Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is better/more good than Hamburger Helper?
This poll is closed.
The Holocaust 18 40.91%
Capitalism 5 11.36%
Ex's 2 4.55%
Reddit 7 15.91%
Nothing 12 27.27%
Total: 44 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Skypie posted:

I like you, HonkyDong, but I'm sticking to my guns here. Tuna steak? Fine. Tuna sushi? Sure. Canned tuna? Begone, foul wretch

Go fly a kite buddy!

More canned fish for the rest of us. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Honky Dong Country posted:

Go fly a kite buddy!

More canned fish for the rest of us. :smug:

Canned tuna is great for a "I am working an eighteen hour shift and I need protein NOW." And Tuna melts. Tuna melts rock.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Yeah I eat a lot of tuna when I'm working an outage. Though usually I get the stuff in the pouches. It's more expensive but you don't have as much fluid in them and some of the flavored varieties are actually pretty drat good. There's this hickory smoke flavored one that's drat good for a work snack on some crackers. The sweet and spicy flavor is pretty good too.

Tuna, hard boiled eggs, and some good cheese are all great snacks at work that don't sit real heavy on the stomach when I gotta go back in containment where it can be hot af. Plus when I've just gotten out of said hot rear end containment s nice cold snack is really great.

E: really wish I could expand my horizons wrt canned seafood but no matter how many times I try sardines or smoked oysters I just can't get on board with them.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Jun 9, 2019

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Yeah albacore tuna is always dry and hard and gross.

I have recently discovered canned mackerel. It has a much better texture than canned tuna, and the can is like triple the regular tuna size for half the price. It has a slightly oilier, fishier taste, which might be a deal breaker for some, but I love it. Now I need to put it in Tuna Helper.

Hell Stink posted:

If this was your mom's idea, I love your mom. I would totally eat that

burrito.

Eh, my mom is Mexican. We just treated tortillas like a better alternative to white bread. I learned to toast tortillas on the open flame of the stove before I learned to write my name. PB&J burritos were a solid snack. Hell, sometimes we would just toast the tortilla and then rub a stick of butter on it. Which made the butter all smashed and crumby and then we'd get in trouble.

The Dregs fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jun 9, 2019

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

drat, might have to get some mackerel and see how that goes. I've ate plenty of mackerel but never canned mackerel.

E: holy poo poo King Oscar makes a Mediterranean style mackerel. Gonna fuckin order some.

E2: Hell yeah got me a tin of that poo poo on the way.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Jun 9, 2019

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

drat, might have to get some mackerel and see how that goes. I've ate plenty of mackerel but never canned mackerel.

E: holy poo poo King Oscar makes a Mediterranean style mackerel. Gonna fuckin order some.

Let us know, yo.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

Pic and tasting summary required

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Will do. Supposed to arrive Tuesday. The pictures on King Oscar's website look pretty good. Boneless skinless mackerel in a can with a buncha seasonings and some olives and poo poo.

https://www.kingoscar.com/product/skinless-boneless-mackerel-fillets-mediterranean-style/

Not gonna lie I'm excited to try this poo poo.

E: Mackerel Update: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3756260&pagenumber=167#lastpost

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jun 12, 2019

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Yeah I eat a lot of tuna when I'm working an outage. Though usually I get the stuff in the pouches. It's more expensive but you don't have as much fluid in them and some of the flavored varieties are actually pretty drat good. There's this hickory smoke flavored one that's drat good for a work snack on some crackers. The sweet and spicy flavor is pretty good too.

I think Good Eats hit on tuna in an episode and Alton Brown said that the pouches are far superior to the canned tuna. Mostly because the pouches have a bigger surface area so it doesn't have to be cooked as long and therefore has a less dry texture.

It sucks though that not only do the pouches cost more but they contain half the amount of tuna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I think Good Eats hit on tuna in an episode and Alton Brown said that the pouches are far superior to the canned tuna. Mostly because the pouches have a bigger surface area so it doesn't have to be cooked as long and therefore has a less dry texture.

It sucks though that not only do the pouches cost more but they contain half the amount of tuna.

Yeah they're definitely not the economical choice but they really are pretty good. It's nice to chill a few pouches of good tuna and just shovel it onto a cracker and eat it.