Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

LA!

June 2006!

VIDEO GAMES.

E3 is the absolute Mecca of game fans. The future of gaming is here, and will never be open to the public. So imagine all your surprise when you get special press passes to 2006's show! Wow! The PS3! The Wii! Booth babes! Hell yeah!

Of course, there's nothing like some pregaming before the show. It's currently day 1, and you're playing games on our seat, the bed in your hotel room, before hitting the show floor.

Everyone, what games are you looking forward to seeing at the convention? (A handy reference to games featured at E3 2006)

Jester, this is probably your only chance to make some havoc in the biggest gaming stage known to man. Any big plans to gently caress with the suits?

Percy, you're more of a card game man, so why did you agree to come over to a video games convention?

Cagliostro, you're probably going to be doing a lot of people watching here. What kind of people are you excited to study at the show?

Jane, you just know that Jester and Cag are gonna be trouble. What precautions are you preparing to keep all of you out of jail and in the show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Jane Smith, The Serious One

You know, this is really a moment of vindication. They always said that applying for a press pass was "dumb" or "never going to work" or "a waste of time." Hey, well, just goes to show you that even a WordPress website you toss together to house all the game reviews you do for fun can count as journalism. Check and mate, suckers! Anyways, I'm chilling with my PSP and playing some Monster Hunter Freedom while we wait. It's a little outside my wheelhouse, but I think this franchise has promise!

Anyways, you're right, I gotta keep Cags and Jester from... I don't know, burning down the Microsoft presentation or wandering on stage or whatever they're going to do. Cags is definitely the easier of the two to deal with. If you give her something interesting enough, she pretty well takes care of herself. Jester... he's trickier. I think my best play may just be pretending not to know him... maybe. Or maybe I can let slip that there's a famous performance artist attending E3 this year? That could work.

As I slam the last hit home on Rathalos, I look up at the rest of the group. I say, "So, guys, what're you all wanting to hit first? I'm going to be living at the Square-Enix booth for sure, did you see their pre-E3 trailers?!"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jester the Psycho Klown, The Evil One

The stage of the fools is set, and the curtains for the play of insanity open. Suddenly materializing from a cloud bearing the charateristic smell of the 'Yerba del Diablo', the Clown Prince of Chaos arrives at the convention floor. A bloodstained journalist pass is pinned on Jester's chest, plundered from a G4 staff member that's now likely in some sordid gutter on the worst parts of LA.

Now of course, it's a matter on what to do... It seems like Rockstar will announce something huge regarding the much hyped Grand Theft Auto IV, a game from a series whose capacity for mayhem and havoc much contributed into turning the Psycho Klown into the herald of lunacy that he is today. And of course there's Clifford B's Gears of War, whose potential for epic violence also is gigantic..

But first of all, there is the opportunity to cause massive chaos on the presentations. It seems that Nintendo will present their so-called 'Wii', soon, a console whose name immediately sprung such a mischievous idea for a Jester's Trick. Of course, what better way to announce a Wii... Than to douse the entire audience with an olympic pool's worth of chimp urine?!

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jun 14, 2019

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Percy McAdams, The Middle One

I bought a blue DS about a year ago, along with Harvest Moon, Mario Kart, and currently Tetris. I didn't get the Lite since I didn't want to lose it somewhere, and I used to have Phoenix Wright but traded it in once I beat it. "Square... Yeah, Rocket Slime looks fun..."

See, I'm not just a Magic player... Although I always carry some decks with me in case someone gives me the Magic vibe. We always have at least one table in cafeterias across all fan conventions. That's where I'll be spending most of my days here when I get tired of the show floor, and I'm sure I will.

As for the reason, well of course it was Jane's idea to invite everyone. I know Jane thinks she has us under control, but there's honestly no predicting the others. She's very much Azorius, which is all well and good until Mr. Rakdos and Ms. Izzet start stuff far beyond the letter of the law. I especially want to watch out for Cags, since... well, I'm responsible for her even being here. They wanted to make some magic, and Magic is best left to the pros. This is more than just a game, after all...

"Capcom's got some interesting games too. There's that Romero send-up, and that ice robot one. New Phoenix Wright too, which--I mean, how could they top that case?"

Then Jester arrives, as he usually does, with a bunch of questions best left unanswered. "Yeah, that would do it!"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Grand Lord Magus Cagliostro of the Unseen Coven, Scourge of Hearthold and Scion of the Forbidden Arts

I reached a meditative state during my preparations to prepare for the Atlus booth. Which is to say I've been replaying Disgaea for the past ten hours and just riding on auto pilot through the sleep deprivation. The rumor mill is that they're bringing over the Disgaea sequel. But I think the new game in my series is going to get an entry. I need to be able to articulate my feelings on their aggressive localization directly towards their faces.

This will be an extended festival however and will need to bide my time. Maybe there will be cosplayers. I still haven't found one to properly recreate my battle robe so I can learn their technique. And more importantly so they can speak, at length, on how I inspired them to pay homage to me.

The voices of the others knock me out of my trance enough for me to simply fall out of my chair onto the floor. "What's going on?" I ask from down there after a yawn.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

"Playing games," I tell Cags. I'm working through the puzzle mode in Tetris, and while I appreciate the various "old-school" homages, the references are lost on me...

"Does anyone wanna play Mario Kart?" I hold out the game card. "You guys all have your DS's?"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Grand Lord Magus Cagliostro

"Nrrrgh" I crawl towards the mini bar, unaware it isn't already paid for. We're all crammed in this room to save money. "Hello, Potion Seller, I am going into battle and I want your strongest potions. I am going into kart battle."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

After a bit of Waluigi Pinball, it's finally time to get to DAY ONE of E3!

To the show floor!

Alright, tell me which booths each of you is hitting first!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jester the Psycho Klown, The Evil One

Jester will first attend the Konami booth. Indeed, Konami seems to be the greatest ally of Gamers this year, and will likely be so even for the decades to come. What with there must likely be an action packed, content filled new MGS game for the hypothetical Playstation 3 and an audacious new reboot of the Bomberman concept with Act Zero, he will likely to have lots of fun with both....

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Jane Smith, The Serious One

Jane is going to open palm slam her bad self into the Square-Enix mix and, maybe, come up for air at some point.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

Percy is going to look around until he eventually finds himself in the Nintendo booth to check out this whole "Wii" thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Grand Lord Magus Cagliostro

Not that she'd ever admit it, but the crowd and spectacle is a big overwhelming for Cagliostro. She sticks around Jane for fear of getting lost in a raucous sea of sweaty nerds.