Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

more 👏 stupid 👏 accents 👏

Charlotte was a treasure and we must protect her legacy. Gimme all sorts of accents, inflections and whatnot. Go overbord with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Grimthwacker posted:

Charlotte was a treasure and we must protect her legacy. Gimme all sorts of accents, inflections and whatnot. Go overbord with it.

I agree, screw the haters, Charlotte's accent owned.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Phantasium posted:

100%, he's credited on the website as well as the people on the Trial remake.

Awesome, I didn't really do my homework and just watched the trailer.

Grimthwacker posted:

Chawwotte was a tweasure and we must pwotect hew wegacy. Gimme aww sorts of accents, infwections and whatnot. Go overboawd with it.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I didn't even mind Charlotte's accent, but the captions of it threw me off constantly.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

They should go the opposite direction and give the cute little gremlin character a deep gruff voice.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

They should go the opposite direction and give the cute little gremlin character a deep gruff voice.

I too liked Xenoblade 3.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
If the dwarves don't maintain comedy deep south accents is it even a mana game at this point.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

New trailer at the xbox thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nvRHj8YWEo

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

This game looks so lovingly crafted.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Koiichi ishi looks a lot like a guy who is going to silently throw me through a window for the dude who created rabites

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Have we ever been able to use mounts with our characters? Except for riding the Chocobo in Final Fantasy Adventure and it's remakes?

Fake-edit: Could we even ride a chocobo in Sword of Mana?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

There was no Chocobo in Sword of Mana asides from a post-credits bonus animation.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Hell yeah Pikuls

Hell yeah 100 track OST

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

A Yorkshire terrier mixed with a pangolin. If Square knows what they’re doing, they will have pushes available at the time of release.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Also, side note, Koichi Ishi looks so cool.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Also, side note, Koichi Ishi looks so cool.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I do like how he's talking about darker elements with the monsters while there are Rabites on screen, but then also that they have this almost horrible little scream they do.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Phantasium posted:

I do like how he's talking about darker elements with the monsters while there are Rabites on screen, but then also that they have this almost horrible little scream they do.

I was glad. It makes it easier to rationalize slashing away at the adorable creatures.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Seeing the concept art is great. For some reason it's really cool that the half asleep crab design was there from the start

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
We are all in. Hype!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Zenithe posted:

Seeing the concept art is great. For some reason it's really cool that the half asleep crab design was there from the start

They're all from FFA/SD1.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Mega64 posted:

They're all from FFA/SD1.

This is an amazing link. Those spinning things were supposed to be air elementals???

This brings back so many childhood memories. The game was great, and surprisingly serious for it's time. Will bites it in the first two minutes, the other guy (Hakim?) guarding the girl dies in like the first 20 minutes, Bogard literally breaks his spine and can't move his legs anymore, your chocobo needs robot legs to walk again, Marcie sacrifices itself, etc. Child me was blown away by most of them, especially when Marcie said they can't jump. Plus the very good music for a gameboy game.

Edit: Oh yeah, the game also forced you to kill Amanda yourself...

Torrannor fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jan 19, 2024

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
It’s funny to look at the concept art because so many of the sprites in FFA/SD1 were taken from Final Fantasy 3, particularly the humanoid NPCs; a lot of them are use the sprites for various Jobs. The Dark Lord, for example, uses the overworld sprite for the Mystic Knight.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Game looks even better than I imagined from the 30 second trailer. I wonder if they're taking a similar approach to the ToM remake and refining it, or going in a completely different direction. The combat looks similar but with more freedom and fluidity.

Magic looks interesting. I wonder what the deal is with multiple copies of the elementals popping up. I spotted Undine, Jinn, Gnome, and Salamander. Can't wait to see the rest!

Also, hell yeah, pikuls

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Meridian Dance learned by ear by Lara

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yHCa0z8gVo

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

My sister just had a baby girl and named her Charlotte. My first text to her (after the congratulations of course) was that I hope she doesn’t have a lisp.

Anyway, I am looking forward to Visions of Mana, the upcoming game in the Mana series :)

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Thread bump made me think it was coming out soon :mad:

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Thread bump made me think it was coming out soon :mad:

Sorry but it is, isn't it? This summer, right? Strange that they've never given a date yet. It's all I'm looking forward to for the rest of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A0sil8LWK8

Bunch of preview coverage here
https://www.resetera.com/threads/visions-of-mana-march-2024-trailer-previews-dropped.831672/