Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crabcakes dogg
Aug 8, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
If you're at all interested you have probably already been listening to the leak that dropped like a week ago. But I'm not going to be posting links to that so go find it yourself if you don't want to buy it.

They've decided to be pretty cool about it and release the leaked minidiscs on bandcamp: https://radiohead.bandcamp.com/

These are supposedly higher quality rips with a lot of white noise and copyrighted material removed (recordings from film, jazz recordings, etc.). Apparently it will only be available officially for the next 18 (17 now?) days. All earnings will go to Extinction Rebellion: https://rebellion.earth/2019/06/11/breaking-thank-you-radiohead/

That version of Lift on MD125 is pretty good, also enjoying Attention (MD111) and the full band version of True Love Waits (MD111) is also pretty neat to hear.

Oh I forgot to mention: Some nice fellow is creating .cue files for the official release by hand and can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/radiohead/comments/bzjk1k/minidisc_hacked_separated_tracks_cue_files/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

That's pretty cool

crabcakes dogg
Aug 8, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks bud

There is definitely some interesting demos and ideas and alternate versions of songs from that period but it can be annoying to sift through. Luckily there are a few resources out there that highlight some of the better gems on this 18 hours of recordings.

crabcakes dogg
Aug 8, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
That full band version of Motion Picture Soundtrack is p good too, although Hurts to Walk is awful not sure what's up there

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
The full band version of True Love Waits is almost as bad as the one on the new record.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

Monday_ posted:

The full band version of True Love Waits is almost as bad as the one on the new record.

Lets not go crazy.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
Is that the band that did Creep? They're still around?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Monday_ posted:

sorry to hear about your broken ears

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
minidiscs ruled

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

other people posted:

no Left-Eye died

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

other people posted:

no Scott Weiland died

Cubone
May 26, 2011

goodnight everybody

crabcakes dogg
Aug 8, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Cubone posted:

goodnight everybody

nite bud

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Wow I hadn't heard about this. Crazy that something took almost 22 years to leak. Wonder if it was stolen or what.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

other people posted:

That was stone temple pilots

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Meskhenet posted:

That was stone temple pilots

Well hopefully their new Radiohead album will be as good as Core! Shame it got leaked like this.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I don't know if it was the label or them, but I can't get their poo poo on YouTube anymore so this poo poo doesn't raise their profile in my eyes.

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

mind the walrus posted:

I don't know if it was the label or them, but I can't get their poo poo on YouTube anymore so this poo poo doesn't raise their profile in my eyes.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

On one hand it’s good that the proceeds go towards extinction rebellion, but on the other hand Radiohead is the perfect soundtrack to a climate apocalypse.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yes puppy, and that's literally all they put up. I want to listen to the full Kid A? In Rainbows? Find that and then act :smug:

YagotmeIdidit
Jan 10, 2018

RobattoJesus posted:

On one hand it’s good that the proceeds go towards extinction rebellion, but on the other hand Radiohead is the perfect soundtrack to a climate apocalypse.

Is extinction rebellion a legit thing or just one of those middle-class "eco warrior who drives a range rover" type thing?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

mind the walrus posted:

Somebody bought their catalog in 2016 from EMI according to Wikipedia so that's probably why.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

YagotmeIdidit posted:

Is extinction rebellion a legit thing or just one of those middle-class "eco warrior who drives a range rover" type thing?

It’s the middle class eco-warrior’s adult children who are willing to glue themselves to poo poo and get arrested, so they’re good and cool imo.

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

mind the walrus posted:

Yes puppy, and that's literally all they put up. I want to listen to the full Kid A? In Rainbows? Find that and then act :smug:

dont be cheap?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Absolutely the correct response to hacker ransom poo poo. "gently caress you, I'm putting it on before you, biiitch"

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
this might be as good a place as any to pimp this criminally underappreciated youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXvzp3YKJ1Q

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Absolutely the correct response to hacker ransom poo poo. "gently caress you, I'm putting it on before you, biiitch"

It wasn’t ransom. Dude got them by trading them from an anonymous party (probably somebody from the company that compiled the unreleased material for the recent OKC re-issue) for some unreleased Beatles material, then tried to sell them in a black market place where people would literally pay $500 per song. There was some predictable drama and the dude threw out the $150,000 dollar number in a moment of frustration, and then leaked the material himself a few hours later. The band heard about this an interpreted it as “someone was trying to ransom us!” which apparently made the leaker really sad because that wasn’t his intention :(

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

It wasn’t ransom. Dude got them by trading them from an anonymous party (probably somebody from the company that compiled the unreleased material for the recent OKC re-issue) for some unreleased Beatles material, then tried to sell them in a black market place where people would literally pay $500 per song. There was some predictable drama and the dude threw out the $150,000 dollar number in a moment of frustration, and then leaked the material himself a few hours later. The band heard about this an interpreted it as “someone was trying to ransom us!” which apparently made the leaker really sad because that wasn’t his intention :(

But was trying to sell stolen material. Feel so bad for them.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
The band just released the material on their own accord, donating proceeds to Extinction Rebellion, their preferred charity. It only makes sense because people will want to find these tracks one way or another. I wanted them myself but didn't want to be part of stealing from them- so everything works out.

crabcakes dogg
Aug 8, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
That mellow version of Airbag is so chill *lights up* tgimff homie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Small conversational detour:
I'm still sour that minidiscs did not get the popularity they deserved state side.