Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

I always look like the opposite of their ex-husbands.

Eating alone at an olive garden on Friday nights?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

You must get the Taste of Italy and the salad.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I don’t feel comfortable eating alone at an eat-in restaurant like Olive Garden. I would just order carry out.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Mill Village posted:

I don’t feel comfortable eating alone at an eat-in restaurant like Olive Garden. I would just order carry out.

Novice

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://slate.com/human-interest/2018/08/olive-garden-pasta-pass-what-its-like-to-eat-unlimited-sauce-and-breadsticks-every-day.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/my-olive-garden-unlimited-pasta-pass-save-10000-2018-9

These and the TGI Friday's unlimited apps article are always great reads

Tim Whatley fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 16, 2019

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Olive garden has to-go orders, OP.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Aesop Poprock posted:

That actually looks really bangin and super out of place comparatively lol

I've ended up going there quite a few times for some reason, and I tried a few other sauces and they were about typical chain quality, not bad but not great either.

Now I just always immediately order the Mizithra without checking the menu, it's just... Way superior to anything else they have, no contest all, it's kinda weird

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I did a carry out order for me and my wife tonight, but the pick-up time was late so I took my food to work

The vanilla iced coffee made me poop very harshly

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Olive Garden is food I'd rather not eat with witnesses. I guess when a microwaved fettuccine alfredo won't do without the magic of hospitaliano, one must go back to the source.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KatjVmoV94o

Actually alfredo is one of the most pure sauces and as such do not suffer such acidic flavours as the savage tomato sauces do.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Eating alone in a restaurant is a power move.
The world is your oyster, don’t be afraid to claim your place in it. Enjoy yourself, catch up on some light reading, don’t be afraid to chat with your servers for a bit (unless they’re busy, don’t be rude).

I’m just bummed because every time I’ve gone to Olive Garden in the last 12 years I’ve ordered the same thing off the menu and they don’t have it anymore. I enjoyed my little date with myself but to be honest I probably won’t ever go back, the magic is ruined.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
What did you order?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Goon campaign to bring back Bust Rodd's favorite Olive Garden dish

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

I enjoyed my little date with myself but to be honest I probably won’t ever go back, the magic is ruined.

But did u get head? :q:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Sorry no cougars found you attractive :smith:

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Good to see that mid-range chain Italian restaurants are just as poo poo in the USA as they are in the UK.

Love 2 pay over the odds for a plate of pasta, gloopy sauce and water-injected chicken, carefully un-spiced to be acceptable to the widest possible audience.

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
enjoy your bread op

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pistol_Pete posted:

Good to see that mid-range chain Italian restaurants are just as poo poo in the USA as they are in the UK.

Love 2 pay over the odds for a plate of pasta, gloopy sauce and water-injected chicken, carefully un-spiced to be acceptable to the widest possible audience.

Yeah pretty much an exact description really.

Iirc Olive Garden doesn't use salt in their pasta water because the executives are worried about corrosion voiding the warranty on the pots which ranks up there with some of the dumbest capitalism.txt poo poo I've ever heard. This is as of 2016 anyway but I can't imagine policy has changed really.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lmao loving what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Lmao loving what