricks that need to go on here (I've got the stuff in the title)

any of this stuff useful for the OP?
https://beforeiplay.com/index.php?title=Baldur%27s_Gate_III

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
BG3: Todd Howard's Greatest Nemesis

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Todd better be malding.
Bethesda would never be able to make anything close to BG3 even with infinite time and money.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

:lmao:

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Yeah she cracks me up. She chats so much poo poo for someone who got locked in a wicker cage

I was immediately on board with this whole game when I asked her to say "please" to be let of the cage and she says NO and up pops the Shadowheart Approves

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Jack Trades posted:

Todd better be malding.
Bethesda would never be able to make anything close to BG3 even with infinite time and money.

Scene: Castle, with green trees. Play fantasy music. There’s a castle gate.
Astarion: hello, who are you? Fancy meeting you at the Baldur’s Gate.
*intense zoom into his motionless unblinking face*
1. Hi Astarion, let’s be friends.
2. You blood suckin goof ball, how bout we hop this Gate and go fight a Dungeon and Dragon?
3. I will travel with you for money
4. *kill Astarion and then eat his corpse*

Fast travel to the town of NEVERWINTER. Exterior scene: castle, green trees. Play fantasy music. Color tint the scene slightly orange to differentiate the two places
*intense zoom into motionless unblinking face*
Lord Neverwinter: Can you and Astarion help me with this Quest? I am Lord Neverwinter of Neverwinter and there is a dragon attacking my town of Neverwinter.
*intense cut and zoom. Emotionless face + emotionless read*
Astarion: haha, I am a sassy pansexual vampire.

You have LEVELLED UP TO LEVEL 45. Choose a perk.
1. +1 to sword
2. Gain ability to press C and sneak
3. Plus 3% damage to fire spells if you have burning condition active
4. Gain ability to craft a potion
5. +1% damage to scrolls

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

ChronoReverse posted:

Ahaha, I rolled a natural 20 for the DC99 dominate brain thing. Probably didn't need it but it made it exceedingly simple to win the final boss fight. And with that, I guess I'm done until the definitive edition comes out.
Did they change that DC99 to be more than just some health off the final boss?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

space uncle posted:

Scene: Castle, with green trees. Play fantasy music. There’s a castle gate.
Astarion: hello, who are you? Fancy meeting you at the Baldur’s Gate.
*intense zoom into his motionless unblinking face*
1. Hi Astarion, let’s be friends.
2. You blood suckin goof ball, how bout we hop this Gate and go fight a Dungeon and Dragon?
3. I will travel with you for money
4. *kill Astarion and then eat his corpse*

Fast travel to the town of NEVERWINTER. Exterior scene: castle, green trees. Play fantasy music. Color tint the scene slightly orange to differentiate the two places
*intense zoom into motionless unblinking face*
Lord Neverwinter: Can you and Astarion help me with this Quest? I am Lord Neverwinter of Neverwinter and there is a dragon attacking my town of Neverwinter.
*intense cut and zoom. Emotionless face + emotionless read*
Astarion: haha, I am a sassy pansexual vampire.

You have LEVELLED UP TO LEVEL 45. Choose a perk.
1. +1 to sword
2. Gain ability to press C and sneak
3. Plus 3% damage to fire spells if you have burning condition active
4. Gain ability to craft a potion
5. +1% damage to scrolls
Options are too distinct, since FO4 bethesda dialog options are like

NPC: Traveller! You must help me by going to this map waypoint and killing everyone there! Will you help me?

1. Yes
2. No (Yes)
3. Tell me more (Yes)
4. Sarcastic option (Yes)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

1. What Baldur's Gate Gazette?
2. Support News
3. Hate Gazettes

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Shumagorath posted:

Did they change that DC99 to be more than just some health off the final boss?

It's the same. Just that in Honor Mode, it's a bit trickier to push as much DPS so having a big chunk knocked off already meant it no longer was a worry.

It was just a surprise that my first roll for the DC99 (I did have advantage) got me the natural 20 in a game full of natural 1's and at least a couple of critical fails with advantage (i.e., rolled double 1's).

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Yeah this was the one lol

New thread made, go wild, last mod out lock the door

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4049117

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
You've already beaten the game on honor mode? Did you skip much in act 3 once you hit max level and got the gear you wanted?

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6f7j1E61sM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

trevorreznik posted:

You've already beaten the game on honor mode? Did you skip much in act 3 once you hit max level and got the gear you wanted?
In Act 1 and 2, I "did everything" (as in talked most of the bosses to death for Act 2) but I only did Djinni Jungle, Sorcerous Sundries, House of Grief, Cazador, and House of Hope in Act 3 before taking out Orin and then allying with Gortash.

I wanted the power but I didn't want to end my run by making a mistake so I reduced risk as much possible.